Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. chrismaxwell
    Started by chrismaxwell * ,

    I have been giving sexism within the police is this an issue. I was wondering if their was any help and tips out their for me.i aint done any public speaking in the past before so any advice would be welcome. Thanks

    LCampbell1990 *
  2. Hawkmoon269
    Started by Hawkmoon269,

    Hi.. Anyone out there who applied in Mar '09 this year..? I understand TVP had a huge response this year and it will take several weeks to go through the paper-sift. H269

  3. entwistlesj
    Started by entwistlesj,

    Earlier this evening I went to a Specials information evening. As some will know from previous topics I have made a mistake in the past I am not proud of and regret deeply. I told the woman all about it and she said "10 years. Unless there's some sort of extraodinary circumstance in which it happened?" "No. Young and foolish." "Well you're still young and still will be in 7 years time. You can apply now but dont get your hopes up. It's not us who make that decision it's down the the home office regulations and unfortunately whoever makes the decision won't meet you so it's tricky." A mate of mine who is a regular officer said I should try as a PCSO. he's not certain…

  4. Doughnut101
    Started by Doughnut101,

    Im a PCSO for the met, did my day one in June 2011 and scored 72%, wasn't fortunate enough to get a place on the September or November PLC course and was told by recruitment "sorry that you were not successful in getting a place on the PLC course and unfortunately at this moment in time there are no further plans for recruitment" But I got an email this week offering me a Day 2 assessment?!? (fitness and medical) Any one know what's going on? The met just hired 1200+ officers from internal applications (Specials/PCSOs) in 2011 and I didn't expect them to be hiring for at least another year or two.

  5. AJP
    Started by AJP,

    Hello everyone, Just wondering if anyone else is starting at Tulli on the 27th Feb. Finally got my offer after applying 3 years ago!! Northern Constab is the force I've with. Regards Al

  6. jasenforcer
    Started by jasenforcer,

    Hi all I have nearly completed my PLC course I was wondering you there is any software / audio programs online tests that can help me also any one the PLC exam? if so how was it?

    • 0 replies
    • 444 views
  7. toshee
    Started by toshee,

    I've got my fitness test coming up soon but my IT band is playing up at the moment! I'm going to try some KT tape on my knee... does anyone know if that will be allowed... as it is a common issue for runners to suffer from IT band pain and professional footballers use KT tape all the time to tape up injuries while playing games!! I think it should be ok but obviously I'm slightly cautious as I don't want to ruin my chance of getting in!! Also does anyone know if you are allowed to wear Under Armour under your running gear as I always wear it when running outside?! Thanks, Fiona!!

  8. scalla14
    Started by scalla14,

    HI guys, first ever post on here. As you can tell from the title I have my SET test on 30 January! I am nervous to say the least about one test, the numerical and information handling are the ones which are going to be my real stumbling blocks!!! Does anyone here know of a good source of specimen papers? I have the specimen papers from the Grampian Police site and know of the specimen on police-information.co.uk. Looking for quite a few as I will need plenty practice. Degree was in Psychology and not maths . Any other tips about the SET would be greatly appreciated. I have mine at 6pm is that unusual? If i fail one fo the 3 papers am I allowed a second attempt? Th…

  9. Gibspoon
    Started by Gibspoon * ,

    Hello All, At last, I've taken the plunge and gone for it! It's time to move on from Thames Valley. Now I'm just hoping and waiting to hear something back from CNC. From what I've read, it could take a while! No bad thing really, as it should give me time to prepare as fully as I can. I've put in for a place at Heysham, but I'd take what I can get and be happy. I'd be grateful if anyone could help with a couple things though, to give me the heads-up. Does anyone know exactly what the assessment day will cover? I'm ex-army and I shoot as a sport, but is the firearms assessment similar to the H.O. forces assesment days? What team-based exercises are used during the ass…

  10. Daveb123999
    Started by Daveb123999,

    Hello , I have pass my day one and was unfortunate enough not to get on the plc intakes. Rumours have it 400 will be starting on 20th feb . What has anyone else heard ? I just want to get going

    • 0 replies
    • 340 views
  11. Frustrationisnttheword
    Started by Frustrationisnttheword * ,

    Hi, Wonder if anyone on here can please help me, im currently a 36yr old serving PCSO (2years) and I've been waiting for the recruitment window to open up again to enable me to become a Police Officer, However i do have several previous convictions, Crim dam- 1996 Possesion Cannabis 1996 Crim dam 1998 D&D 2002 I applied to become an officer 2 years ago and was succesful in passing my vetting stage (after appealing the decision) but due to cuts the applciation wasnt progressed any further, I have just applied to join another force and once again had to appeal the prelim vetting but theyve said that "Due to Home Office Guidelines, The decision to not employ me d…

    Frustrationisnttheword *
  12. london112
    Started by london112,

    Wish me luck got my Regs day 2 with the MET tommorrow :boxing:

    • 27 replies
    • 672 views
  13. Andybman
    Started by Andybman * ,

    Hi, Im looking for a website to help me learn, its all good reading books and listening to cd's but it would be great to have an interactive website. Does anyone know of any good sites? I did use one many years ago called police.uk but its gone now. Im just about to start my training so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

  14. WilkoT
    Started by WilkoT * ,

    I know the Police force is a hugely competitive job, but I am currently studying to be a teacher, and Im not far away from being qualified, and both career paths tempt me equally. I did a 16 - 18 Volunteer Police Cadets course before starting university, and have always had the Police in my mind, but I had a bad experience in the Police Cadets, and it put me off a little. Anyway, I have been reconsidering my options, and heard that a force within a reasonable distance from me is recruiting in the next few months. I am very tempted to apply, but Im not sure if I have enough experience? Or more experienced officers will just get given the jobs. Also, what is the Salary as…

  15. Buddy!
    Started by Buddy!,

    Hello all, Been lurking around here for a while having a browse. Now, I'm sure this subject has probably been done to death on this forum in the past; I am one of those individuals who has a drink driving conviction (DR-10). Before I get to my question, yes I know this is a serious matter and completely unacceptable. However, I took the punishment I deserved for being young and stupid and went on to join the British Army, which I am serving in rather successfully. I find now days that I am a good example to some of my civilian friends who have considered drink driving. Anyhow, when I leave the Army, I feel a career in the Police would be highly rewarding. I understand …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.