Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TheLa
    Started by TheLa * ,

    Hi there, i'll try to be brief.. Really interested in joining Thames Valley within next few years, although there may be some issues to consider, was wondering if anyone could offer some advice... 1 - I've contemplated joining as a Special Constable first, although due to my current working commitments this would be impossible - I work for the MOD and find myself working abroad on a frequent basis, usually with not much notice (which is great with a family, as you can imagine...). I have a few friends in various forces who've all suggested I apply to be an SC first, would not having Special Constable experience go against me? 2 - I've never been in trouble with the Pol…

    • 1 reply
    • 390 views
  2. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Just recieved my results for Dyfed-Powys assessment centre and passed with 57%, the only problem being they only have 48 vacancies this year and with me being in 56th position have been put on a reserve list for 12 months. I'm really torn about whether to stay with them and hope some higher placed people transfer or drop out, or try to transfer my score to another force. Do many other forces offer an over 50% or 55% pass rate? Is it Difficult to transfer scores? Is there any hope for me????? I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth here and I'm determined not to let go of this

  3. John1310
    Started by John1310 * ,

    Hi, when i was younger, i had an accident playing football and broke my wrist. I had to have metal pins put in to correct the break. My wrist is now fully functional and i have full movement and strength in my wrist. But im not sure if i will be accepted becasue i still have the metal pins in my wrist. Please any suggestions.

    • 3 replies
    • 376 views
  4. fletch776
    Started by fletch776,

    Hi all, Just a quick question to ask if anyone has failed the hearing test on their medical for the met. I had my day 2 last week and failed the hearing test due to being in the army for 5 years, and have been put on medical hold. I have seen the hearing specialist and have to return for more tests. Has anyone been through this process and what are the chances of being rejected for this. The specialist has also restricted me from doing firearms, dog handler, responce car and any other noisy enviroments. If my hearing is good enough for the army why not the police?

    • 8 replies
    • 5.7k views
  5. eafster
    Started by eafster,

    Can anyone out there tell me what exactly are the ramifications/consequences to/for the 'Organisation' (Force) breaching the Police Regulations..??!

    • 1 reply
    • 394 views
  6. redhotrocks
    Started by redhotrocks,

    Hello I haven't posted much on this forum but actively read a lot of posts and trying to keep updated with any news that people have. My situation was that I was one of the 250 applicant officers cut from Essex police in 2010 due to budgeting and In the meantime have struggled to move on with my career - I work in HR and I get paid ok etc but I'm just not passionate about it and constantly I yearn for the gates to recruitment to open again so I can have another crack at getting into the job. I miss that feeling I had when I passed my medical, fitness and vetting back in 2009 knowing that my career was falling into place and I had lots to look forward to with regard to…

  7. Hel12
    Started by Hel12 * ,

    Does anyone know, if a force prohibits you from applying to them if you've already applied to another force within the past 12 months, do they actually check past applications on a database or are you safe to apply? Thanks

  8. sam_I_am
    Started by sam_I_am,

    I joined the police 8 years ago on the mainland, moved over from NI. Always intended to move back home again into the PSNI. Like most people, applied several times and got rejected seveal times at the 50/50 part. In March 2011 the 50/50 process was terminated (apparently) as the quota had been met as recommended by Patten. So, i'm getting a little excitied now at the prospect of transferring back to NI now. Although, Mr Cameron would have to go a throw a spanner in the works by financially raping everything public! Brilliant. Anyway, The recruitment section of the PSNI website has yet to be updated. The only most recent update to the recruitment site is that there…

    • 0 replies
    • 781 views
  9. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Just to let everybody know Central Scotland Police have opened their recruitment window for police officers. Check out their website. http://www.centralscotland.police.uk/careers/index.php Unfortunately I can't apply until June. Good luck. Jonny.

  10. Molucky
    Started by Molucky,

    IS any force recruiting at the minute wether it be PCSO or Regulars ?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
    sb871546620723
  11. laura243
    Started by laura243,

    Hi everyone, i unfortunately failed my first fitness as i couldn't do the strength test, i have my 2nd test coming up in 2 1/2 weeks and would really like too hear from anybody out there who failed their first test too, what did you do too help you the 2nd time around?I know this may sound silly but i just COULDN'T get the hang of the dyno machine, it seemed the harder i pushed the lower my weight was, i think i was pushing fast rather than with effort if you know what i mean? sorry for rambling!!!

    • 10 replies
    • 566 views
  12. chris2gud
    Started by chris2gud,

    hi, currently im in the royal marines as a recruit and will be leaving due to injury, i am very interested in joining the police. i was wondering where on earth do i get a form to apply as i have been on their website and it seems that nowhere is looking to recruit more police. thanks chris owen

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    For those of you with an iPhone or iPod there is an app called Lolo Beat Burn for £2.39. The app has a number of setting: Walk Walk-Jog Run And 3 levels Begginer Intermediate Advanced You can set the session from 15-60 mins and off you go. The great bit is that it plays your music (or the in built ones) to the beat you need to run at (or walk). It also has a trainer talking to you offering motivation. It's a great app I've used it to pass a 9.4 beep test after an injury. I found having tunes I like in time with my footsteps has pushed me on loads. It's easily increased my workout by about 30%. For anyone training for a beep test this is a great…

    • 7 replies
    • 484 views
  14. nabnab
    Started by nabnab,

    Where can yuo study the #plc course within west mids area or north york/north east area?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. AJP
    Started by AJP,

    Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums. Just after some information about Northern Constabulary, I'm currently in the application process with the force but having heard much for a while and was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me or has heard anything? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 719 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.