Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. laurad5
    Started by laurad5,

    iv just recieved a letter saying i have failed security clearance. no explaination. i have a feeling i know why but obviously il never know for sure. i am so gutted i just dont know what to do with myself. all that hard work for nothing. is there any point trying to appeal? probably not. now i have to sit out the rest of the day at work in a job i hate. god knows what im gonna do with my life now. this was all i ever wanted to do.

    • 25 replies
    • 7.4k views
  2. standby-one
    Started by standby-one,

    A friend of mine in the training dept has been told that GMP will be taking on an intake of around 50 student officers at the start of 2012. Just something to look out for in the future! I will update if i hear anything further.................

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  3. beef82
    Started by beef82,

    im thinking of applying for the cnc. ive done alot of research on it but id like to hear from any serving or former members on what its really like on a day to day bases etc and what the recruitment stages are like. many thanks

  4. Aaronreaction
    Started by Aaronreaction,

    Hello Apologies if i have posted in the wrong thread. I am a 28 - soon to be 29 - year old post graduate who has long been considering applying to join the UK police force. I am now certain it is where i want to go next in my life. Can anyone help my out on my chances or what i would need to do next to get the process rolling? Note that i do not yet drive but am looking to begin lessons before the year is out. Thanks - any assistance would be very appreciated.

    • 3 replies
    • 665 views
  5. onepintbitter
    Started by onepintbitter,

    I am looking for a up to date audio version of the Initial Police Learning and Development Programme (IPLDP) Does anyone know where I can find this and if so how much this would be? (I like to listen to lessons could do this driving to work...obviously you are not allowed to record in force for obvious reasons) Many Thanks in Advance!

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. rodney1546620751
    Started by rodney1546620751 * ,

    Hi guys, Im new to the forum and I need some help. I applied to join Thames Valley Police as a special constable. I passed the assessment and recruitment but I got a letter the other day saying 'they can't progress with my application because my clearance hasn't been granted'. I'm really annoyed and upset, I have appealed the decision but i'm still waiting. Can the vetting department discuss with you why the vetting was rejected? I hope me decision gets overturned and I just wondered if any of you have had similar problems? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 912 views
    rodney1546620751 *
  7. Wintermute1546620094
    Started by Wintermute1546620094,

    Hello, I just had a question regarding the employer reference check, It's got me quite paranoid. I assume they ask if any disciplinary's have been made and basically I had a disciplinary in my work - It wasn't anything "bad" it was just a paperwork issue. I'm a community care worker and I had arrived quite late to a morning call due to unforeseen events in a previous morning call and by the time I finished his morning call it was coming up to this particular clients lunch call so he asked me to do his lunch call then too. However as they are two separate calls, I wrote them down as two separate calls with a half hour gap in between but there was no real gap between them.…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. ashley67
    Started by ashley67,

    Hi, im currently in the process of transferring to Strathclyde. Can anyone give me information on the shift patterns within the force?

  9. Kevanova
    Started by Kevanova * ,

    Hey guys, I'm just looking for some advice on this. I've got my interview day a week today and it's odds on that it will be a beep test. I sprained my ankle pretty badly 2 weeks ago in a football injury and despite doing all the right things it's not 100% yet. I can run uncomfortably, but when trying to turn on the beep test it proved to be quite painful and I also didn't have the right push off when I started a shuttle. I was doing the 1.5 mile run in under 11 minutes before the injury but hadn't got to training on the beep test yet so I've no idea how i'll do on it. I've done one test and got to level 7 before I stopped as I was feeling sore so didn't want to make it w…

    • 3 replies
    • 259 views
  10. wgreen
    Started by wgreen,

    Hi Im quite new to this site. I was just wondering if there is anyone out there waiting to transfer to Lancashire Police. I desperately want to transfer to Lancs, im a serving police officer in staffs but need to move for family personal reasons. Ive spoke to recruitment a few times but they were very evasive about when recruitment will recommence. Just wondering if there was anyone in the system with Lancs waiting to transfer before the big freeze. If so was your application binned?? Or are they keeping your details etc to recontact you when recruitment starts. Has anyone else heard anything. Any info would be good!!

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  11. Nykad21
    Started by Nykad21,

    Hi Guys, CNC are now recruiting for new officers and rejoiners and an email confirmed that transferee posts are also available. I quite fancy it as I do want to try a Firearms role in the future. I am aware that CNC cops do not do the traditional work of HO forces and it is more CT work and mainly Guarding! My main concerns are that the pay and conditions aren't as good as HO forces and there is no job security. Also what are the career prospects (what else can you do?) Does anyone have any views or knowledge on these points? Thanks

    chillidog1546620611
  12. AJP
    Started by AJP,

    Hi, Was just wondering if anyone knows if you can transfer an application from a Scottish force to an English one. Basically I've been assessed to the final stage with a Scottish force and would like to apply to Thames Valley. Is it possible to transfer or would I need to withdraw my application with the scottish force and start again with Thames valley? Also if anyone knows the situation with Thames Valley recruitment i.e do they have alot of people waiting to get in then I'd appreciate it. Regards Al

    • 0 replies
    • 246 views
  13. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    We've heard good reports about the guide How To Become A Police Officer. PIRT Coaching, Selection Day Mock Interviews and Interactive Tests, and Assistance with Application Forms In 2 Police Police Oracle met with several companies offering 'help' with the police application process. We believe that In 2 Police offer a superb service, contact them for further details. If you're looking for books covering the application or studying for promotion, click the below link. Police Books We wish you all the best of luck with the police recruitment application process. Police Oracle2007-06-27 14:14:44

  14. gymrat123
    Started by gymrat123,

    Yet another force to introduce it, they are paying for some of their most active specials who want to become regulars, so when they next recruit, it will be these specials who have done the PLC Course who get selected. Defo looks like PLC will be going nationwide.

    • 0 replies
    • 460 views
  15. MikuLtd
    Started by MikuLtd,

    Hi Everybody, I was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm a recent graduate, and have just got my first job at a Film Production Company, on a Film which features the Met Police Heavily. I am looking for a member of the police to have a read over the script and produce detailed notes on the authenticity of the script - ensuring that all the radio talk is correct, and that simple things such as whether one would got to the station in police uniform, or casuals etc; as well as pointing out any blinding errors we may have missed. I know how annoying it must be to watch a film and spot all the factual errors, so anyone willing to help as a consultant would be most …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.