Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mcfadyencr
    Started by mcfadyencr,

    Hi everybody! Just been accepted to Grampian Police and will be starting Tulliallan in Janrary 2013. Thought i would start a wee topic to see if anybody else was is on that intake, and basically any queries or questions about going! At Tulliallan is there bedding provided or do we have to take our own? ie. duvet? Anybody got some useful tips or advice such as other things to bring that aren't listed on the sheet provided? Cheers! :)

  2. CMT_22
    Started by CMT_22 * ,

    Hi all, Out of interest how many times can you apply? For example if you failed two SET's with one force can you apply for a different one years later?

  3. presidentbush
    Started by presidentbush,

    Hi Guys, About 3 years ago i passed all the stages and assessments and even had my uniform measured and was then waiting for a start date, but due to the budget cuts i never heard back, not even a letter. Out of the blue I had a phone call a few days ago to see if i was interested in going for an interview and fitness test as D&C may be recruiting again in the spring. Anyone else had the same call?? I've been told all the 30 year officers have to retire, so they can take on new recruits and pay them much less (about £20k per year) Not sure what the uptake will be with such a poor starting salary and 14% pension contribution! Cheers President Bush

  4. reflex4
    Started by reflex4,

    Thoughts people. Extra powers for PCSO's? Policing on the cheap? Put beat mangers back in teams and allow PCSO's to run the beats? Thoughts please!!!!!

  5. reflex4
    Started by reflex4,

    Anyone else have a assessment centre in March?

  6. George11

    Just a quick one... A while back (late summer 2012), I was the back-seat passenger in a friends car, we were innocently driving around, as all of us had recently passed our driving tests and the novelty of driving had yet to be worn off. We must have been out on this 'cruise' (a weekly occurrence); however, this time til around 4am (yes it's odd, but simply we had nothing better to do). A police van clocks us and pulls us over, the two officers come over and state there have been robberies in the area and they have seen the vehicle we were all in a few times. One officer proceeded to say he will search us and the vehicle, not before they check all our ID, so we comply an…

  7. Dclark1134

    Hi all, I'm a Lincolnshire officer hopefully transferring home to Essex. I have my interview Tuesday which I found out almost immediately if I pass as then have written assessment in afternoon. I've only been back at work 3months after nearly 2years off or restricted due to having babies (7years service in total) and feel very out of practice. Although I'm finding my feet again practically (I do response work) its policy etc that is terrifying me for interview! I only found out about it 48hours ago and have been cramming on the national decision making model and working out what complete cries required etc but just wondered if anyone else has any pointers? Thanks. ^^^ …

  8. Hopeful88
    Started by Hopeful88,

    Hi Everyone, I'm a hopeful who has not long recieved my 'you passed the initial interview and are now being vetted' letter from Strathclyde. I have just joined the site looking for some advice on the length of time vetting should take (I know it varies) but as a person who likes a bit of structure the waiting is painful : ) I have read on here that a few people have called the switchboard for an update and found that they have references causing delays. I am particulaly concerned about this as the company I worked for for four years around three years ago has gone completely bust and despite contacting their old parent company and ringing any phone numbers I could find…

  9. sleemark2938
    Started by sleemark2938,

    So after Theresa May has announced a £4000 pay reduction for police officers to £19,000 does anyone know when this will be implemented? Regards, Mark

  10. Ardwyn1a
    Started by Ardwyn1a,

    I have passed the application and waiting to attend the assessment centre but im really worried if im successful how will the job affect my family life as i have 2 kids under 10. Opinions would be greatly appreciated

  11. Marky88NI
    Started by Marky88NI,

    Hi, My partner is an assistant manager of a pub which is part of a large chain. She has a personal licence as part of this job. I have just read on this site that if you or your partner is a licencee or publican then it will make it very difficult to join the police. I am in the process of applying for a Scottish force can anyone shed any light on this? Can't believe my partner being a pub manager would stop me from being a police officer? Thanks for any replies

  12. Wintermute1546620094

    Hey, Im 21, Ive been interested in joining the Police for a decade. Just as I was gearing up to apply at 18, the budget cuts happened and I was pretty demoralised by the lack of recruitment. Now Ive decided I dont mind waiting. If I continue to work and do special constabulary in my spare time for a year or two, would they consider me for full time? Im just worried about my qualifications. I have pretty good GCSE's (2A's 6B's and 2C's) but at A Level I only have a C and an E. I know there are minimal formal educational requirements for the Police, but surely in practice it's a lot higher due to competition? I also need to loose weight, put some on since leaving colleg…

  13. Glassy
    Started by Glassy,

    I am police staff, I, 43 yrs old, ex RAF, Ex BBC project manager, and ex owner of my own business. I recently applied for Officer, and didnt get through the paper sift. I understand that competition is fierce, and there are many applicants. However, some of the people that have got through the paper sift have the following qualities; - are nearly half my age. - have only recently left home and found doing the weekly shopping a challenge. - did not know who the foreign secretary was, even though he resides in our own force area. - consider that being a Police Officer means 'that you get to boss people about'. Now, not getting through I can handle. I just thought that…

  14. sheebysheebster1546620005
    Started by sheebysheebster1546620005,

    Hiya I'm interested to know if anyone the applied for Strathclyde (closing date 21st Sep) has started the application process and if so how far through the process are you? I'd also like to hear from anyone that's still waiting on their application going through the paper sift. Ta very much

  15. m.rooke1987
    Started by m.rooke1987,

    I received a phone call from my H.R department today stating that they are soon going to contact my current employer for a reference... So I'm left with the predicament of weather or not to hand my notice in before hand? I do not want it to look bad upon myself if I randomly let the H.R call my employer and ask for my reference with them having no prior knowledge of me leaving in the near future.. But also I am in two minds weather to hand in my notice in case there is some future problem? So what are your thoughts?Maybe you have been in this situation yourself? If so I would really appreciate your help! Thank you,

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.