Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TheNewGuy1546620845
    Started by TheNewGuy1546620845,

    Hey everyone, sorry to be such a post hog but I'm really struggling with the completion of my application form. These two sections are the only things holding up my completion. Q2 "It is vitally important in Scotland’s diverse society, that Police Officers respect the lifestyle, culture or beliefs of others even if these differ significantly from the officer’s own experiences. Think of an example of an occasion when you have shown respect for the lifestyle,culture or beliefs of someone, even though they differed significantly from your own and you might even have disagreed with them." (i) Tell us how the situation arose and how you and the other person differed. (…

    franciscobegbie
  2. MuttonJeff
    Started by MuttonJeff,

    Hi, does anyone have any experience with transferee interviews, particularly with Cheshire Constabulary? Interview is looming and I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks

  3. RookieKop
    Started by RookieKop * ,

    Hello I'm a few months in to my probationary period and I'm so stressed I can't sleep well - it's ridiculous As I'm really not one to get fazed by much, however, first mags court is due next week for an abh and I just don't know what to expect and this scares me. We didn't do much about it in training and although did a mock court set up, I don't think it can really prepare you for the real thing. I wrote a statement based on what a kiddy told me who witnessed the attack, I think this is the reason they want me to attend, I have no idea., I just got a court warning via email and nothing else! Advise welcome. RK

  4. wakeywakey28
    Started by wakeywakey28,

    Just wondering if anybody has applied to transfer to north yorks police during the recent pc/dc transferee recruitment drive...if so have you heard anything back yet?

  5. grace17
    Started by grace17,

    Evening all. I am starting my training on 25th June. just wondering if anyone wished to share their experiences of high/low points during training. any preparation guidance and how tough it is. i want to hit the ground running when i start so any tips would be gratefully received. fanx

  6. tottenhamhalls
    Started by tottenhamhalls,

    Has anyone else here applied for the PCSO positions at Nottinghamshire,

    tottenhamhalls
  7. D78
    Started by D78,

    Hi,I'm wondering if anyone can help? I Went for my colour vision test at Cali Uni on Friday and it turns out I've got a moderate red-green colour defect. Is there anyone who has been given the same diagnosis as me and been accepted/rejected by Strathclyde or do you know anyone recently who has been accepted/rejected due to this. Please can you let me know? Thanks, Dave

  8. Tommo141
    Started by Tommo141,

    Hi Guys, I applied for a Police Staff role and am pleased to say i got offered the job! I was just wondering about how Hertfordshire Constabulary obtain a reference from my current job ? I know they have asked for a reference from my college tutor (who happens to be an ex-Police Officer from West Midlands Police), but wasn't sure whether HR would contact the store manager at my current job, or if they need a Head office contact ? Thanks alot, Tom.

    • 0 replies
    • 257 views
  9. Yorkypud
    Started by Yorkypud,

    Has anyone been on one of their courses? Just wondered if you think its worth it? Cheers

  10. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    Morning folks! I've just checked the Derbyshire police website and found that they will be recruiting for PCSO's from midday Friday 8th of June. That's good news for anyone interested in Derbyshire or for anyone who didn't get a form for the PC recruitment.

  11. Cameron
    Started by Cameron,

    I was reading a post on another forum when I noticed they mentioned something about that from April 2013 you will need 3 A-levels to join the police, they mentioned it was out if the Winsor report. I then did a google search and found this on a news article I'm in year 10 and want to join the Police in the future, I'm thinking of doing A-Levels after year 11 but I am not sure If I will pass Maths and be allowed in. I have never though of this as a problem because A Levels were never a requirement for the police, but after finding this it worried me. So is this just a suggestion or is it going ahead?

  12. High Tower
    Started by High Tower,

    Anyone in the know in Notts with regards to any possibility of them opening up for transfers in the nearish future??

  13. Hoodles
    Started by Hoodles,

    Hello I am just putting together an application form and have a quick question. Does anyone know what happens when one of your previous employers no longer exists? As I am being asked for my 10 year history and I know that one company has ceased to exist and another pub I used to work at has changed hands. Does this make a difference when some of my references dont get completed?

    • 3 replies
    • 291 views
  14. Ben&Jem
    Started by Ben&Jem,

    Does anyone have any idea when Merseyside will start accepting transfers again?

    • 0 replies
    • 171 views
  15. Lid29
    Started by Lid29 * ,

    Heya, new to the forum and just wondering if anyone can help me. Does anyone know if a break in employment, during which you were a carer for a family member, would reflect negatively on you? This is assuming you'd been in employment for a decent amount of time before applying (and therefore showing you can hold down a job), but the time as a carer was still within the last five years, and for several years right after leaving college. Thanks in advance.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.