Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dr_bogenbroom1546620816
    Started by dr_bogenbroom1546620816,

    Hi, I'm not past the A/C stage yet but I do have a vetting question. Back when I applied in March I answered all of the questions on the vetting form honestly as well as the application form itself. Now since reading through the forums and speaking to others in the process it quickly became clear that I should have added more information in the additional information section i.e. any RTC's I have been involed in or any times I have had contact with the police even though I've not been the cause or victim of an offence. There were also a couple of additional address details I had to add to. I think I have sent around 10-12 emails in total to recruitment with extra info …

  2. garygary86
    Started by garygary86,

    Hi guys, I am looking for a bit of advice with the application form, I passed this stage at the last recruitment drive only for recruitment to be frozen. Now with the new forms I am struggling a bit with the compentency based questions... I dont know if i am over thinking it a bit by trying to find something which relates to the police or whether a simple "time i have worked in a team" would suffice? Also any info on the vetting process would be greatly appreciated as my previous employment has been a bit erratic due to being in the construction industry. Thanks

  3. martinc
    Started by martinc,

    I have recently been given the opportunity to transfer to Northants can anyone tell me what the shift Pattern is. what's morale like at the moment and have you completed the reform yet. I have been told I may get Kettering or oundle can anyone tell me what it's like up there ? Is Oundle a rural location crime stats etc thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 484 views
  4. nad_00000
    Started by nad_00000,

    I want to transfer from gmp up north to either northumbria durham or cleveland any one got any ideas when they will taking transferees. Also if any officer from these forces wishes to transfer to gmp would they consider a swap?

    • 0 replies
    • 410 views
  5. Fiji888

    Hi all, Can anyone shed any light?.. I will soon be attending an initial police assessment centre with a force and this will be lasting approximately 1.5 hours at the police HQ and will consist of psychometric tests and written exercises. If I am successful at this stage I will be invited to the standard NPIA assessment day at Ryton on Dunsmore. Has anyone ever gone through a recruitment route such as the one above, I was aware most forces just use one 5 hour assessment at Ryton. I'm not sure if by doing the psychometric tests and written exercises at the HQ I will be then doing the same at Ryton, or will they mark an overall score between the two days. If anyone cou…

    peterpartridge3 *
  6. t0m669
    Started by t0m669,

    Hi everyone, This is my first post and it's because I really do need help. I have got my date for my final local force interview which is with Durham Constabulary. It's the biggest thing i've ever had to do and i'm looking for any advice/tips or even possible questions that may come up. Any help would be gratefully appreciated

  7. Adsy

    Hi all, My SC application is currently going through vetting @ Lancs. I'm sure I'm not the only SC candidate who wants one day to be able to leave their current job and become a regular. I've noticed that as of today (9th July) Lancs have started giving out PCSO application packs to externals. I was in two minds as to weather I should contact HR and enquire; however I'm loyal to my SC application and don't want to throw a spanner in the works. My immediate thoughts were getting in as a PCSO would mean I could leave my current job sooner (assuming I was successful) despite the drop in salary. I then come on here and read horror-stories about how PSCO's are 'favored' …

  8. K9HoundDog
    Started by K9HoundDog,

    Newly advertised Dog Section Trainer in Wiltshire! http://www.wiltshire.police.uk/index.php/jobdetails?job_id=252

  9. Mike Nash
    Started by Mike Nash,

    Done to death about what's the best boot, altbergs (with 2 young kids and a tight budget, magnums will have to do...) My question is this, those who are at or have recently been to the castle, can you give me advice about what types of boots I need (ie, all leather, bull able etc..) Thanks in advance!

  10. gaz_524
    Started by gaz_524,

    Hi, Just wondering if anybody else on here is starting on the 18th June with Norfolk constabulary? Gareth

    • 1 reply
    • 255 views
  11. ThePolice
    Started by ThePolice,

    Does anyone know of any forces 'oop North, that are currently accepting a/c scores? Passed the assessment centre with Cheshire, but didn't get through the final interview due people getting higher scores! Many thanks :)

  12. Albiemaestro
    Started by Albiemaestro,

    Does anyone know what forces are taking on police officer transferees?

  13. babe7466
    Started by babe7466,

    Hey everyone, Is anyone else waiting to hear? I sent my application away on 13th April and still not heard anything. Wondered if anyone else was in the same boat ?

    TheNewGuy1546620845
  14. MSZ
    Started by MSZ,

    Hello all, Just wondered if there are is anyone applying to Norfolk Constabulary as a transferee. I have been informed that my application has been received but I'm still to hear if I have an interview. It would be good to network :)

    • 1 reply
    • 900 views
  15. Yoyo124

    HI! Below I will be posting some feedback I just received from my Special Constable Application. This may help others but also might help myself from people like you commenting! Feedback: Joshua, Thank you for your request for feedback on your application. The marking criteria for application forms is very prescriptive and sets out clearly the standards which must be met and the evidence/indicators that are expected to support this. Based on these, please find below some feedback that I hope might assist in any subsequent application you make with us. Q1 - Whilst in your answer you set out clearly the nature of the inappropriate behaviour It was not possib…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.