Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Stevolution
    Started by Stevolution,

    Has anyone gone through the process recently? Was told 100's have applied but only a few are being selected through the process.

  2. mancuser
    Started by mancuser,

    Anybody up for sharing transport if they're going next Month ? See what we can do for each other

  3. donza3636
    Started by donza3636,

    Hello, I had my Assessment Day 2 today and on the invitation letter there was written that this day consisted of: MSC Medical / Fitness Test / Substance Misuse Test / Fingerprints The letter also mentioned the tests would take approximately 5 hours. I was in the group of 9.00 am. Now here comes my doubt: After going through the medical test, the fingerprints and the documentation checks, the recruitment lady calls my name and asks me if I wanted to do the fitness test with the previous group, the group of 8.00 am. She gave me an explanation of why this was, and I know it sounds silly, but she was whispering and in a rush (as someone was waiting to talk to her) and I…

  4. autopilot

    Hi, I have my AC soon. The competencies have obviously changed since I last applied (now 6 key skills). I have had info sent by my force to me to help prepare, but it is not as detailed as the old list of competencies, which was broken down into lists of positive and negative indicators. The new list of competencies/skill just have a few positive indicators under them. I dont think its as clear now, the new competencies seem to overlap each other and they are a little ambiguous in places. Is there anything anywhere more comprehensive that would help me? Thanks.

  5. whyalwaysme1546620974
    Started by whyalwaysme1546620974,

    After a non stop first four days out with a tutor after basic training I'm going on to my first night shift tonight, any tips on staying awake, preparing sleep pattens? My tutor reckons he just has a nap before the shift starts but I seem to have struggled with this! red bull? pro plus? ahhhh

    whyalwaysme1546620974
  6. Ross5276
    Started by Ross5276,

    Hey guys, I put my app in May 2012, I am supposed to start in September but not confirmed. Does anyone have any news or heard anything regarding course dates or what's happening ???????

  7. A.Grahamslaw
    Started by A.Grahamslaw,

    Hello all, I got my AC results today, I got 62% and was top sliced out. I am intregued how everyone else did and wonder how close I got to getting through so would love to hear what kind of marks people were getting that got through!

  8. Phillips24
    Started by Phillips24,

    Hi all, Fairly new in here! Just wondered if anyone knew whether you get placed on response or NPU, once conpleting your 18 weeks training in the classroom? The force I will be joining is Notts. More untreated than anything, truth be told I am just delighted to have got in, so where ever I am placed will be great. Thanks.

    znra2511546080955
  9. william89
    Started by william89,

    Hi everyone I've recently applied for a Comms Officer position with the Met (I've had my interview and have a medical on Monday), and was wondering if someone could confirm the exact location of the Bow CCC. If offered a position I'll obviously need to choose one of Lambeth, Hendon or Bow, and am leaning towards Bow, as I would look to travel in from Romford/Brentwood/Shenfield area (I live in Colchester at the moment). I could do with knowing the exact location of the centre though as this might affect my final decision, i.e. if it's near Mile End it shouldn't be a problem, however if it's more towards Blackwall Tunnel getting in from Essex might be harder. Thanks in a…

    YE_escapee1546621007
  10. The Doctor
    Started by The Doctor,

    Hello everyone. How do you know when an offence becomes indictable? Someone said to me that if a sentence for am offence is more than 6 months, then it is. Any help would be very much appreciated. Kind regards, Paul.

  11. Chazzabear
    Started by Chazzabear * ,

    I have applied for a DC transfer to surrey police and have been short listed for an interview. I have not had a board/interview in years and am slightly bricking it!!! Can anyone give me some advice on the interview...is it based on your experiences in the current force you serve, or is it like the initial recruitment day envy one had when they first applied for the police. Also is it based on the competency related framework?? Advice from Anyone who is currently going through the process, would be mucho appreciated.

  12. Ryanbev1992
    Started by Ryanbev1992,

    Good evening all, not sure if I'm posting in the right place or part of the forum. Anyway I'm currently revising my maths before I put in my application for Police Scotland. Can anyone in the Edinburgh or West Lothian area recommend a good maths tutor that has some past papers for the numbers exam? Thanks guys!

  13. The Doctor

    how do you process someone and under what circumstances would you? I have not been given any lesson on this in the Met and I feel a bit uncomfortable not knowing how. Kind regards, Paul.

  14. Kewstu
    Started by Kewstu,

    Hi Anyone else on the FCR assessments next week. What can one expect from this assessment day, I take it will be made up of role plays but what is the structure of the day. Mine is at 1:30 next Friday (21st) at Newby Wiske. Any insight would be appreiciated. Stu

    • 0 replies
    • 407 views
  15. pacmanjo
    Started by pacmanjo,

    Anyone transferring into Warwickshire on this intake?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.