Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jkrobs
    Started by Jkrobs,

    Hello Guys. I don't want to bore you with my life details..but feel I have to explain from the very start my situation In May 2008 I applied to become a Special for Essex Police and was successful, I have been a Special for 4 years. At the end of 2008 I applied to become a regular with Essex Police, I passed the Paper sift, then in 2009 I had my assessment which I passed, fitness I passed also in 2009..then I got a letter saying to wait..............then 2010 a letter saying, sorry no job due to cuts. Anyway...In 2011 I noticed The Civil Nuclear Constabulary are recruiting around April time. I applied..waited ages and in December got an email saying I passed the Paper…

  2. tjosmith
    Started by tjosmith,

    Have just seen on allpolicejobs.co.uk that City of London Police will be recruiting from 15th February 2010. Best of luck,

  3. MairiAitken
    Started by MairiAitken,

    Hi There, I've just had the call from the BTP for a PCSO position. I've made it to the assesment (this weekend - very short notice). Does anyone have any advice? Feeling Hopeful :-)

  4. Jamjar
    Started by Jamjar,

    Hi all Does anyone have a list of approved footwear (duty and parade) for Lothian & Borders police ? I've had my uniform fitting for a start with L&B in the new year and was advised visit the police shop at Fettes, however I can't get down there for quite a while. I'm hoping to get a head start on the bulling but dot want spend money on shoes that aren't approved. Cheers

  5. Jasrfc1871
    Started by Jasrfc1871 * ,

    Northants are due to be recruiting new police officers very shortly for anyone interested (check out website) however they are currently accepting transferees from other forces (closing date 05/03/12) http://www.northants.police.uk/default.aspx?id=9244

    • 0 replies
    • 266 views
  6. entwistlesj
    Started by entwistlesj,

    I made a previous threat about wanting to join the police since being 8 years old. But difficult living situations and a past mistake has barred me from joining it seems for another 7 years. I have consulted the home office site on this subject and they said each case was considered based on it's own merits. Anyway I thought about becoming a special and emailed my nearest force about this explaining my circumstances and pointing out the home office's words on the matter. But I got a reply basically telling me to ########## and I cant attempt to join until 10 years after conviction for Drink Driving. Even as a special. It's something I really desire and have done for…

  7. Azz
    Started by Azz,

    Sorry for being a bother, but I recieved an online application form from Lancashire Special Constabulary around 2 days ago and am extremely nervous on filling it out. Obviously, the Police service are very strict on who they choose to interview which they have every right to be, and I just want to maximise my chances of being a sucessful applicant. Im planning on filling out a rough draft in the next week, and will have this checked by either my Uncle who is now CID and serving Police officer in London for 25 years, or the Public Services teacher at my college if he has time (Who has worked for West Midlands Police for just under 24 years). The problem is, they wont be a…

  8. James Murphy
    Started by James Murphy,

    I was wondering if anyone could help me, I would like to have a career in the police force, However can anyone clarify i once recieved a fixed penatly notice fine of £30 (Non Endorsable offence) for not having my bike helmet fastened correctly, Would this provent me from getting a career in the police force? Thanks.

  9. Tommo141

    I was speaking to my college tutor and he mentioned some Police Officers are ex-military. I wondered if there were certain regiments that Police Officers were from ? Such as the Intelligence Corps or even Military Police ?

  10. antz
    Started by antz,

    Hi all, not sure where to post this but I'm just wondering where is the best website to buy a police careers kit which includes books and DVD's on how to help you during the recruitment process with tests etc.? Kind regards, Antony

  11. sliver
    Started by sliver,

    Hi all, Both forces are recruiting at the moment and I don't really know which one to go for. Don't think there is a big difference in the initial recruitment process but what about the training and the job itself? What are your opinions/ experiences? Ta!

  12. AJP
    Started by AJP,

    Hey everyone, Just after a bit of advice. What shoes is everyone using for their parade set? I've just ordered my boots today, some Magnums which I'm going to use most of the time at Tulli but not sure about parade shoes. It just says plain black Oxford/Gibson style. There's that many that I don't have a clue. Just wish I kept my old parade shoes from my time in the military. Any help from anyone would be much appreciated. Regards Al

    BlueLightsUK1546620740
  13. Daveb123999
    Started by Daveb123999,

    Hello Just seeing if anyon else on here is starting on the 20th feb ? Anyone else looking forward to it ? Anyone nervous ? Lol

  14. antz
    Started by antz,

    Hi, I'm 18 and currently doing a national diploma in uniformed public services level 3 at college, I really want to apply for the police next year once I've finished my course, however I want some advice if I should go to University before so that I can gain a degree and apply in 3-4 years time, I know that you don't need any qualifications to join the police but would a degree be better for me? Anyone who can help I will be very grateful, especially If you are already in the Police, what did you do before you joined? Thanks.

  15. antz
    Started by antz,

    Hello everyone, I'm creating and carrying out a 6 week training programme for my college, it is part of an assignment and it is to prepare me for the police, however I don't just want to use it for 6 weeks but for the whole year and after it so that I can keep my fitness levels up, has anyone got any recommendations for a training programme that would be good for the police fitness tests and everyday life as a police officer, It would be much appreciated. Many thanks, Ant :biggrin:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.