Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kevm82
    Started by kevm82 * ,

    hi everyone, just on the british transport police website trying to upload my application form. nothing seems to be happening at all. anyone else having problems? or any advice? maybe i am doing something wrong but i dont think i am! also i tried emailing them to ask what was happening but really need a number to phone?? thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. adw44
    Started by adw44 * ,

    Hi folks,I am new to this forun and wondered if anyone has any knowledge if any Austrailian forces are accepting UK officers this year. From looking at their websites it appears they all require Permanent residency visas first,seems like the chicken and the egg. Any advice greatly appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
    jemz1546620088
  3. sect172
    Started by sect172,

    Strathclyde Police recruiting cops for a *limited period* only. Link to website - http://www.strathclyde.police.uk/recruitment/

    • 1 reply
    • 726 views
  4. amardeep8980
    Started by amardeep8980,

    Clicky for you to work out your BMI. http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

    • 0 replies
    • 169 views
  5. Susan14
    Started by Susan14,

    Hi, Thought I would try and find out how many people are in the same boat as me and maybe we could keep each other informed of our progress? So if you have applied in May and been accepted then please make yourself known ! Susan

  6. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, What are your reasons for joining the BTP? I am not joing the BTP for the money, I'm joining because it's my passion to be a police officer. I love to do the work of a Police Constable and it's why I have been a Special Constable for a little while. What do you expect to be doing when you have (hopefully) become a fully fledged BTP Police Constable? If you join BTP just because of the money, or just because you have employment you may not enjoy the job and that's not fun.

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 4.2k views
  7. pedmond
    Started by pedmond,

    RECUITMENT FOR NEW BTP CONSTABLES HAS RESTARTED. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR CONSTABLES IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS: Central London Manchester Lancaster Preston Leeds York Nottingham Newcastle Middlesbrough Doncaster Sheffield Leicester Bristol Exeter We are anticipating a high volume of applications for this role so an early response is advised. The closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 3rd July 2011. Assessment centres will be held on the 9th, 10th, 16th and 17th July 2011 for the September intake. Assessment dates for the remaining intakes are to be confirmed. PLEASE NOTE: TRANSFERS OF ASSESSMENT CENTRE RESULTS AND APPLICATION FORMS WILL NOT …

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  8. qprjack
    Started by qprjack * ,

    Hi all, I've got my day 1 assessment on July 5th for the met, does anyone know where I can download examples of PIRT questions that are going to be on the day 1 assessment? Thanks! Jack

    • 0 replies
    • 240 views
  9. EL1981
    Started by EL1981,

    Evening all, I am looking to transfer to Strathclyde in the next year or so. I am just finishing my probation and due to family reasons I am looking to move west. I am well aware of the terrible situation with recruitment at present. I have heard a rumour that recruitment will start again with our force in march-april next year. Has anyone heard anything similar about Strathclyde? I have also seen on here people talking of asking for a swap with officers wishing to move the other way. Has anyone heard anything about this? EL1981

  10. milkandcookies
    Started by milkandcookies +,

    I had my assessment yesterday, and missed a few questions out on the maths as time flew by. My trainer has said this to me: The Numerical Reasoning Test only accounts for 2.5% of the overall marks and there is NO pass mark for this exam. You don’t even need to answer a single question correctly and you can still be appointed with a maximum score available of 97.5% Is this the case, as I think i've done well on everything else.

    • 4 replies
    • 343 views
  11. 2228matt
    Started by 2228matt,

    Hello everyone.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I was just wondering if anybody knows how long it takes for the met to issue start dates after passing the day 2????????????????

  12. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Hi guys, I am one of many hoping to join the police. I was about to send off an application to join my local force's Special Constabulary when I noticed some BTP roles had came up in Nottingham and Leicester, both within 45 mins drive. Anyway, my question is, or rather are: a) If I apply to the BTP and do not make it through can I still go ahead with my specials application? (i.e. does the 6 month rule apply here). b) Can I select more than one station to be based at on my form for the BTP? c) I have done plenty of research but wondered if anyone had any information on how the BTP would be different to the normal forces? I did not go ahead with my CNC application as…

    • 2 replies
    • 724 views
  13. SpecialConstableAlex1546620718
    Started by SpecialConstableAlex1546620718,

    Almost finished my training , have 1 more exam to do next tuesday. Has anyone got any tips for KEE 3?

    • 10 replies
    • 3.3k views
  14. Chris Fletcher
    Started by Chris Fletcher,

    Hello, I was just flicking through an application for a special and came across the question about telling someone bad news. As I'm only 19 at the moment I haven't had this scenario come my way yet. I was wondering if there is another way of answering it?

    • 2 replies
    • 616 views
  15. Pualparks
    Started by Pualparks * ,

    Hi, Please can you advise me? I am considering applying for the position of Police Officer and have a dilemma. I am 42 years of age and fit the criteria beautifully, I am in very good shape and have just left my position of manager for BT after 24 years service I had 20 staff and was in a position of extreme trust and responsibility. I have all the skills required for the job and feel I would sail through accept for one thing. I have a conviction from 1988 so I guess I was 19. My Grandfather who I lived with died and I went off the rails for a short period. I was sold and electrical item in a pub that was stolen and took it into a shop and tried to get a refund for it. …

    • 7 replies
    • 838 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.