Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Daimill1728
    Started by Daimill1728 * ,

    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I'm getting no joy with the civil service website and there's not much info online about the recruitment side just a direct link to the civil service website. Does the newly formed NCA only recruit serving police officers or do they also take on former military/private CP personnel particularly for the witness protection side of things? Thanks David.

    Matt C1546620078
  2. Velvet
    Started by Velvet,

    Can someone please let me know how to contact recruitment to amend dob mistakes , i was going to email them but iv only got the generic reply address or would this be the one i contacted? Thanx so much :)

  3. Ctidd88

    Hello there everyone I like many others on these forums am hoping to have a career in the Police Force. I was of the lucky generation to leave University just as the repercussions of the "Credit Crunch" were being felt. Police recruitment was put on hold. With my future career stalled I like many others of my generation decided to go travelling and to live and work in Australia for a year. This would (and did) provide lots of "life experience" that I'd heard was so highly regarded when making an application to join the police force. After two years I've returned with the plan of joining a police force (any). However, I've since looked into the Vetting Procedure and…

  4. pips21
    Started by pips21,

    I'm going to apply to the Met this month, I'm aware of their tattoo policy but not sure if mine could be considered offensive - any opinions welcome! It's a quote around 10cm on arm (not on hand or wrist) "Adversity makes men, prosperity makes monsters" Many thanks in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Sunissa87
    Started by Sunissa87,

    Hey guys and girls, Anyone recently attended the Suffolk assessment centre on here?

  6. Princessmel2u
    Started by Princessmel2u,

    Hey guys, so basically im in the process of doing my CKP course.. had 2 lessons last Saturday and sunday and then this Saturday and sunday coming I have my first two assessments.. Really nervous and everything im studying doesn't seem to be sinking in. Im a full time mum too to my under 1. Ive applied for MET but still havnt got my first day assessment through so overall im nervous wreck because as Im sure you know a £1000 for a course that determines your future is a lot of money to fail. Anyone successfully completed there CKP course and or failed? Any info will really help. Also any on the first and second day assessment.. Thank you

  7. ifonly
    Started by ifonly,

    Has anyone heard anything about external recruitment for merseyside police opening soon? I have heard it may happen soon but was hoping maybe an internal staff member may have information on when this may open. I am aware they have run internal recruitment a couple of times with normal recruitment resuming due to falling officer numbers.

  8. darrins1991
    Started by darrins1991,

    Hi Just looking to see if anyone is starting at college on the 30th September?

  9. fruity74
    Started by fruity74,

    Passed medical today :) waiting on date for fitness !!

  10. The Outlaw
    Started by The Outlaw,

    PSNI have just opened for Experienced Uk & AGS officers to Transfer over/up . Good luck folks ...

  11. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Hello Guys, I wonder if you think the following is likely to throw up problems. I DO NOT mind the odd crack/joke etc as I am sure some of you will have some applicable jokes to add!!! I have a cauliflower ear/messed up ear (only one!) and wondered if the appearance of my scarred ear is likely to be an issue in both recruitment and on the job. I am currently awaiting an invite to an assessment center but wanted to get some feedback. I am really thinking of the general public first whether they will see this as a weakness (possibly) or use my cauliflower ear as a focal point which in turn could escalate situations for both my colleagues and myself. I am a big lad, old en…

    operationfirestorm
  12. Navillus

    I have passed everything thing including fitness test and was due to be on intake for end of October 2013. Then DR who carried out the medical advised that although I was fit and healthy because I had a minor cartilage repair to my left knee (12 months ago) he would need to send me to an expert for an opinion to see if I can join the ill health pension scheme. The DR advised that i The worst case scenario would be that I could still be a police officer as I was fit and healthy but if the experts report was negative I would not qualify for the pension. Can anyone advise about the pension if it goes this way ? The expert examination is being rushed through and is taking p…

  13. GaryP1546621207
    Started by GaryP1546621207,

    OK... I need some help and advice :smiley_help: I have applied and passed the paper sift, assessment centre and second interview for NYP Only to be told that my application has been put into a holding list Speaking to the recruitment department they said it is because they have fill the intake they were recruiting for, they said they will only keep my scores for 12 months but can't guarantee that they will have a course for me within the next 12 months :sad: So now I'm kinda stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea... do I wait and hope that NYP put another course on before the end of my 12 months... or do I transfer my application and hope that the scor…

  14. GotTheBlues
    Started by GotTheBlues,

    Hi When i applied to become a police officer back in March the competencies were: -Community and customer focus -Effective communication -Personal responsibilty -Problem solving -Resilience -Respect for race and diversity -Team working I passed the application stage and now have an assessment centre date but within the 'Police Search information for candidates' document the competencies are: -Serving the public -Openness to change -Service delivery -Professionalism -Decision making -Working with others Has anyone else experienced this change? Ive spent the past months revising the now apparently 'old' competencies and feel i wasted my time. Though i appre…

  15. Jammie
    Started by Jammie,

    PSNI launched a new recruitment campaign today. One of their requirements is that all applicants must have a recognised IT qualification (e.g. ECDL, Essential Skills ICT, CLAiT or higher level qualification in an IT related discipline). Although I'm reasonably well qualified (GCSEs, GNVQ Adv, AS Level, University etc) I don't appear to have any of the above. In my GNVQ Advanced, there were a number of 'core skills' units, one of which was 'Information Technology'. Does anyone know if this would be sufficient to satisfy the PSNI criteria? Or should I start looking to complete an ECDL or CLAiT course? Thanks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.