Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Conway
    Started by Conway,

    With how things are going in the UK for policing and reqruitment, I've decided that I'd be rational and not put all my eggs in one basket. So I understand that in this forum, there are a few that have worked in Canada as officer so if anyone with any information for me has advice about looking into a career in Canadian Law Enforcement. Post here. I've provide a few basic details of myself to aid in providing a better responce to suit me. 1. I'm a British Citizen 2. No criminal record and all government vetting clean 3. No university based education, only high based education which I currently have enough to apply to Uni 4. I do have asthma, though only mild and not e…

  2. blackout17
    Started by blackout17,

    Can anyone shed any light on this, slightly confused!

  3. Guest Dan!Dan!Dan!
    Started by Guest Dan!Dan!Dan!,

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/police-chief-urges-better-diversity-in-forces-8469113.html Police chief urges better diversity in forcesPolice forces should be made to positively discriminate in order to recruit more black and ethnic minority officers, a chief constable has said. Sir Peter Fahy, Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police, said there was a growing diversity problem within the police service and that he was "embarrassed" at the lack of progress to address it. The lead spokesman on workforce development for the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) believes it should be a legal requirement to create a more diverse service, including mo…

  4. brookesta
    Started by brookesta,

    Hi was just wondering how many applicants have heard back yet? I'm getting impatient :-)

  5. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, I have heard a rumour that in March 2012 Essex Police will be recruiting Police Constables. Does anyone know any other forces who may or will recruit new Police Constables in 2012?

  6. kageybaby
    Started by kageybaby * ,

    I have just passed my interview stage and fitness test to join the specials. I have done my 10 pre-employment modules and have been invited to an induction day this Saturday. I got sent an email with next of kin forms and such. I also got a Vetting form. I have filled the vetting form in and got a co-worker an ex copper to look over it. On the vetting form i stated I have a caution for common assault 7 years ago. He told me I have no chance of getting in; Surly this can’t be true I have got so far. I also stated this on my application. He told me they never really look at the application form the just try and get as many people in as possible. I have not had any othe…

  7. NiallD90
    Started by NiallD90,

    Good evening, I have just signed up and spent a small while reading the majority of this website and now its time for me to ask some questions. I spent a lot of my teens wanting to become a police officer but I always brushed it to one side thinking I would never get in but I realised there is nothing actually stopping me other than a bit of hard work and determination. I am a 22 year old male and I have been working in security since the age of 18. I have experience in static, retail and door supervision (hold up on the stereotypes!) I have good radio communication, often using a police radio. I regularly conduct drug searches and also have to deal with a similar amou…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.4k views
  8. rihgirhrign
    Started by rihgirhrign,

    Hi all, Looking for some advice/info if possible...... I have been looking at getting into the Leicestershire Police force for some time now. I have friends who are constables and say that there doesn't seem to be any clue as to when the recruitment freeze will let up. I have recently applied to become a Special Constable just so I can 'get in' and apply internally if anything should arise. I am currently waiting to hear from HR. 1. Does anybody know anything about when Leicestershire will be looking to recruit regular Constables again? 2. Any idea how long it normally takes from applying to Specials to getting a reply? Also, I used to work as a Prison Officer. The…

  9. Dave32
    Started by Dave32,

    I'm currently filling out my application form and have just remembered i had a speeding fine years ago. I believe it was an sp30 back in 2001, it was just a fine of £60 and 3 points on my licence but i have no paper record of it. Do I need to put this down as it was such a long time ago? If I do how would i find out what date it was?

  10. TrueBlue1546620815
    Started by TrueBlue1546620815,

    Hey Guys, I start my training for Merseyside Police on Monday 28th January and I need some good advice on dress/parade shoes. Is there a certain style/type of shoe that has to be worn or can you buy any style of smart dress shoe as long as it has a toe cap that can be shined up? (Oxford style shoe?) Thanks in advance!

  11. Laurenleo
    Started by Laurenleo,

    Hi there, I am starting with L&B in February and wondered if anyone could tell me how many pairs of black shorts and white t-shirts I should be looking to take up. So far I have five white t shirts and three pairs of shorts but after reading other posts I'm not sure if its going to be enough? Also are you allowed to wear your own fitness gear (i.e. not white tshirts and black shorts) when exercising in your own time? Thanks Lauren

  12. sb871546620723
    Started by sb871546620723,

    http://www.cumbria.police.uk/join-us/police-officers/recruitment-of-police-officers

    nick66891546081139
  13. mkr83
    Started by mkr83,

    Hey folks, Been busy polishing my boots and shoes for the last few days and they're looking really good. I have a problem with the toe cap on one of the shoes has a wee rough patch that will not bull for love nor money. It was fine a couple of days ago but something has obviously gone awry. Any ideas?

  14. dacsurban
    Started by dacsurban,

    Does anyone actually know for a fact when the new lower salary for new recruits starts? what is the actual date that it comes into effect or is it not known yet? Also does it affect all forces as even now some forces pay more than others e.g Surrey are higher than Cornwall.

    Lozzaspring9400 *
  15. Bing
    Started by Bing,

    Hello All, I am a West Mids officer who has just submitted an application for SCD9. I notice one of the Windsor recomendations is to allow the chief to amend the regional allowance. Has any Met officers heard anything? Regards

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.