Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tobyf46
    Started by tobyf46,

    Just over two months ago I applied to my local force for the role of Special Constable. I passed all the application stages and had just chosen my training start date. I then unfortunately received a phone call from recruitment stating that my vetting failed and I can't apply to that particular force for the next 5 years! After many letters, a formal review of the decision and constant emails I am left with no answer to why my vetting failed. I understand the rules and regulations behind vetting and also respect the fact they can't always explain the reasons why. My only guess is that my younger brother has had a few run-in's with the law but never gone to prison over any…

  2. TayTaySwifty
    Started by TayTaySwifty,

    Hi all, I need to get something clear- I have regrettably been giving two section 59 warnings from the police reform act back in January and then again a couple of months ago. The officer however didn't seize my car as he knew I was gutted about getting them... SO, when I am applying for a force, does a section 59 count as a caution? Cheers!

  3. Scottyb
    Started by Scottyb,

    HI there, I'm based in Scotland and as part of the recruitment process I have been asked to get the medical forms signed by my GP. I've just been advised this will cost me £109.00 and wondered if any other candidates have experienced a similar astronomical charge or is it just my GP? Good job I was sitting down when they called me back to tell me! Thanks

  4. londoncity
    Started by londoncity,

    Hey guys! Need some help as I'm a little conused...Heard from a friend that if you obtain the Certificate in Knowledge of Policing before Febuary you have the chance of becoming a police officer. But how does this all work? Attend the course first which costs around £900? then apply online from then on? Much appretiate if someone could expalin this. Many Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 887 views
  5. TheWiltshireLad
    Started by TheWiltshireLad * ,

    Hi All I'm a Police Science (BSc) student studying at the university of South Wales. I am entering my 3rd year and am doing my dissertation. I am doing my dissertation on the recruitment of Chief Officers through the Police National Assessment Centre and the Strategic Command Course. I am trying to get information on the views and opinions of ACPO level officers on the process and what they think of it and look at how it could be improved. I'm trying to organise interviews with Chief Officers local to me (South Wales) and have created a questionnaire for officers I cannot travel to. I understand that this is a very ambitious task but I am very interested in the high ec…

    TheWiltshireLad *
  6. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    Anyone else on the same boat? Had my final interview in May. When should my medical be?

    hightower1546620715
  7. twohopes2012
    Started by twohopes2012,

    PSNI For those of us who have been let down by Police Oracle Forum .... Anyone out there who is at the closing stages of transfer from mainland forces to the PSNI I'm still waiting for vetting to be completed!! If anyone hears anything shout up! You know who you are!!

  8. NottsBen
    Started by NottsBen,

    Hi all, Just passed my force interview with Nottinghamshire Police, and will be invited to fitness test/medical in the next few weeks. I have also had a recent sight test with my optician and found that my unaided vision (where I need to achieve 6/36) is extremely dodgy (I can see the charts 2nd line at a big squint!). In anyone's experience, how lenient are the assessors of this, and if you miss out by a small amount, would they give you time to get your eyesight sorted (e.g. lasered?) and defer your application and allow a retest at a later date?? Any advise/knowledge on this would be appreciated! Many Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. iamtasha
    Started by iamtasha,

    I have my final interview for a job as Communications Officer tomorrow and want to have some qustions to ask the panel to stand out and show my interest. Not sure what to ask though. I know I want to ask what the most difficult part of policing the Thames Valley area is but am at a loss apart from that. Any ideas would be appreciated!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  10. jag157
    Started by jag157 * ,

    Hey i was just wondering does anyone know how long it takes for kent police to get back to you for the job role of communications officer, i applied about 2-3 months ago and my application just says in process for a very long time thanks

  11. Ryan3012
    Started by Ryan3012 * ,

    Hello all, I'm new to this forum! Basically I want to become a police officer (no shock there) I live in Edinburgh and will be applying to Police Scotland when they open up recruitment. How ever I was on the MPS careers website, I see that you now need to have a Certificate in Knowledge of Policing in order to join them, as well as pass the rest of the selection. Will this be the case for the rest of the forces across the country, more specifically - Police Scotland? I had a quick search and seen that there was no training courses in Scotland...

  12. Dizzydee
    Started by Dizzydee,

    The British Transport Police have a number of Response PC opportunities for experienced officers, as follows: Wales and Western Area X3 Coventry X1 Gloucester X1 Wolverhampton North West Area X1 Lancaster X1 Carlisle London North Area X2 Southend X1 Reading X1 Colchester X1 Peterborough The main purpose of this role is to patrol as directed, providing high visibility policing within a given area; respond appropriately to emergency and non-urgent calls for assistance; investigate circumstances; call for and co-ordinate specialist assistance when this is required; and resolve incidents as appropriate. This role is ONLY open to officers currently serving as Pol…

    • 0 replies
    • 963 views
  13. batman17
    Started by batman17,

    I currently have an application going through with the Police and was wondering about the family vetting checks. My father has a coloured history with the Police, he used to get into quite a bit of trouble. I am unsure of what as it's never been a topic for discussion and I was very young. He split up with my mom when I was a baby and I don't see him regularly although we do have a good relationship. He also lived in Spain for 11 years. Is his criminal record history going to get me rejected from the application process? Thanks :)

    operationfirestorm
  14. tidge58
    Started by tidge58,

    As above who's going and what legacy force area Tidge

  15. Bob12
    Started by Bob12,

    I've always wanted to work in the community and just recently went for a Pcso and failed final interview on 1 question. I applied to be a radio operator with the same force and passed and am currently going into my 2nd week of training. Even though I'm thrilled to have the job it just confirms that I want to work outdoors. I passed my police officer assessment Center 4 months ago with 62% and have worked as a special nearly 4 years. What I would like advice/info on is do you think It would be possible to ask to transfer to be a Pcso? New recruits are set to start end of september and are going threw vetting currently. Any opinions appreciated.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.