Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Well, in an effort to keep the different groups seperated I thought I would start my own little topic - this is for those who have registered their interest in an application to be sent out in October. Mostly this is for my own curiousity to see how many people are around. :) Also, curious about the CKP requirement - which provider has everyone opted for (On the off chance I may end up seeing some of you down there - I'm a Mackem, so, bit of a travel distance for me!) Also, a week into October now so hopefully the applications will be received and can get the process started. Again.
-
-
- 10 replies
- 1.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
May sound weird but I am interested to know what you would do if you were on solo patrol and you were about to search someone and they resist. Would you arrest them for Obstruction? Call another unit down to assist? I was just wondering as I have not got a clue to be honest. Kind regards, Paulio
-
-
- 21 replies
- 5.4k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi all, i have my biometric vetting,concateno, and full medical next week can anyone advise me on my attire for the day? Many thanks.
-
- 5 replies
- 641 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Had my Day 1 Wednesday. I'm scared that I messed it up! It was completely different to what I had read or been told and because everything i planned for in the role plays was no longer applicable I felt very nervous, I'm worried this showed through because I was trying to not sound nervous I think my voice was a bit quiet. I also struggled to find something to say and didn't manage to finish any of the role plays, the buzzer went about 10 seconds before I was going to complete each one. In my interview I kept looking around when trying to think of something, I spoke for the full amount of time but concerned that because my eyes wondered off every now and then it will co…
-
-
- 5 replies
- 674 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Just interested to know how many people have been chipping away at all this for years and what forces have you applied for in the past? I'll start off with a comprehensive list of forces I have applied to unsuccessfully due to various reasons: age at the time of applying/lack of experience at the time of applying/top slicing etc. West Midlands Police Lincolnshire Police British Transport Police Cambridgeshire Constabulary British Transport Police Staffordshire Police Royal Falkland Island Police Current ongoing application with Metropolitan Police Service.
-
-
- 40 replies
- 2.5k views
- 11 followers
-
-
Good afternoon all I am currently a pcso with Thames valley and thinking of joining the MODPLOD ,however the starting pay is low and there is no shift allowance, my question is does anybody know if there is regular overtime at AWE (I know it is not to be relied on) and can this be worked in your first two years? Also does anyone know the shift patterns? Regards Georgie
-
I'm sure this question has been dealt with at some point, but I was just wondering when I should put in my application. I am 20 years old and am studying maths at University in Glasgow. I'm in my third year of a four year course. It is usually during the beginning of your fourth year that you would apply for a graduate job, I was wondering if this was the same for applying to the Police Force. Thanks. P.S. I am still just considering this as a career option and if anyone has any advice I would appreciate that Cheers.
-
- 4 replies
- 496 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, wonder if anyone can assist? I am soon to be sitting an assessment centre and am seeking some advice over the new 2013 numerical logical reasoning test which now includes the use of a calculator. I am struggling to even understand the example questions listed in my information pack and these new questions seem drastically different to the ones of old! Can anyone recommend a good revision website as updated and current practice books don't seem to exist yet for the new method of numerical assessment?
-
- 20 replies
- 18.8k views
- 9 followers
-
-
Just got looking at the PSNI fitness test and to be honest... I'm not sure if I should be fine or in a panic. (Regardless, I'm getting fit for entrance anyway) The test is the following (You Get 10 Minutes to 5 Minutes Rest Before Each Session) Session One • Run - 5km/3mile Session Two •1 minute of Press Ups (modify if needed) •1 minute of Alternate Leg Lunges •1 minute of Sit Ups/Abdominal Curls •1 minute of Burpees •1 minute of Rest Session Three • Run for 2 minutes as fast as possible and rest for 2 minutes (x2) • Run for 1 minute as fast as possible and rest for 1 minute (x4) • Run for 30 seconds as fast as possible and rest for 30 seconds (x6) Session Four …
-
-
- 9 replies
- 7.8k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi, I am applying for the PSNI during this new recruitment campaign. My biggest concern is passing the three part ICT 1. Understanding and accurately interpreting written material 2. Interpreting and utilising verbal and numerical data 3. Exercising judgement and making decisions in work-based scenarios There seems to be an abundance of material claiming that by buying this or that you can improve your possible score but not all of it can be good. Does anyone have any definite experience of anything that may help to practice sitting these three tests? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks
-
-
- 6 replies
- 4.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
It won't be of any surprise ( particularly those who have been interviewed by West Yorkshire or Dyfed Powys police with their new interview systems) that the police service has taken a keen interest of late in the idea of tapping into potential recruit 'values' as a way of both sifting applications and in the final decision to appoint. They are basically looking for people with the right 'fit' to the values they want in future police officers. If you want first sight of how the basic sifts may look, here is a link. All I ask is that you complete the 30 tick box items seriously so we have some initial data. It is anonymous! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WC6P22X Some…
-
- 4 replies
- 561 views
- 2 followers
-
-
For the first section of this form, what type of licence are you requesting? Thanks
-
Hi All, Has anyone else other then me failed their papersift and requested an appeal? I know of one other person other than me who requested an appeal after failing their paparsift. I am unaware of anyone else. If you have made an appeal, have you yet received a response? Was it positive or negative? Just out of curiousity, how many people failed their papersift and requested an appeal? What was the reason for failing your papersift? I sent my appeal 3 weeks ago and should receive my results any day now.
-
-
- 51 replies
- 1.6k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi I thought I'd set up a new thread away from the general recruitment that was set up for MET intake as I think it's diverted away from its original purpose. I'm in earls court on the 01/11 and am slightly nervous but have reviewed black rats advice that is pinned which is a great help. Let's use this thread to discuss day 1 only.
-
-
- 56 replies
- 6.1k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Hello, I am currently a serving prison officer of nearly 4 years and although many people have advised against it I still would like to join the police, either GMP or West Mids. My main question is wether anyone could give me some idea as to if forces will ever open to external applicants again or if all recruitment for police officers will be offered to PCSO's / Specials etc? Regards
-
- 2 replies
- 676 views
- 2 followers
-