Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. potentialrecruit2012
    Started by potentialrecruit2012,

    Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone managed to get through to Derbyshire last week and get allocated an application pack? I'm on the session at Ripley HQ on the 26th May. Would be nice to speak to people who are going through the recruitment process :) Thanks!

  2. adamuk
    Started by adamuk,

    Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Adam and I'm from Northern England. I'm 18 and currently at university. This is only the second forum I've joined so not entirely sure I'm posting in the right place etc. Anyway, what I was wondering was firstly, a lot of police forces (well all in my area) say on their website they aren't recruiting at the moment. However, if I was to contact them and put forward a strong application, would I have a chance - are they just not on recruitment drives, or not recruiting at all? Secondly, when do you think recruitment will begin again? I'd be looking to apply in about 2 years time, however I'm not entirely sure how long it'l…

  3. jdholt1976
    Started by jdholt1976,

    http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/pc

    • 0 replies
    • 393 views
  4. Aw92331546620630
    Started by Aw92331546620630,

    Apologies if this has been covered but I am after some information on how easy people have found it to transfer from the military into the police. Currently serving with the army and considering long-term options. Are there any rumblings about recruitment from the military in the reforms. Not expecting any special treatment but we're unable to volunteer as a special and it's always worth asking. Cheers, Andy

  5. AndrewB
    Started by AndrewB,

    Hello all, Im due to start Street Duties very soon. What can i expect to be doing on borough during this time? Think I have some idea already but interested to hear other peoples experiences etc. Also, any tips for getting through it? Bit of going into the unknown. Cheers, Andy

    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Ken1546620057
  6. MSZ
    Started by MSZ,

    Hello people. Does anyone know where I can find the Norfolk police Performance Priorities. I need them for a presentation but I can find them anywhere?

  7. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all I've got my fitness test and senior officer interview in a few weeks. I'm guessing that it will be the 1.5 mile run as opposed to the bleep test and I've been training hard for that. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for the actual senior officer interview. Cheers all.

  8. JOLLYxPCSO786
    Started by JOLLYxPCSO786,

    Hi all I know there isn't an exact time limit for the vetting process but it would be nice to know what others have experianced. First of all I have been succesful in passing the interview,medical and fitness test and I am going through the vetting procedure I do have knowledge that the job is suppose to start in 17th JUNE. I do have confidence in getting through as I currently work within the prison service which also involves detailed vetting process which I had 6 years ago. So far the HR had told me that they haven't received a referance from my employer but I know my employer sent it off because I was instructed to post it on his behalf. They then requested an em…

    JOLLYxPCSO786
  9. reflex4
    Started by reflex4,

    Anyone awaiting A/C results for Cnc? I was on 1st of march's a/c course. Getting close to results time.

  10. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Hi guys, Recently made the shortlist for the Regs internal recruitment drive and am due for an A/C in May/June. I was wondering what practical steos to take with regards to preparing? Obviously I'm sure it will be 1000x harder than the Specials assessment day and so wondered if anyone had any up to date links etc that may help me know what to expect. Also, has anyone attended a talkingblues event beforehand? They run mock assessment days, I'm considering it beforehand but £145 seems pricey!

  11. Conway
    Started by Conway,

    I'm making this topic because I understand that to become an applicant worth anything to even get a chance at a police officers position,life experience is a must and something I'm sure many people lack in terms of the skills these experiences can provide in being valuable for said position. So when I really talk about "life experience" ultimately I am talking about volunteer work/previous careers. So from the forum users that use this board actively. I'm essentially asking, what do you think/know would be valuable experience that is accessible to the public in terms of volunteer work and careers that would aid greatly in gaining a position? (Minus PSCO or Special Cons…

  12. Hoodles

    Good afternoon, I have a general question regarding transferring applications. Once you have passed the search assessment centre if you were to transfer your application to another force would you be expected to complete the papersift again? Or could you carry on at the medical / vetting stage? I know this is probably force specific but any info would be greatly received. Hoodles

  13. Guybrush
    Started by Guybrush,

    Good morning, Yesterday I found out that I'd failed my A/C for Thames Valley Police by a paltry 3%. I am going to re-apply in six months so I'm going to use this time to improve. My individual marks were not awful but there are two areas that need addressing. My feedback was: Overall: 47% Working with Others: 52% Oral Communication: 100% Written Communication: 78% Automatic fail (D grade in Working with Others): No If I had failed by a clear mile then I'd be questioning myself as to whether this is the job for me. However failing by such a small amount makes me even more determined to succeed next time. I got the most Ds for Professionalism and Service Deliver…

  14. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Hi, first of all I apologise if this thread has been made before, or it is addressed somewhere else, or if it is in the wrong place. I'm hoping that I will be able to become a police officer some time in the future: I'll be taking the AS Exams this May, but after my A Levels I'm not sure about Uni and what kind of course to take. I'm unfortunately stuck between two schools of thoughts and am finding it hard to make any decisions as it seems that as soon as I commit more to one option, another looks appealing. Relatively recently I emailed my local police force to inquire about Higher education, the below I sent providing everything major I gave to the 'hr service desk'…

  15. Meditate
    Started by Meditate,

    Remains a popular career choice but due to the economy even a retail career appears as highly competitive! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2301065/1-400-desperate-job-seekers-apply-just-14-police-officer-roles-latest-example-Britains-precarious-employment-situation.html http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2300500/UK-2013-4-000-queue-hope-getting-job-new-shopping-centre.html Just proves the point there are a lot of people who want work but cannot get it at the moment.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.