Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. A.W
    Started by A.W,

    Has anyone applied for New Constable roles with the Met this summer? I put my application in on the 14th and got invited to my Day 1 on the 30th August, taking place on 4th October in Empress State. A lot of people are still waiting for replies, including my partner despite finishing the application only two days after mine. I've already passed my Day 1 for MSC after my second attempt, but obviously has been held by the concentration on the reg recruitment. I'd really like to know what everyone's doing to prepare for their Day 1. It's probably going to be largely similar to the MSC Day 1 but more challenging and includes role-play exercises. I've worked in custom…

  2. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Finally my Assessment day at Thames Valley Police has arrived.... well on Tuesday. Thought I would ask this question now before the weekend to get the most feedback I can. I have purchased a great book: The Definitive Guide to passing the police recruitment process by John McTaggart I have studied GCSE Maths on Bitesize online. Increasing my understanding of math to a new level! well... a much better one. I have mind maped the Westshire Shopping Centre facts, numbers, locations, figures & more. I Completed over 15 psychometric tests online with mixed results to be honest. Practiced writing reports for 5 hours Spent 6 hours performing as real as possible role plays H…

    operationfirestorm
  3. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hello, Does anyone know where i can get a list of the PNC Warning Markers I.E. what they stand for? I know WM is Wanted Marker just there seems to be loads and i only know the main few. Maybe on Ncalt? Cheers

  4. MrBob
    Started by MrBob,

    I've been looking at a force I'd like to transfer to for a while now. Sadly they've only had one opening for transferees in the last 4 or 5 years that I've been watching them. With this force not opening their doors I got curious and started to look at other forces in a similar area of the country and not one of them appears to be wanting to take on transferring officers at present. Having known officers transfer in the past this seems to be an odd situation. Is this all to do with the current financial climate and does anyone think we'll see the end of this and transferee spots open up again any time soon?

  5. Shellshocked77
    Started by Shellshocked77,

    Anybody heard anything about Transferee recruitment to D&C this year? The website says that they'll give an update in September (now) and don't contact us. I'm one of the thousand hopefuls that would like to transfer down from the Met. Many thanks in advance.

  6. twohopes2012
    Started by twohopes2012,

    My spies tell me (though with some doubt) that the PSNI has been effected to some extent by Tom Winsor and his helpful contribution to the total destruction of the Police! My spy tells me that the PSNI have had a wage freeze (as in not rising with inflation) and they THINK that you will not get your pay increments i.e the extra 2 grand from 8 years to 9 years service and the extra grand from 9 to ten years!!! They also think double time will go!! Anyone know any more???

    • 2 replies
    • 2.8k views
  7. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    Just after some advice on dogs in a private dwelling. If they are used to threaten someone but they are not bitten. What offence has been committed if any?

  8. ZZZ1
    Started by ZZZ1 * ,

    Can anyone who has gone through Tulliallan recently tell me what the gym facilities are like? Free Weights, cv area etc.

  9. 35ina30shothim
    Started by 35ina30shothim,

    http://www.essex.police.uk/recruitment/police_officers.aspx For anybody interested. Is the "A" level requirement something new? It used to be 5 "O" levels in my day........... but I am old.

  10. Garystewart84
    Started by Garystewart84,

    Finally have my medical tomorrow so hoping to be one step closer to joining... How long does it generally take to have feedback on whther you have been successful? I know I am going to fail the colour blindness test but I have already been to the specialist at Cally Uni that I would be referred to so I can perhaps speed up the process a bit. Ive been told I might be there for a few hours, is this correct?

  11. Conway
    Started by Conway,

    I understand that all services across the UK have a six month rule in terms of applying. So for example if I apply for lets say the MET Police Service, then I cannot re-apply if new posts open up within the six month period. But my question is, does the six month rule apply across the board? If I apply in one service, does this still apply in other services, or can I put in a new application to a seperate service though my previous application within six months has been rejected in another?

  12. snowscreen1546621202
    Started by snowscreen1546621202 * ,

    Hi All, Friday evening I received an email from Essex Police inviting me to the Mandatory Briefing on Tuesday next week. I applied and completed some initial online tests and have now made it through the paper sift following my application. Happy to have made it through as I felt my examples on the application were quite weak. Now the email says that "The attached document details the location and format of the briefing assessment." Unfortunately there is no attachment with these details and the office is now closed until Monday. I'm also meant to confirm my attendance no later than 48 hours before Tuesday, again to the office which is closed over the weekend.…

    operationfirestorm
  13. rtt8

    Hi, I have passed the recruitment stage for the role of PCSO, all I have left now is my medical in 3 weeks, but I am afraid I will fail it due to a past mental health 'fluctuation'. When I was 15 I went through an incredibly traumatic ordeal and assault and turned to alcohol abuse and 1 instance of self harm, I attended therapy and after several months got a completely clean bill of health, and have been completely sound ever since. I am now 22 and a support worker for autistic children and the elderly, so I am obviously of good mental stability and character, will my past instance of alcohol use and depression hold me back? I am hoping not as a great deal of time has p…

  14. Housedad
    Started by Housedad,

    Hello, I am about to begin the process of transferring to Police Scotland. After twenty years of living in England I think its time to go home. Is there anyone from the old Lothian and Borders force area willing to have a private chat with me about working in Edinburgh? I'm originally from the Highlands but my wife's career means that we would have to relocate to the central belt. All of my service to date has been in the inner city boroughs of the Met. Any advice or help would be very welcome, thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 362 views
  15. ewingk63
    Started by ewingk63,

    anyone else in the same boat?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.