Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bop!
    Started by bop!,

    I have just found out that after almost 3 years in the recruitment process that i have failed pre employment checks , can anyone tell me what these consist of and what i could do in any way of appeal. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 591 views
    znra2511546080955
  2. babe7466
    Started by babe7466,

    Hey everyone! Sent my application in on Friday 13th!!!!!! Lol Haven't even had a confirmation letter. Anyone else in the same boat?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 380 views
  3. Tom
    Started by Tom,

    Hi, I am in the process of doing my application to be a Special, and its going ok. I wrote out the competency questions and then wrote my answers down, left it for a day, went back, re-read and corrected it. Repeating this process over several days I now feel I'm close to actually writing it down in my application. My real concern is about the diversity question, taking another persons needs into account; I have got a little confused after reading lots of different things. My answer is around helping an individual who was unable to communicate with me fully as his first language was not English, therefore I took steps with this individual to open up other avenues of…

  4. murdoch24
    Started by murdoch24,

    Hi there everyone. I'm new to this forum and just wanted to pop on and ask if anyone else has gotten their date for their fitness test with Grampian? I just found out that I have mine on the 19th May, anyone else going on that day? I am pretty nervous about the whole thing but I am looking forward to hopefully starting my dream job soon. Any tips for the interview? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  5. Dominic Long
    Started by Dominic Long,

    Just curious about these, they just need to be people that have known you well for at least 2 years right? As they will contact previous employers etc for working references?

  6. TheOldBill0

    Just a heads up that Derbyshire are to recruit 60 new student officers. As always, please check you are eligible to apply and check out the website for further details: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/Careers/Officer-Recruitment/Police-Officer-Vacancies.aspx Good luck.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. TheOldBill0

    Just a heads up for anyone keen on joining in the Cheshire (or indeed any) area, check out the link for details http://www.cheshire.police.uk/jobs/pcs.aspx It seems recently that recruitment seems to be opening up ever so slightly, there is hope for us yet. Good luck.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Traffic Rat +
  8. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, BTP are now recruiting PCSOs for the london underground if any of you are interested to know. It's a job at the end of the day and a possibility to get into becoming a full time police officer after 2 years probation. You have until the 14th of Febuary to apply. Who is applying or going to?

  9. tony8700
    Started by tony8700,

    Hi Guys, I am trying to join the Grampian Police, I have sent my application away and I am currently sticking to a personal fitness program so as to be at my best. (havent excercised since school). I am very commited and self motivated and was hoping some of you could give me some tips and help with regards to the next stages and your experience's. I am constantly reading online information, some of which contradicts each other. Many thanks Tony

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  10. tim131

    Hi there, I am in the process of making an application to the Grampian police. A little bit about me, I am 21 years old, I am originally from Ireland, lived in Aberdeen for 2 years, now am living in London (but wanting to move back to Aberdeenshire) I have done my leaving cert (A levels) and a one year course in IT after that, I've also completed the first year of a degree course, I didnt like it, so dropped out and worked full time in a retail store for 1 and half years, I am back at university, but really feel it isn't for me, and want to go back to Aberdeen and join the service, and make a difference to the community. I was wondering if someone could help me with…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. welshrarebit
    Started by welshrarebit,

    Thought I'd post this in case anyone was interested. http://www.surrey.police.uk/careers/careers_transfer.asp

  12. Police868

    Almost all of us who applied for Met PCSO role back in 2009, passed all stages and vetting, and were on waiting list for a start date for 12-18months, had our applications terminated in summer 2011 due to ''no recruitment in forseeable future''. However a few weeks ago quite a few people i know got letters saying as recruitment had reopened they could have their application re-activated from Day 2. I personally didn't get this letter, when phonedup recruitment to request reactivation was told that 'too long has passed between my termination date and the present date'. This was total sh*t though as itd only been 9months for me, wheras others i know personally had had 1…

    • 0 replies
    • 265 views
  13. dungeon monkey
    Started by dungeon monkey,

    Hello everyone :biggrin: Just starting a new topic to see who else is in my position and waiting to see if their force will open up internal recruitment? Anyone know of any forces looking to start recruiting internally? What kind of jobs have people taken in the police forces so that they can give them a better chance of getting in?

    dungeon monkey
  14. Ploddy999
    Started by Ploddy999,

    Just spoke to a friend of mine in relation to transferring to a force closer to family and friends. I explained that it's got to be cheaper taking new recruits on rather than transferees. Her reply to this was What if you started afresh with a new force starting afresh as a new recruit. With only four years in, what if you could do this, would you do it?

  15. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Today BTP are recruiting PCSOs for London again, Why is that? Was there not enough candidates for the Febuary recruitment PCSO campain? Did many candidates who applied in Febuary fail the assessment? Are people not interested in the role?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.