Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
The feedback said u needed at least a B to pass my overall feedback was an A. Any ideas on why I failed? Thanks
-
-
- 25 replies
- 1.8k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hey all New to this forum. I'm ex police 8 years service with detective/surveillance experience. I left less than a year ago from Sussex Police, things haven't worked out in my other career move and so looking to rejoin but in the Met. Their website is a tad tricky as it doesn't say that they are not excepting transferees or rejoiners but it appears it has to be for a specific post which they advertise. Funnily enough there are not posts available..... nor a recruitment phone number available to query (i guess they get mad at all the calls they get!) Any one have any heads up on them accepting rejoiners for non specific posts any time soon? Because i've been out less t…
-
Hi all Just to let you all know Norfolk have today opened Recuitment for PCSO'S and PC's who would like to transfer from another force. Regards
-
- 0 replies
- 476 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum, Currently at the assessment centre stage of the recruitment process, but was wondering if anyone out there could point me in the right direction of what the current police issues are within the Lothian and borders. I know the formation into the single service will be up there but I can't seem to find any others on the website.
-
- 1 reply
- 416 views
- 2 followers
-
-
I am currently in the recruitment process for a police staff vacancy, and have been given the medical questionnaire to complete if I am successful. I have noticed it asks about mental illness and I have had a history of depression. I am now 22, but suffered depression from ages 16-19 and completely came off medication at age 20. Do you think this will hold me back from a police staff job? I don't know if they have the same requirements as for a police officer. Any insight would be appreciated because I am really worried that this may hold me back even though I have been completely fine for a few years and completely came off meds 2 years ago. Thanks!
-
-
- 3 replies
- 715 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello everyone !!! I'm on my last year of college on National Diploma in IT, and looking forward to finish with the Distinction. However I don't fill like IT is something I like to do for the rest of my life. Since I was little boy I always want to become the policeman. I fell like this is what I want to do since I really like to help people and make the street safe. My question is what should I do in order to become the Police Officer? Should I go to University if yes what course should I chose and can you give me some examples of University around the UK? Or should I go and join the Police right now? However I hear a lot about that there is no places in Police and tha…
-
- 0 replies
- 690 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys and girls. I am currently a staff nurse but have always wanted to be a police officer. I have had enough of my current career now and want to seriously look into joining the police force. I understand recruitment isnt as lively as it once was due to financial difficulties and by looking on Mereyside Police's website over the past few months i can tell it seems a very difficult career to get into. Just wondering if anyone could offer me advice on job hunting. I live in the Merseyside area and this would be ideal for me but i would have no problems looking elsewhere within a decent distance as i drive. Could anyone suggest different forces to maybe look at or m…
-
- 2 replies
- 500 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Did anyone go to the Northants open evening on Weds 18th Oct?
-
Hi All Just wondered if anyone on here is starting with Norfolk on the 12th? Been nearly 3 years since I applied but got there in the end. Anyone else getting slightly nervous now?? Any tips on what I'll need to take on the first day would be welcome. I know I'll need plenty of pens, paper etc! Thanks
-
- 0 replies
- 607 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, just looking for a wee bit of advice. My hair is quite short, just above shoulder length. When I tie it back in a ponytail, I only have about 1 inch of hair in the ponytail, not enough to turn it into a bun. I start in 3 weeks so not much hope of my hair growing that much longer before then. Just looking for some advice. Are you allowed to wear your hair down if it is short? Sorry for the stupid question, don't know who else to ask!! Yvonne.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, Ive applied sep 20th this year which was just before the recruitment deadline. just posting this to see if anyone else is in the same boat/ possibly in same recruitment pool?
-
-
- 3 replies
- 868 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've recently been rejected after applying for the regulars. Sat the SET but was later rejected over some fairly minor driving offences. I was advised to drive carefully for a year and encouraged to apply again in 12 months when I'm eligible again. So I'm wondering, does the 12 month waiting period bar me from applying for the role of special constable too?
-
-
- 11 replies
- 963 views
- 4 followers
-
-
I have searched and searched but I can't seem to find any obvious answers to this. Does anyone know roughly what the take home pay is monthly on a starting salary of £23,259? Any ideas welcome!
-
- 6 replies
- 801 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm struggling to answer these questions to become a Special Constable. "Tell us why you want to be a police constable" I've mentioned I'd enjoy the mental and physical challenges that would come with it, mentioning that i'm hoping this could lead to a full time career as a Police Constable in the future. "Tell us why you've applied for your chosen force" My chosen force would be Gwent police I assume, since its my local police... I don't quite understand this question. Can someone also help give me an understanding of what tasks i'll be expected to take as a special. "what sort of effect do you think becoming a special will have on your domestic and social life" a…
-
-
- 33 replies
- 1.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi to you all. :) I have a very upset daughter (A) who has 'failed' the Police vetting process to work in an admin position, as my other daughter (B) received a caution 3 months ago. Daughter A also completed her Met Police training to be an SPO. At that time daughter B had no caution. So my query and I hope someone can help me get my head around this? How can one siblings drunken night out, affect my other daughters career chances. She is also now worried that she may be kicked out of the Met. My wife has suggested that this could affect my sons chances of a career in the Police? It seems very trivial and confusing, although the situation was that my daughter used he…
-
-
- 13 replies
- 1.3k views
- 2 followers
-