Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    To All, FYI: The MDP federation has launched a video on youtube, about the work of the MDP; and how cuts to their services may affect the work they do and how it may affect the defense of a nation, which is why the video is called MOD police: In defense of a nation. Have a look.

    kennyross1078
  2. DarkAlex
    Started by DarkAlex,

    Hi All, First year of being a special is almost up and I am due for recertification. However I can remember the last time I cuffed someone with full proper procedure - as I have usually been in a rumble with people... I know the 3 procedures - Stacked to the front and rear and rear with backs of hand touching but its just remembering where to stand for left handed people... I understand this may infringe on forum rules and/or accessable knowledge for those outside the police service. Thus feel free to Private message. Any help/tips would be much apperciated. DarkAlex

    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Mcleod88
    Started by Mcleod88,

    Have passed my SET and fitness test have also had my interview so has anyone done the assesment centre and what? is it involved ? cheers conor

  4. project461546620815
    Started by project461546620815,

    Hi totally new to this forum but from what I've read so far it's been very useful. Got my Fitness/SET on the 22nd of this month. Just wondering if the people who have sat it recently i.e. last few months did you guys have to do the beep or 1.5mile run? I read you only to bleep test if weather is extremely poor and dangerous, is this correct? If so what constitutes poor weather i.e. hail/snow or something more mediocre like wind/rain. Any help would be much obliged.

  5. Azz

    Hi all, After a huge panic about whether or not I would pass the paper sift due to my father's criminal record, I am glad to say I recieved a response today! Having sent the application last week, Ive already been asked to attend an assesment day Two PIR tests - the verbal and mathematical one if I remember correctly. My question is, has the vetting already been done - seems rather quick? And should I be expecting an interview either on the assesment day or on another occasion? and finally, if I pass the PIRT tests, does it mean Ive basically passed the process and am on my way to becoming a special? Kindest regards, Azz!

  6. Azz
    Started by Azz,

    Hi guys, Im currently in the process of applying to be a Special for Lancashire Constabulary, but I feel my parents criminal record will almost definitely hold me back. My mother was charged for assault four years ago, and aside from this her record is clear. The problem is, Im certain my Father's is quite extensive. I know he has been in prison for attempted murder, and he has a criminal record for a variety of drug offences. I know whats probably runnning through your minds as your reading this - why the hell should I even bother applying, right? For several weeks, ive been asking myself the same question, but I still feel I have a chance despite this as I have almo…

    Jaydee1546620346
  7. turned-around
    Started by turned-around,

    anyone? :biggrin: :biggrin:

    actionman53 *
  8. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    What sort of things would a police medical examination involve? Thanks for any replies. :biggrin:

    • 4 replies
    • 393 views
  9. mcscotland
    Started by mcscotland,

    Just wondering If anyone has applied for the September intake for strathclyde specials? I'm a student in my second last year, so hopefully if I get this, it will help in my application for regulars when I graduate! Just sent my form off yesterday and got an email today saying that it was blank, so I had to send another one! Hopefully this does not make me look like a plank. Hopefully hear back from them soon!

    • 1 reply
    • 353 views
  10. mcscotland
    Started by mcscotland,

    Hi guys, Just looking for what other people opinions are! Always wanted to join the police, so after uni I am definitely going to apply. First thing that I have to decide is, should I apply for a job whilst still at university, but coming up to graduation? Would this have a detrimental effect on my application? Secondly, this single scottish police force malarky is concerning me...I hope to god they don't put a recruitment freeze on when it comes into being, which apparently is just after I graduate.. Maybe they will do a 'last taking-on' before it comes into fruition.. Just seeing what people think! Thanks

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 350 views
  11. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    My police force (Nottinghamshire) require a reference from your school if you attended school in the last 5 years. I am currently 21, so Nottinghamshire police would contact my school for a reference. I am quite worried about me failing the school reference due to a 6 month period of being constantly late in year 10 (aged 14). Before the 6 month period of being constantly late, I was always on time for school, and after the 6 month period of being constantly late, I was always on time for school for the final 4 years of my school education. (I never took a single day off school in secondary school) Will this mean I fail my school reference?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 258 views
  12. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    Hello, just a quick question. What books, DVDs, courses, would you suggest are very helpful for anybody wanting to join the police? :) I have heard about a website called ' http://www.how2become.co.uk/products/career-kits/ ' who are offering a selection of books, DVD's, and CDs. But I have noticed from peoples comments about there products that they are not very good. One person saying that there products are 'a joke', and another person saying that the products are 'poor value for money'. I have also seen another website which you may have seen called ' http://www.talkingblues.co.uk/recruitment-process/index.php '. Its seems quite good and sounds like it could be q…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 319 views
  13. kellymcd1
    Started by kellymcd1,

    Hi Anyone else attending the Assessment Centre for Lothian and Borders on 6 February 2012?

    newby11546620625
  14. Kilm
    Started by Kilm,

    I decided to stick this up as a lone post after someone Liked it in another Thread: If you're concerned about your maths / literacy / problem solving abilities or simply want a chance to sit a few Mock Exam papers that will allow you to time yourself and get a feel for some of the questions you may (Or may not) come across, then don't worry about paying for any of the packs from various companies touting such stuff. Yes, they may be more orientated questions wise, but really, if you remove the scenarios the questions are built around, they're still just maths / literacy / problem solving. Instead, go to your nearest High School or College and ask to speak to a Guidance…

    Scotia1546081133
  15. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    What are peoples views about applying for every PC vacancy that appears? We have to declare any Police application everytime we apply and I'm concerned that with the small probability to getting through a process these days if people arn't careful they will have a pretty long list of failed applications. Does it look bad if you have been rejected from numerous forces? Part of me thinks it is best to enter as a Special and just bide your time and be commited with that force.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 365 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.