Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Adler
    Started by Adler,

    Hi, all. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if you're allowed to have a PCSO app in at the same time as a PC? I know the rules regarding only one force if you're applying to be a PC, but is it the same if you're applying to one force as a PCSO and one as PC......? Thanks in advance :biggrin:

  2. Derek89
    Started by Derek89,

    I have now left Tulliallan and am getting based out in division.I'm looking to keep on top of my studying but i find it easier, like i did when i was in high school, to have a tutor run through and help me, like what a teacher does at school. I know we all get a tutor cop but I'm meaning more someone who does it in free time. Anyone any help. Thanks Derek N.

    • 1 reply
    • 595 views
    Scotia1546081133
  3. jan80808
    Started by jan80808,

    Where do the police forces stand with athiritus sufferers? can someone let me know it would help me a great deal

    • 1 reply
    • 198 views
  4. jonnyrotten
    Started by jonnyrotten,

    http://www.northumbria.police.uk/about_us/work_for_us/ Northumbria Police are looking for 3 positions as a Community Support Officer (Reception). Click on the link.

    • 0 replies
    • 199 views
  5. angel46
    Started by angel46,

    Hey guys any tips on whether to bull before 3 day Jackton Induction? or do they give you a masterclass? I'm thinking that maybe they'll give us an inspection once in uniform and wondering if shiny parade shoes what will be called for...

    • 1 reply
    • 656 views
  6. Mark_C
    Started by Mark_C,

    I'm sure this is a frequently posted topic but in the hope of some personalised responses I thought I'd try my luck I've managed to pass my PIRT's and I am really keen to join as a Special, even if it's not for career advancement. I've got my interviews sometime in the near future (date to be confirmed) and I'm now revising knowlage and expereince as well as the core competencies: Community and customer focus Respect for race and diversity Effective communication Problem solving Reslillence Personal Responsibilty Team Working I'm working on the assumption that the interviewers will ask for examples of when I've demonstrated each skill, is that correct? Any tips…

  7. Imagine
    Started by Imagine,

    This has been on my mind for as long as i can remember, being in the police force is what i want to and will want to do for the rest of my life. Have been this way ever since i was little. But there is this family member, who i have not even seen since i was 10 has been causing trouble for years. As far as i am aware, he has been arrested and charged for drinking and driving, then arrested again for driving while banned. Not sure if he has served a jail sentence but still. I washed my hands with this person when he did not care that his sister died (my mother) when i was 19. Will his idiotic behaviour stop me from getting into the police? Will vetting frown upon his co…

  8. Adler
    Started by Adler,

    Hello, all. I know many users of this forum wish to become police officers, just like me . However, we all know the way recruitment is going in the future, i.e. majority Regs recruitment done primarily from PCSO, Specials and other police staff. So, having seen the Met is recruiting PCSOs, I'm thinking 'this is my chance'. I know some forces are considering limited recruitment this year, but still others are not going anywhere near recruitment until the next financial year. I have done some research on the role and have decided to apply - I think I'd really get on with the role and it will be a great opportunity to 'cut my teeth' within the police family. Having co…

  9. SamDavies
    Started by SamDavies,

    Got offered a job for a PCSO role, although its very hurried as i only got offered it as someone from this recuritment drive pulled out. I have done my eyesight test, fitness and personal medical. I am mostly worried about my vetting. I had a job with cabin crew and was subject to investigation as the other woman on duty said she saw my eyes 'closed' on take off. Now this lead in immediate withdrawal from the job fully paid whilst the investigation was carried out. In the end it took 2 months to complete and it simply boiled down to her word against mine and that also because i was holding a water bottle at the time (which is not allowed) i was said to of 'failed prob…

  10. Greig87
    Started by Greig87,

    Did anyone watch tonights episode? If so, what are your comments/opinions? I know there's already a thread about the new series of Coppers, however this is aimed at the (soon-to-be) Probationers like myself and anyone looking to apply. If you are planning on applying soon, has it changed your mind or made you more determined? :sweatingbullets: if you are due to start, are you more nervous now or more excited? I personally am more excited now that I've ever been in the 2 years of application! Bring on the 21st Feb!!

  11. smia
    Started by smia,

    hi all just a quick question re: applications/paper sift in 2007 i received a fixed penalty for drunk & disorderly and in 2010 i received a fixed penalty for an expired MOT certificate, both of which were paid. in 2005 i was also arrested for harassment although this was due to a lost mobile phone still registered in my name being used for malicious purposes, in the end no charges were brought. i didn't give any information on the application as to the circumstances regarding the drunk & disorderly, so i'm a little worried about the effect this and the other penalty might have on my application, am i correct to be anxious? your advice would be appreciated!

  12. wgreen
    Started by wgreen,

    Does anyone have any updated information at all on transferees??. There is a lot of talk about forces starting or have commenced limited internal recruitment in 2012 i.e for pcsos and specials but nothing for transferees. Does anyone think it will be years before forces take transferees?. In particular i am trying to transfer into Lancashire Police from Staffordshire Police. Im aware that they have done an internal recruitment for 50 newbies coming from PCSO's and Specials only. When ive regularly contacted HR they just give out the same vague response that they dont know and just to keep checking the website for updates. Does anyone know anything especially any insi…

    fisher1546080989
  13. AJP
    Started by AJP,

    Hello everyone, I start my induction week tomorrow and Tulliallan the week after and I just wanted to post to say a massive thank you to this UKPolice online forum and it's members. I first applied to my force three years ago and having passed everything got the dreaded letter to say that recruitment was frozen and have been waiting ever since. The advice and support I got from complete strangers on this forum and the mods/admin for making this site possible has been brilliant, especially the times when frustration got the better of me and was thinking about jacking it all in. Just because I start my training tomorrow I am still going to still …

  14. peterwalker007
    Started by peterwalker007,

    Can anyone advise?? I am currently going thought the vetting process and remembered this morning that I had not disclosed that I had previously recieved 2 £30 fines with no penalty points. One for doing an illegal u turn and the other for being in a bus lane. I have contacted the recruitment team to tell them. Will this spoil my chances of getting in??

    • 2 replies
    • 302 views
  15. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    Hello. 12 years ago when I was 8 years of age, my mother became a victim of domestic violence due to a violent boyfriend she had. He was arrested a few times because of it and finally he is now out of my mothers life...We have not seen him now for about 12 years. He phoned the police and made a complaint against my mother saying that she had attacked him. (Everybody but him knew it was total crap.) He was drunk at the time. The police arrived at my house and arrested my mum. She was then de-arrested later on because the police didn't believe anything had happened. Basically, this is playing on my mind every time I think about my future dream of becoming a police off…

    • 9 replies
    • 372 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.