Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Tiny Tim
    Started by Tiny Tim,

    Have applied to join the PSNI and now with my exam date looming what is the best method of study for the exam as the recruitment company managing the competition has not published the practice test papers (expected 15th October) Do I use the Canadian Police IST or study with the metropolitan police psychometric booklet I purchased....or maybe both??

    • 6 replies
    • 5.2k views
  2. Fiji888

    Hi all, just wondered if people could give me some advice (hopefully from first hand service with either force). I am currently applying to the Metropolitan Police Service and will be sitting my assessment centre soon however I am slightly split now I know MOD police are also recruiting. I have a score that I am able to transfer directly to MODP from a previous assessment earlier this year but that score is not high enough for direct movement in to the Met. My intentions for policing are that I would ideally like to serve in a public facing, Home Office force for the beginning of my career (the Met is my ideal as there are unique chances of opportunity and to hopefully…

  3. ConcernedMother
    Started by ConcernedMother * ,

    Hi Everyone, I hope someone can help me. I recently applied for a control room role with my local police. I got through the assessment phase and interviews and they made me a verbal offer for the job. References were given and they started medical and security checks, but I got a letter today stating I failed the security check with no reason why. I don't have a criminal record and so I am now concerned that my family or people I am associated with are dangerous or have a criminal past which I am unaware of. I have two young children and someone close to me has caused my check to fail. Is there anything I can do to find out who it is that failed this? I have applie…

    ConcernedMother *
  4. tinamc8
    Started by tinamc8,

    My application, vetting and diversity forms are all sent off now. Was a great relief to get them sent in. I am just excited now. How long did you guys wait to hear that your application had been received? I know the timescales vary for outcome of papersift so til then I will be doing a bit of english and maths revision and really hitting the fitness. Fingers toes and everything else in between crossed i pass this fist hurdle. Tina

  5. Creggy
    Started by Creggy * ,

    Evening all, I'm currently a Special at Tower Hamlets and have an application in for PC, hopefully to be starting in Feb/March 14. I was just after some advice on choosing a borough and what boroughs people think are the best to work in, and why? Coming from a busy borough like HT I am slightly in favour of the inner city busyness where we are constantly taking calls, ultimately gaining more experience, quicker. On the downside, the current wait for courses is about 4 years! Apparently if you are posted on a quieter borough you get courses quicker... i know there's a waiting line but i really don't want to have to wait 4 years or more to get to L3 IRV. I look forward …

  6. OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember
    Started by OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember,

    hi all,i dont know where to post this (im new) i hope im right I am leaving school summer next year and will be taking public services for collage and i would like to know i you have any tips for how t prepare for the fitness test or maybe a basic exercise guideline Also i wear glasses and have a Astigmatism and also am affected by some short sight, will it affect my chances of getting into the police?? Thanks to anyone who helps Cheers - Yeke

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
    OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember
  7. Raj87
    Started by Raj87,

    Hi, I'm new to this forum, I was recommended by a friend to have a look. So far I am not disappointed. I have been a serving police officer for about 6 years in one of the forces which surround London. Recently Met Police have opened up their doors to transferee's. I have applied and thankfully my application was accepted. The second stage of the recruitment process is to have a telephone interview. As far as I am aware from speaking to other people, this is the first time Mets have done this. I have spoken to the recruitment team and they have advised me that the telephone interview will last about 30 minutes and it will be based on my "application to join Met…

  8. maximusbrown
    Started by maximusbrown,

    Hi, Just wondering if there was anybody out there who was supposed to be starting at Tuillallan in October 2013 but then had the start date put back? I applied in August 2012, was told my start date for training would be 2th September 2013, then 28th October 2013 and when I contacted recruitment today I was told it mightn't be until December or possibly January. Is anybody else out there in the same position as me? Anybody have any more information? Cheers

    Gadgets1546621234
  9. kraggy1546620736
    Started by kraggy1546620736,

    Hey folks, Just wondering about how long the process will take and the time intervals between each stage? From their website they say that the following is the process: 1. Application Form 2. Standard Entrance Test 3. Initial Fitness Test 4. Initial Interview 5. Vetting 6. Assessment Centre 7. Medical 8. Substance misuse test 9. Final Fitness Test Firstly, do you reckon the above stages are in the correct order? Maybe 7 and 8 will happen the same day? Secondly, how long do you reckon there will be between each stage? e.g. For argument's sake, let's say they advertise on September 1st, what stage do you reckon they will be at come Christmas? I want to appl…

  10. tom91
    Started by tom91,

    Hi, Does anyone know if the met has a final interview after the day 2 or is it just vetting? Thanks :)

    • 1 reply
    • 347 views
  11. tinamc8
    Started by tinamc8,

    Hi all I'm new to the forum but have been reading through old posts which have been very insightful. I am currently filling out my application form for Police Scotland. I am having a problem, and it is my own fault, I just seem to be overthinking my answers. I know what I would like to write but I am anxious to make it the best application I can submit. The issue here is I am just writing and rewriting and over scrutinising every little point.to the extent that I am holdong back on sending it away. The more I look into this career the more it consolidates that this is what I want to be doing so that is adding more pressure. Anyone else here going through the applicatio…

  12. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    I recently dealt with a job and I thought I was assaulted, but in the end the charge was resisting arrest, which ok I was not best pleased but at least the guy was going to court for it. I checked on the result the other day and blow me the CPS withdrew the resist arrest. The matter was withdrawn with no consultation with me or the other officer involved. I am new to the job and was totally disheartened by this result. I am just wondering if I have any redress on this matter and if I would be in my rights to speak to the CPS to ask the question why they seemed it was fit to withdraw the resist arrest. Just to give you the back ground. A male was wanted for FTA I wen…

  13. Benjimartin
    Started by Benjimartin,

    Anyone currently waiting or going through the various stages of the recent recruitment drives?

  14. rmsyme
    Started by rmsyme,

    Hi folks I passed my panel interview today. well chuffed. Anyone who has there's coming up make sure you know the competences and be yourself. You have got this far , they must see something in you so be confident and good luck.

    operationfirestorm
  15. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Hello Guys and Girls, I had an email from TVP not more than couple of weeks ago letting me know that I will be invited to an assessment. That was great, however today I received a letter asking me to book an interview. Is this the assessment or are they doing interviews before assessments, I am confused. I will email them to confirm in the morning just wondered if anyone else had been invited to an interview ahead of assessment. Bit confused really.

    operationfirestorm

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.