Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Chamone
    Started by Chamone,

    I was just informed that if you have completed your 2 year probationary period in a non home office service, i.e BTP and are transfering to the MET you then need to do a further 2 year probationary period! I think this is a new bit of legislation that's come in! Has anyone heard the same?? Just looked at the MET careers website and it confirms this! Seems like a really raw deal considering an Officer transferring from BTP if on the old pension scheme would then have to join the new pension scheme, have to do a few more years and (the icing on the cake) start the 2 year probationary period again, be told your not good enough for the MET - out of a job - credit crunch etc!!…

  2. entwistlesj
    Started by entwistlesj,

    Hi people, This is my first post on here so here goes. 3 years ago this February (When I was 19. I am now 22) I had recently been made unemployed because I had been covering for maternity leave and the person came back to work and I was not offered any further employment with the company. I was struggling to find anything new, either getting no response from applications or being given interviews and somehow failing those. So I would be sat at home during the day bored and ringing round looking for work and going out every other day and speaking to companies directly. It wasnt a great time and one night very foolishly I went out driving after having a drink and was c…

  3. DarkAlex
    Started by DarkAlex,

    Bare with my panicky story. I have never been in trouble with the police. I once sold an old push bike (MTB) on ebay and had the transaction go through paypal (4/5yeara ago now). After boxing it safely and organising with Fedex to arrange a pickup and delivery. To my disbielf the Fedex man arrived to then tell me he wouldnt take the bike as he couldnt carry the box onto the back of the lorry. As I tried to email the seller they quickly filed a complaint on both ebay and paypal - in turn andundisputely (due to the amount of online crime) they froze both account my ebay and paypal account for weeks while they thus not allowing me to return any money until "Investigated" th…

  4. mattpc90
    Started by mattpc90 * ,

    Hi, just got my start date...........February 2012......so relieved , its been 3 years since i applied, cant wait although am a bit nervous, but very happy!!!

  5. PC Maverick
    Started by PC Maverick,

    Hey Just an update, thats the final stages of my recruitment done. Had medical on Thursday past and reference was recieved from employer same day. Just waiting for official confirmation now. How is everyone else getting on? Anyone got any advice for what supplies to.get before starting college?? Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 244 views
  6. Griffin1546081308
    Started by Griffin1546081308,

    Hi all; Although the original thread has been closed, I would like to keep up to date with how everyone is doing in the process and any new news. Please keep on topic, and best of luck to you all. OK, I'll start: status of application; still waiting to hear from paper-sift station applied to; Leicester Cheers

  7. maverick1
    Started by maverick1 * ,

    Anyone nearly completed the recruitment process and hoping to/starting in jan or feb intake. Be good to hear from some people who may be starting around the same time.

    • 2 replies
    • 279 views
  8. Bishop Montanha
    Started by Bishop Montanha * ,

    Good afternoon, I'm not in the police force but I am curious to the qualities that I assume a police officer are supposed to possess. I would assume that a police officer would have Good Critical Thinking skills Good attention to detail A very good ability to communicate well with others Good Investigative skills Good Problem Solving Skills I'm a software tester and I believe that we have exhibit the same skills. My question is how the police force ensures that their recruits get better at developing these skills. Do you participate in courses, natural on the job training, role-play, and book/film resources? If so, can you recommend any books/films/exer…

    Jaydee1546620346
  9. Deleted1546620702
    Started by Deleted1546620702,

    Can anyone recommend any good books that could help me with report writing? Obviously this comes with experience but I've been posted somewhere which is VERY quiet and I'm not getting much experience in this regard. Thanks.

  10. l.ach88
    Started by l.ach88 * ,

    Hi, Just registered for this forum. Thought I would just see if anyone else on here will be taking their entrance tests and fitness test on the 13th Dec? It's getting close :/ Lynn

  11. KurtisRankin
    Started by KurtisRankin * ,

    Is it possible for me to join the police force or request an application when I'm 16? And how long is the training?

    • 4 replies
    • 630 views
  12. Steve1231546620780
    Started by Steve1231546620780 * ,

    Hello All New to this forum but wonder if anybody can offer some advice or perspective on transferring to Scotland should it be through personal experience or knowledge of persons who may have gone through the process recently. I currently hold five years service with the met which i have enjoyed thoroughly. However i am giving serious consideration to transferring back to Scotland in the foreseeable future motivated partially by the fact myself and partner have never really fully settled in London and of course the draw of being closer to both my own and partners family. She is fortunate enough to be in a occupation which should allow her to relocate with relative ease…

  13. gmbunn

    Hi all, Does anybody have the scoop on near future recruitment for any of the southwest forces ie, Avon & Somerset, D&C, Dorset or BTP (wales and western)? New starts or transferees? I've spoken to the rec depts for some of them but they all say they cannot/will not be able to give out any info and just to refer back to the websites regularly. Anybody know anything? Thanks guys

  14. snowbound
    Started by snowbound,

    Just about to start my 5 weeks of role plays as a probationer. Anyone got any tips or offences/subjects I should be paying alittle more attention to! Many Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 799 views
  15. scotto
    Started by scotto,

    Hi, I have just passed my final interview with Strathclyde and I am due to start training in February. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience/stories about the division they were first posted to? I obviously have no idea where I will be going yet and it could be anywhere in Strathclyde. But how do they choose who goes where? Is it done on individual cases or is it a lottery? I am pretty flexible but not too keen on completely relocating. This is due to just buying a new house with my fiancee last month.I know the timing is a bit off but I couldn't hold up the house purchase on the chance I would be accepted. I told both sets of interviewers about my home situa…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.