Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Ces1987
    Started by Ces1987,

    Hi everyone, I've got an assessment day coming up for Tayside Police, when applying it stated it was for the Police Service of Scotland, which means that if you are successful in this process you will not be taken on until April 2013 at the earliest. Just wondered if anyone had any information on whether this was still the case? As it seems very quick that I've got an assessment day date just wondered if anyone knew what the situation was with recruitment at the moment? Thanks

  2. ExTVPCan
    Started by ExTVPCan,

    Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has heard anything about interviews, fitness dates etc. with regards to the Northants transferee process. Apps had to be in by 5th Nov. Best of luck to everyone who applied Stay safe

  3. london112
    Started by london112,

    Guys and Girls Thames Valley are recruiting and the end date is Mid December so get your applications in and let us know on here how your applications go!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, Who has applied to BTP for the role of a PC? This year is different to last year, BTP will close the recruitment once they reached enough applicants. They do not want to receive 4500 applications again. Does anyone know how many applicantions they are looking for before they close their recruitment? Out of curiosity, those who applied for BTP, when you filled your CBQs did you write more than 50, 75 or 100 words when they said for example after the question 50 words?

  5. Albiemaestro
    Started by Albiemaestro,

    Good morning all, Is it possible anyone has any tips on what I need to know and what I could be asked any help would be great thank you

  6. Anna888
    Started by Anna888 * ,

    Hi all, I did my hearing test and they said I fall into group 2 - and I don't really know what this means. Ideally all recruits should be in group 1. The nurse didn't say it would be an out and out barrier to entering but obviously I'm a bit worried. I have my appointment with the Dr on Tuesday so will find out more then. Has anyone else had issues with their hearing tests? I had no idea my hearing was even a problem.

  7. Kraxein
    Started by Kraxein,

    i've been thinking of applying to the police for a while, and there's vacancies for Special constables in my area and i really want to apply, but i'm planning to go to uni and while this would look good on my cv, i have applied to three different uni's: John Moores, Manchester Metropolitan and Hull, and i don't want to apply and risk not being accepted into john moores and getting the job, any advice as i've wanted to join for a while

  8. Lmkc
    Started by Lmkc,

    Hi all got this coming up on 5th December. Does anyone know what will be involved? Really keen to have an insight :)

  9. Guybrush
    Started by Guybrush,

    Hello, Six months ago, I failed the paper sift for Suffolk Police however no feedback was given. I’d been a PC and a SC for another force so I had plenty of experience. When it came to the competency based questions I was very careful to hit all the criteria (Respect for Race and Diversity, Team working, Resilience, Honesty and Integrity etc…) I thought my form was really strong…turns out it wasn’t! The only thing I can think of that they didn’t like was even though I based my answers on scenarios that I’d dealt with myself not what I would have done, they were too policeified and not based on general life. I just assumed examples of a police nature would score bette…

  10. mousehawk
    Started by mousehawk,

    Boneheaded question perhaps, but I've been told I should send my form in by email... however, the declaration needs an original signature. Do I just print out that page and send it in an envelope, and email the rest? Or do I print it out, sign it, scan it and email that? ...Or do I just type it? I tried calling the recruitment office earlier today but it was closed.

    • 0 replies
    • 726 views
  11. AndrewB
    Started by AndrewB,

    Hello all, Im currently undergoing the Met PLC course for PCSO to PC. Anyone else done the course and have any tips? On the first two workbooks atm and its a bit...frustrating.

    • 0 replies
    • 621 views
  12. Super Screw
    Started by Super Screw * ,

    Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone had any idea if what police forces may be recruiting in 2013??

  13. JoshBristol
    Started by JoshBristol,

    I read somewhere that newly trained officers who start at sites such as Sellafield and Dounreay aren't armed for the first 6 months of their probation. Can anyone confirm/deny this? If this is true I think it's mad as surely just coming out of training it will all be fresh in your mind. Anyone out there shed some light on this?

  14. Northsouth
    Started by Northsouth * ,

    Hi everyone. Hope you can help me, to help my son choose the most appropriate path forward. My son is age 15 (in school year 11. GCSE year) and has been keen to pursue a career in the police service for some time. He now has the choice of continuing on to A levels next year or doing an 'equivalent' level course. He is very interested in doing a 2 year diploma in public services (uniformed) with the intention of following this with a foundation degree/degree in policing that also involves work as a special. Basically the dilemma is, will successfully following the above plan increase his chances of recruitment (over A levels followed by other university course/cu…

  15. sally.tock123
    Started by sally.tock123 * ,

    Hi. Does an informal warning issued to me verbally at home 3 years ago when i was a child, need to be declared on my application and vetting forms? PLEASE NOTE: The form states as follows: "You must declare all convictions and formal cautions (including cautions as a juvenile)" and asks: "Have you ever been convicted for any offence or had formal cautions by the police for any offence. Any cautions as a juvenile should also be included." Thanks - Sally xx

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.