Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Police wannabe
    Started by Police wannabe,

    Posted Today, 09:39 PM Evening all I have today received the devastating news that my appeal against a caution for Affray 13 years ago has been rejected by vetting at Scotland Yard. I'm currently a PCSO working for the met police. I entered the selection process at the paper sift stage closely followed by a day one assessment and finally the fitness and substance misuses test, to which I passed all with flying colours. Whilst this was all going on I also had to attended a law course on my days off at the price of £1000, of my own money, and work 10hour shifts at work. I then suddenly get an email thanking me for my interest in joining the met as a police constable but …

    operationfirestorm
  2. welshrarebit
    Started by welshrarebit,

    HI there, After working in government for 8 years taking statements from people I investigate I've decided I'd like a career change and fancy joining the police. I am 35 and was wondering if that is to old to join the police? Welshrarebit

  3. Conway
    Started by Conway,

    When I ask this question, I do understand yes, that police officers do need to live within their constabulary to be fully operational. But I ask this question on the basis that to make an application to the many constabularies, do you actually have to live within the area. So lets say you are from, the west midlands. But the West Midlands Police have not be recruiting for a few years, can you then apply for the MET Police even when you do not actually live within or around London? If anyone can find any policy or experience concerning this, it would be much appreciated.

    whyalwaysme1546620974
  4. treyon
    Started by treyon * ,

    I believe they'll be opening new applications soon - make sure to sign up for alerts if you're interested! The last recruitment event was fully booked within 3 hours of opening.

    operationfirestorm
  5. jamieg666
    Started by jamieg666,

    Does anyone know if when you do the 15m bleep test for BTP do they stop the test at 5.4 or do they let you go as long as you can. The only reason I ask is that ive been training for mine and I can now get to level 6. Most of you will think thats poor but i used to be 19.5 stone (now 16.5) and used to get out of breath walking up the stairs. So to me I've done well and am still doing well compared to how I was :tongue:

    operationfirestorm
  6. Dahinchl
    Started by Dahinchl,

    Dear all, Having my medical come up for a support staff role within the next week and as such I have become incredibly paranoid about my BMI. Now, technically I am underweight according to the BMI test, 18.6 was the result. Now, its not that I am skin and bones what so ever, I have just never been able to hold onto any body fat (I have tried putting on weight). Does anyone know if you can 'fail' the medical for being underweight?

    operationfirestorm
  7. 1981matthewwilson
    Started by 1981matthewwilson * ,

    I've finally reached the decision that joining the police force is the thing for me, so I intend to apply at some point in the not too distant future. I am aware that I have a bit of weight to shift so I'm working on that and will have a proper training plan in place within the week. Saying that; I run quite often and spend time at the gym as it is so I don't believe I'd struggle too much with the bleep test (I hope, I've downloaded the mp3 so I'll find out) My question is basically if I give myself a couple of months to be sure that my fitness is at a more than acceptable level how likely is it that forces such as West Midlands or Staffordshire police may be recruitin…

  8. SimonWilliams

    Hi there. I moved to the United Kingdom from South Africa on the 17th May 2012. I hold a full UK passport and have full permission to reside within the UK as I was born to British parents who moved to South Africa after the minors strike. I have enquired about a few different Police Force's Recruitment Processes and they have all stated that I can apply because I hold the right to reside in the UK indefinitely and so in January this year I applied to Cambridge Police Force. A little bit off topic, but also M.I.5 and M.I.6 confirmed I could apply to them as well. I also enquired about the Royal Marines, Army Air Corps and the RAF and the same applies. I did all of these …

    SimonWilliams
  9. Northwalesgirl
    Started by Northwalesgirl,

    D Does anyone know the shift patterns for north wales police? Is it ok to contact the force you're applying to, to ask what the patterns are? Thanks

    Northwalesgirl
  10. reflex4
    Started by reflex4,

    Which forces are planning to recruit for PC's in the not to distant future or are currently recruiting now????

  11. fiona1989
    Started by fiona1989,

    Thought I would start a thread for those heading to Tulliallan on the 5th August! How is everyones preperation going? Can't believe its less than 2 weeks away until we start!

  12. mancuser
    Started by mancuser,

    Just wondering what's the biggest commute you do for the job ? Thanks !

    operationfirestorm
  13. rob1980
    Started by rob1980,

    HI all, Ive got the final interview soon for cumbria regs. Can anyone give me some pointers for the interview to score well? Any subjects to bring up etc.

  14. The Doctor
    Started by The Doctor,

    I am a probationer who has started on a really quiet SNT. I really liked being a PCSO in a very busy area, so today was really boring for me. I am told by other senior officers that I need to get a good return when I go out on patrol and I have no idea how to do that where I am working. I just feel a bit lost and upset. I was so happy my training and in my last role. Is this a sign that I have made a mistake in becoming a PC? I respect all officers regardless of rank, so any advice will probably add a bit of clarity to all this.

  15. KLH90
    Started by KLH90,

    I have recently applied for the role of Detention Officer for Cambridgeshire Constabulary. I have received an email today stating that I have been shortlisted and have the Assessment Centre on 8th June and that I will be given the schedule early next week. I just wanted to know if anyone has attended an Assessment Centre for Detention Officer before and what is involved? Thank you

    linzi.mccormick88

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.