Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    So there is not much i can say about role plays.... is there? well how about this... I have my AC coming up in a matter of days now, been preparing like crazy on everything from maths, report writing, interview answers and then I decided to tackle the role plays head on. Now I have some advice... YOU MUST PRACTICE!!! You must find someone who is not going to laugh! and is going to be serious and get some sample role playing tests and work through them blind! what i mean is if you have say 4 sample role plays, practice on the first one and make your mistakes and keep doing that first one until you are happy you are doing it correctly. Then attack the other 3 blind, like…

  2. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    Got this on Wednesday. Anyone else same day?

  3. jonavery181546621106
    Started by jonavery181546621106,

    Hi all, Looking for any advice really. Had my medical and fitness yesterday all went fine until I was referred to the doctor (who's currently on leave) for an ACL (knee ligament) reconstruction that I had in 2007. I had a twisting injury to it in 2012 that turned out to be unrelated. They gave me a precautionary MRI that said the ACL was fine but there was possible slight menicus damage but shouldn't cause a problem in the future. The nurse said the doctor would have to clear because of entering the police pension??? I currently fit and healthy playing football and running at least 3 times a week. I am really looking for some reassurance because I am panicking slightl…

  4. frosty123
    Started by frosty123,

    Hi again, Sorry to ask another question but can anyone tell me what to can expect from the 7 week initial training, 2 week placement and 15 weeks with the PDU once employment starts? Is the initial training based at the force HQ? Is it 9-5? Are the placements and PDU's shifts? etc etc. Many thanks again,

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 2.2k views
  5. TheBatman101
    Started by TheBatman101,

    Hey guys, has anyone had any experience with this kind of issue? I have passed the final interview for regs and was told I'd be good to go for the end of October so long as no issues cropped up. I sent back my medical questionnaire which I then received back requesting more information. To cut a long story short about 18 months ago I was feeling pretty low as I had a major fallout with a childhood friend. I had always experienced quite low moods since my early 20's (I'm now 28) and never knew why so I went to the doctor's who told me I may be suffering from depression. He gave me some very mild anti-depressants and referred me for a few sessions of C.B.T. I completed…

  6. ufcundisputed
    Started by ufcundisputed,

    Hi all So I passed my SEARCH assessment centre, however failed the final interview. Am I able to use my assessment centre results for another force? What is the process around doing this? Many thanks

  7. RKW
    Started by RKW,

    Hey guys, I'm hoping to apply to the Scottish police force in the near future (I believe they started accepting new applications as of the 2nd Sept) but my past few years may be looked on as unproductive to interviewers and I wanted to get an idea from you guys just how important this is. Basically I started a criminal justice course in 2009 (This was back when a degree could fast track you), was persuaded by family members not to pursue a police career and ended up dropping the subject and working for a year (Just bar work). After that I went back to Uni; a Computing degree with some contract work in between, which I got through for the first couple of years, but ul…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    OK so I have my assessment coming up and only have a couple of weeks to prepare. I have identified 2 areas that I need to practice and prepare for above other aspects of the day. Can anyone point me to some good resources, videos, books, guides etc with examples so I can get ready for role play excercises. I found a couple of videos on youtube, great but not much else. I have ordered a book 'Definitive Passing Police Recruitment Process' as recommended but thats it currently I am not asking anyone to divulge information they should not just asking for a little guidance or point me to a study resource. Thanks. Good luck anyone else who has assessments coming up!

    operationfirestorm
  9. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    So i have my AC in 'Gulp*! ' five days! I have studied GCSE Maths from the ground up, studied competencies (yes! the new ones), I have practiced role plays, been online and completed mock psychometric tests and prepared well for the interview. However now..... I need to practice the report writing. Report writing is similar to the role playing only instead of interacting with a role actor, you have to write your report on paper by hand What i have noticed is that my hand becomes numb when i rush to write say half an A4 page, i need to rest my hand! well I have been using a computer keyboard for 20 years and the only hand writing i have done is birthday cards! So may…

    operationfirestorm
  10. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Wow so the envelope came today.... and I saw the postcode on the reverse of the envelope and nearly passed out. I actually opened it from the back and saw the documents about what happense next and realised I had passed before actually reading the letter. Yipeeeeee! What a great feeling. I am so grateful to all my friends who helped me prepare. They know who they are. I am very grateful for everyone on here who has guided me, aided me, advised me on how to prepare. I really appreciate you. Thank you ALL! I wish you all the best of luck on your results and journeys through the recruitment process. Now what score did I get... I think I am allowed to say that. Over…

    operationfirestorm
  11. baskers
    Started by baskers,

    Have a goosey what's just appeared on Facebook!! https://m.facebook.com/ministryofdefencepolice?ref=stream&__user=741180005

  12. Dave32
    Started by Dave32,

    Sorry if this is a stupid question. I've got my medical on Thursday and was just wondering if I need to go suited and booted again or are jeans and t-shirts Ok?

  13. Bond14
    Started by Bond14,

    Evening all I'm currently in the recruitment pool for Police Scotland and I've been told there could be up to a year's wait. I don't mind the wait at all however my current employment is on a temporary contract which is due to finish in the very near future and I've been weighing up my options to fill the gap. Would it be wise to join the TA in the interim? Would joining the TA affect my police application? Note I'm also currently a serving Special. Thanks for any and all assistance.

  14. marquis
    Started by marquis,

    I have always thought I would make a decent PC, I am 47 yo now and am looking at a career change, I am currently an electrician and pretty much have been all my working life. The Mets website says 57 is the cut off age, but I was talking with a retired instructor from Hendon and he said the oldest recruit he could remember was 42. I am split now as to wether to fork out the £1k for the ckp course and take my chances or not, I could still offer 18 years service or 23 if the age of retirement increases, which I'm pretty sure it will. Could someone with some knowledge of the Mets selection process comment please. Cheers M

    operationfirestorm
  15. Katie p
    Started by Katie p * ,

    Hey! I've got an assessment centre for central scotland on the 9th of August. I  was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice or tips as there seems to be no word of an information pack being sent my way. Mainly regarding the fitness test. Does anyone the level expected on the bleep test for a female? And also is there any other fitness related tests? I.e push and pull exercises? Any help would be appreciated :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.