Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. is_this_your_vehicle_sir
    Started by is_this_your_vehicle_sir,

    Hi all. I am currently a serving Police Officer, I am thinking about transferring to the Met. I don't live to far from Met areas. So travelling is not a problem. I would like to hear from serving Met officers who can tell me a bit about life in the Met. I am looking to progress my career, which is limited in my current force. So I would like to know how officers are treated, and what the prospects are like if you want to progress your career. If you want to add anything else feel free.

  2. ack79
    Started by ack79,

    Anyone currently awaiting a medical date for Leicester regular recruitment?

  3. ham101uk
    Started by ham101uk,

    Hi, I'm looming to transfer to an English force when a suitable one becomes available. Most say they will recruit from any HO force and from my research so far all include Scotland in this. Whilst Cumbria are not current recruiting transferees they offer an email to register interest and I received a reply saying they don't accept Scottish officers. Is this common , does any have any experience of this, do others not recruit Scottish officers. Many thanks. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  4. corey
    Started by corey,

    Hi all!!. I am currently going through the recruitment for the Met. I am just worried about this so called credit check they do on you. How tight is it? Does anybody know? I dont have any CCJ's etc.... Please somebody help.... Thanks in advance!

  5. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Dilema.... Dilema. So you get offered two jobs. 1.) Full time PC 2.) Immigration Enforcement Officer role (ICE) Now what do you think you would do? Is one role better than the other? I am trying to weigh up the pros and cons of each role as they are both roles that I would do/want/be very happy taking. The pay is different on entry for both. Immigration would be more perhaps by about 7K a year. I am not choosing based on the wages alone thou. I am looking at the future possibilities each role might give me, where could each role take me, doors they could open. Job security. I obviously I know a bit about each role but its been playing on my mind a lot. I know many o…

    operationfirestorm
  6. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Immigration Enforcement Officer (ICE) I am not sure where to post this as it seems that there is no forum or area specific to border force? I received an email today that I have been recommended for appointment for the above role. All that is left is some pre employment checks. Does anyone know what these include. I am worried I have a CCJ for a small amount of money, will this prevent me from passing security vetting? or should I call them to discuss it? I have a court date in Jan 2014 to set it aside but am worrying this will prevent them employing me. Any help most appreciated.

    operationfirestorm
  7. Adsy
    Started by Adsy,

    I'm currently working my way through all the pre-enrollment NCALT packages and can't quite get my head around Exemptions & Disclosures. I understand both requests for information (s29(3) DPA and s115 CDA) BUT I can't get my head around when you would use one over another? Answers on a postage stamp appreciated. Regards.

    • 0 replies
    • 784 views
  8. charl23
    Started by charl23,

    Hello, im new to this site but thought id make use of it and see if anyone has a final interview with Lincolnshire Police next month? C

  9. SavannahMackie
    Started by SavannahMackie,

    So I emailed my application to police Scotland yesterday the emailed appeared to not work so today I typed out another application and emailed it again from my other email address because I thought it might have just been hotmail that was down, on my second application my fathers place of birth is different because I had found out today that it was Glasgow and not irvine so I changed it because I thought my first application had not worked also the dates that I moved into previous houses differ slightly because they are just estimates because my mum or dad have no clue of specific dates just the months, have I made a major muck up with sending to applications with differ…

  10. hunnibee

    Hi Guys Just inroducing myself on here... I have been a Special with Wilts Police for 3 years and I have applied for Norfolk Police in August, so as it opened basically !!! I have luckily been given an assessment date after passing through the paper sift (first time that's happened after applying for different forces in the past and after properly doing my app form) I have my AC on Tuesday 29th October in Martlesham... ALREADY!! feels like it's flown by!! Is anyone else on that day?!?! Good luck to all that have applied and has their AC dates coming up soon

  11. Sunissa87
    Started by Sunissa87,

    Hey all, Is there anyone on here that has been successful at final interview and is hoping for the January start date? Would be great to find someone in the same boat as me! Sunissa :)

  12. dov21
    Started by dov21,

    Hi I am waiting on a start date for police Scotland having passed all stages and have received an email asking for employment references. One of which has to be my current employer and the other is my previous employer. I have been with my current employer for nearly 11 years, doing various roles. As I have been there so long I no longer know anyone at my previous job as all the staff I worked with have came and went over the years. Has anyone else had this situation and if so how did you get around it?

  13. dov21
    Started by dov21,

    Hi I am waiting on a start date for police Scotland having passed all stages and have received an email asking for employment references. One of which has to be my current employer and the other is my previous employer. I have been with my current employer for nearly 11 years, doing various roles. As I have been there so long I no longer know anyone at my previous job as all the staff I worked with have came and went over the years. Has anyone else had this situation and if so how did you get around it?

    Gadgets1546621234
  14. dov21
    Started by dov21,

    Hi I am waiting on a start date for police Scotland having passed all stages and have received an email asking for employment references. One of which has to be my current employer and the other is my previous employer. I have been with my current employer for nearly 11 years, doing various roles. As I have been there so long I no longer know anyone at my previous job as all the staff I worked with have came and went over the years. Has anyone else had this situation and if so how did you get around it?

  15. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all I've got a few questions, if anyone could help me that would be great. 1. When you attend Tulliallan, are you paid from day one? 2. Whilst there, do you have to pay for food and board? 3. How are the facilities (rooms, gym, teaching rooms) And also related but slightly off topic, is the Scottish Police Pension any good? Cheers all - appreciated as always.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.