Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Squadbob
    Started by Squadbob * ,

    Hello folks, first post on here but been having a look around for a couple of weeks. I have an application in with Grampian at the moment (sent off end of Dec) and still waiting to hear back on whether or not I have passed the 'sift'. That in itself is not really a concern for me at the moment as I realise the periods of time that can be involved whilst applying for the Police. Right, enough preamble, my question is this: Does anybody know what the process is going to be for those that have applied for Grampian, and as is most likely going to be the case in my instance, not have completed the selection process prior to the force amalgamation on 1 April 13? As far as…

  2. autopilot
    Started by autopilot +,

    Hi I have my AC in May and I wanted a book to help me with the role plays etc. I realise there are many on Amazon, but I know he AC and competences have changed a little. Is there an up-to-date book that anyone can recommend? Thanks :)

  3. brookesta
    Started by brookesta,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone has started the ckp yet, my first day is sat ive been doing the induction packs which seems a lot and to try and do this whilst working full time as a PCSO is proving hard at the lease. Just wondered how everyone else is finding it? If a topic has already been started let me know as I cant find one. If you could send the link I would appreciate it. Thanks

  4. lewis_owls
    Started by lewis_owls,

    Hi, advice please... I found out that I passed the assessment centre with Derbyshire Police on 31/10/12 (a/c was held on 4/10/12) with a score of 55%, however it wasn't high enough to make it into the top 80 or the reserve list and got told my application had been terminated and to try to transfer it. My question is...as no one is taking transferred scores (or it is not high enough to transfer), does the 6 month rule still apply if a different force was to recruit in the near future (within 6 months of oct/nov)? And does it apply to the app form or to when I would be sitting a new assessment centre? Any help would be great as I don't want to miss out on any opportunity…

  5. Fiji888

    So British Transport Police are recruiting again. I've spent a full 8 hours or so today putting together and submitting my application (which is thankfully electronic). Has anyone else decided to put their name in the hat this time? Hopefully it won't be a replay of 2011's summer recruitment process which to say the least...the odds weren't good!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
  6. scotgrl
    Started by scotgrl,

    Hello there! I have my final interview for Strathclyde Police soon, in the final few days before it becomes Police Scotland with the other Scottish forces. I was wondering if you have any advice for me for the final interview. My first interview was around 70 minutes long, so I'm not sure what else I could be asked. I was asked questions such as, why I want to join, when I've been with someone who's used a derogatory term, where I want to be in 5 years...etc...usual questions I had prepared for. Any help much appreciated! Ta

    • 0 replies
    • 2.2k views
  7. smartie92
    Started by smartie92,

    Hi there! I have my final interview and presentation next week for Cambridgeshire police so naturally i am nervous! Just wondering is there anyone that is able to give me a few tips and pointers for it as I'm trying to prepare as much as possible but struggling on where to start?? Any help would be much appreciated :) Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
  8. mkr83
    Started by mkr83,

    Hi folks, I know there are quite a few Tulliallan related threads but as d-day approaches I'm beginning to feel like I'm missing something. The pack from Fife Constabulary isn't exactly overflowing with information. I guess the point is to make you work for it..... Anyway I'm just looking for some hints and tips, or particular things I should be doing or bringing... I've got a few things organised..... Plenty white t shirts and black shorts. Shoes and boots (bulled) Notepads, pens, highlighters etc. 2 pairs of trainers. I feel like I should be doing something. Studying definitions etc... I've seen The Scottish Beat Officer's Companion mentioned but ca…

  9. magnolia9797
    Started by magnolia9797 * ,

    Another newbie Im afraid, probably with far too many questions. The current climate has scuppered many chances of alot of people joining the force, although recruitment must and will continue in some fashion. I wish I had applied years ago, when much younger, I have many members of the family either retired or still working. But I didn't so moving on ...... When it is mentioned in the recruitment process about any previous Police involvement, would a person have to admit if they had had involvement, but from the point of view of assistance. Difficult to explain properly, but if I were to say unfortunately I had Non molestation and Occupation orders in place against…

  10. RLM85
    Started by RLM85,

    Anyone due to attend DPP assessment day this month?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. stuartp2387
    Started by stuartp2387 * ,

    Hi all, Just wondeirng if anyone has any nifo as to when the recruitment campaign will open for the sussex polie? Any info much appreciated. Thanks

    stuartp2387 *
  12. Dominic Long
    Started by Dominic Long,

    Hi again everyone. Had an interview today with Essex Police after transferring my scores from Suffolk. I am not sure how it went to be honest. Does anyone know roughly what score/percentage you need to achieve at this interview? 6 questions were asked. Scored 1-5. Thanks!!

  13. George11

    I'm 18 and from England, I am following my dream and applied to Strathclyde (I appreciate this will cease to exist as of 1/4/2013) in late September of last year (with the desire to start an exciting career), I'm to go up to East Kilbride for a second time in early February to do my initial fitness (due to individual circumstances I've done the SET - of which was passed - and fitness on separate dates). As a lot of you may know the situation for policing in England and Wales is pretty dire, especially now these Winsor reforms have come into effect! My question is purely hypothetical, as an 18 year old who lives in England, will this reflect badly on me in the latter stag…

  14. WA Policeman
    Started by WA Policeman * ,

    Hello, I was hoping for someone to give me some information about my issue. I am currently a serving Police Officer in the Western Australia Police. My wife and I will be moving back to the UK in January 2014. I am an Australian citizen (and will have unrestricted rights in the UK) and my wife is British. I am hoping to join the British Police when we return. I have done some research and understand that I will have to go through the recruitment process from the beginning. I can clearly see after many Google sessions that the British Police aren't screaming out for applicants as the Australian Police are, hence why I can't seem to find any information about Aussie Poli…

  15. scrobbie8
    Started by scrobbie8 * ,

    Hi there, Was just wondering who else is going to Tulliallan on the 1st. I am starting with Grampian on the 27th this month and believe there to be 11 of us in total starting. Would like to hear from anyone with any advice or from anyone that is also starting on these dates. Cheers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.