Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    Anyone got any advice on how to lose 5kg ( or just over half a stone in a week) I have another BMI test with TVP next Weds (12th Jan) Any advice appreciated....

    Aran PatrolStore
  2. Guest vince1125
    Started by Guest vince1125,

    Hey guys, if anyone is interested here is a Medium GG Fabric Hobo Bag I found online. I don't even know what model it is.

    • 0 replies
    • 417 views
  3. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    about ten years ago my mum was a victim of domestic violence the police were called and my stepdad was arrested - my mum was not arrested but i now think i will not pass my vetting because of this? do you think it will be a problem?

  4. Derek89
    Started by Derek89,

    Hi there, i'm about to under go my final interview for strathclyde police and i am just looking for some help on what to expect questions etc. Anyone who can help me out would be awesome :) thanks again in advance. Derek

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 631 views
    Mark.1546620627
  5. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    hi my names adam and i'm 20 i was wondering if any pc's out there could advise me on what you need to do to become a police officer and any advise people could give me on how easy or hard it is getting into the police force - please help me thank you.

    • 5 replies
    • 889 views
  6. ThE_SeeKeR
    Started by ThE_SeeKeR,

    Hey guys just had my hair drug test the other day and i was just wondering on other peoples opinions. I have relatively longish hair, and within the last 3 months i was exposed to second hand marijuana smoke on a smoking terrace of a nightclub (smelt quite strongly) Would this be enough to fail you?

    • 4 replies
    • 633 views
  7. LittleBlueGuy
    Started by LittleBlueGuy * ,

    Hello all, I've read one of the pinned topics saying the main requirement for joining the Police is 18 and a half. However, I've read around the net and heard from an officer you can apply before that? I'll be 17 in May. Without exaggeration, as far back as I could remember my main aspiration has always been to become a police officer. With how long the training is, would I be able to apply in 2011 given my age? If so, when will the applications open & to better your chances of being accepted, can you apply to more than one force in the country at a time? Any extra information you can supply would be appreciated. Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 720 views
    Mark.1546620627
  8. jamie223
    Started by jamie223 * ,

    Hey folks, Im off to tulliallan tomorrow to start my course as a constable. I need a checklist just too make sure im taking everything i need. I have so far... Police Gear: Hat Body Armour Wicken Vets Epillettes Trousers Parade Shoes Utitilty belt hi viz My own Stuff: Clothes Toiletries cotton balls Polish for shoes pens notepads ruler Am i missing anything else???? thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 2.7k views
  9. ulllas
    Started by ulllas * ,

    hi all, been around for a while but this is my first post because most the info i have needed has been answered. im starting uni next year to do a policing degree. anyway i have to little eye style tattoos on my ankels which isn't a problem but for some time now ive been wanting to get something bigger on own of my legs above my already existing one. was thinking about something like this. http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/02/07/3/1319/13196208/0b/laugh_now_cry_later_4_6_large.jpg I was wondering if this would not be appropriate as i dont really want to get something that will mess my chances up and make all my effort a waste. thanks in advance and thanks for re…

    • 2 replies
    • 624 views
  10. Grendel1546620696
    Started by Grendel1546620696 * ,

    I’m looking for a career change from nursing which I have been doing for the past 16 years into joining the MOD Police since for a long time now I’ve become disillusioned by nursing and the whole NHS these days but the problem I have is at 35 would they consider me to be too old to join? Also I heard that if you have ever had any joint injuries in the past it’s an automatic medical fail? Any help and advice would be gratefully received.

  11. Derek89
    Started by Derek89,

    Do Strathclyde police offer a fasttrack scheme to progress through the ranks?

    • 14 replies
    • 1.6k views
  12. Derek89
    Started by Derek89,

    Hi Guys, Had my initial interview for Strathclyde Police yesterday. Went okay, the interviewer did say i spoke a little too fast at the end. He aslo said its 11.30 in the morning what kind of things would you be doing, i said maybe doing paperwork, filling reports, attending a domestic, getting called out on a call, maybe a fight at school or a road traffic accident, but he kept pressing for more, what else could i have said?? He also asked what the duration of the training was, i said 15 weeks at tulliallen which it says on the tulliallen website and on the prospectus 2010/2011 that it is 14 weeks, but he said this was wrong, i double checked when i got in and i was r…

    • 3 replies
    • 422 views
  13. Subzero2003
    Started by Subzero2003,

    Hi Guys, I was just wondering if living with a housemate with a criminal record for assault could affect an application for the role of PC? How does this work if you go into a house share with individuals you don't know/never met before? I'm looking to move out from my parents and i have 2 options: Live with 3 friends, one of whom has a common assault conviction. Or go for a houseshare (like those on spareroom.co.uk) where i could potentially end up living with someone with a record anyway, and not even know about it. Thanks,

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  14. smiffyd
    Started by smiffyd,

    I'm looking to transfer to Surrey in the near future and am preparing the application and interview. At first I thought these were a bit of a forgone conclusion but I'm suspecting that they are a little more than that now!! Has anyone done this recently? Is there anything in particular to put in the application, and was the interview based on the core competencies like when we applied, or on job related type stuff? Thanks in advance!

  15. ash01
    Started by ash01 * ,

    Hi My names ash, I applied for a police force about 2 years ago and when I applied I was told that I failed my vetting. I was gutted I tried everything to try and change the decision but no one wanted to help me, I then requested to see my PNC check and that came back clear. I then was asked to request for the local sytem checks the police hold where the information is kept when someone calls up etc I have no previous convictions, I work within a security role on a daily basis. When I recieved my Local system checks, it came back that my mothers ex partner had logged various malicious allergations which I have neve been contacted about. When I spoke to the force 2 y…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.