Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Wayward
    Started by Wayward,

    Hi, I'm attending my day 2 assessment soon and was wondering if it's expected to attended in smart attire and then change into my running gear, or if it's ok for me to go in my trackies and trainers and ready to go. Silly question I know, but gotta ask! Thanks.

  2. JoshBristol
    Started by JoshBristol,

    I know this might sound trivial to most but I want to make the right impression. On Monday I have my CNC fitness and firearms brief. Are we supposed to wear a suit for this then change into our sports kit. I rang CNC HR but all they could tell me is that there are changing facilities but there may not be time to shower between fitness and firearms brief. Hope someone who has been through the process recently can help me out.

    • 0 replies
    • 537 views
  3. bilko
    Started by bilko,

    hi all can anyone shed some light on this for me as i am gobsmacked! in 2008 i applied to sussex for the regulars which i was successful. then the cuts started, and i was asked if i would join the specials while i waited in the pool. some 500 applicants were binned as they hadnt completed the whole process, i was one of 95 that had passed the lot and became a special as they had asked. me. then a month ago a letter came saying that if i wanted to be considered for a intake of 30 from the pool that i was in i would need to be re interviewed to see if i was eligible for this police knowledge certificate course that i now needed to do which is a 20week course each wed&amp…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 948 views
  4. gaskjim
    Started by gaskjim,

    Just seeing if their is anyone out their like me having internally passed both day one and day two with the Met but awaiting a start date for PC and if so if they know anymore than me about a potential start date before christmas?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 432 views
  5. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Is it possible to live in Milton Keynes and still work in the MET. This would mean a reasonable commute but how people can afford to build a life in London if they are single is beyond me.

    • 0 replies
    • 298 views
  6. ippity
    Started by ippity,

    Hi all, I am due to be out of my probation at the end of next month and have so far absolutely loved every aspect of shift work and the job itself. Shift work itself has never been an issue for me as I have worked the last 10 years doing shifts. However, as the title suggests, I have a slight concern that I am not sure of how to address. Ordinarily, I am the type of person who stands up for myself and fights tooth and nail to defend my corner if I know I am in the right, however, I am quite happy to become submissive (for lack of a better word), if I am in the wrong, in which case I will always hold my hands up to any mistakes I have made and take whatever I have comi…

  7. Manc999
    Started by Manc999,

    Hi everyone, I'm currently going through the vetting process for becoming a Special, but have had a previous disciplinary warning from a past employer. On the application form, i totally mis-read the question as it asks if you have been subject to a disciplinary in the last twelve months? I put no, thinking it was just for your current employer, but having spoken to someone else, i was made aware i should have declared it. I contacted recruitment the next day and told them. I also emailed them as much info as i could regarding my disciplinary. It was an honest mistake, but i feel my application may get binned due to this oversight. Any response will be greatly receive…

    • 4 replies
    • 426 views
  8. redhotrocks
    Started by redhotrocks,

    Hello all I am currently going through vetting to become a regular and they have asked for copies of my GCSE's (O level) certificates, Now Its been 15 years since I did these exams and to be quite honest I genuinely could not remember what my grades were, I've done higher education since and I've never needed them before so on my initial application I put what I thought they were. I Put down that I had D's for English, Science and Maths Anyhow, I've managed to get a statement of my results from the exam board and it actually shows me as having E's instead of D's! So would this be a problem as obviously I have got them wrong? although they were wrong I havent made out …

    • 4 replies
    • 405 views
  9. lewisb1546620849
    Started by lewisb1546620849 * ,

    I have to ask this since its the background that both my uncles who are current serving police officers came from and its the job that I am currently doing, does being a prison officer help when one is applying to join the police? I'm curious as to whether it helps in regard to selection or not?

    TopLoader1546620233
  10. Sweden
    Started by Sweden,

    Hello everybody! I´m new here, and my name is Daniel. I am interested in moving to England and I am wondering if there would be any possibility for me to becom a police officer? I am a swedish citizen, but the way I understand it, you could become a UK police officer if you are an EU citizen, wich I am. Is there anyone who could help me answer this question? I would be really glad. Thanks for now. Best regards/Daniel

  11. grace17
    Started by grace17,

    Anyone recently started or going to start training soon? if so i am curious as to what your overall pass mark was at the assessment center. thanks

  12. Leedsboy
    Started by Leedsboy,

    Hi all, I am going for an Assessment Day next month and was trawling for opinions/advice on the CNC. The market is flooded with books on passing the tests; I bought one by Ian McTaggart which seems very good. Should I take it as gospel as the CNC differs from a County Force? On the day should I be even more PC than the CRE? Fitness is not a problem as I am in the RAF and firearms will be okay, are they done at a later stage? All replies gratefully received!

  13. Andrew Oliver
    Started by Andrew Oliver,

    I've created an Android app to help bobbies or student officers learn definitions, its free. It's called "police UK law definitions v2" and its on android market. Try it out. My motive is simply to help me learn for my sgts exam. It would prove useful for any serving or student officers. Email me with any suggestions for future updates.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 3.4k views
  14. courage_brother

    Hi all, I came across this, thought it might be useful for any new recruits heading up to the castle. No excuses for not knowing the standards now Any questions just ask. I've been there not too long ago so I know what it's like. Uniform / Personal Appearance § Hat – clean & tidy, not ‘shaped’. Peak must be polished and free from fingerprints. § Hat - must be worn for drill, inspections, and practical exercises; and to / from these activities - not carried. § High-Vis Jacket / Fleece / Belt / Equipment – buttoned / zipped & worn for activities as directed. Also worn to / from such activities -not carried. § Wicking Vest – tucked in to tro…

  15. nick b
    Started by nick b,

    Hi Can anybody please tell me the current shift pattern for reactive officers? Many thanks Nick

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.