Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all, does anybody know if the North West police forces will commence recruitment again in 2011 or will I have to wait until 2012? I really want to join the police but I cant put my life on hold for another 2-3 years waiting for recruitment to begin!! Cheers Jonny

    • 6 replies
    • 8k views
  2. tongantigershark
    Started by tongantigershark * ,

    I am 18 years old and have passed the first stage of the application process, with my application form being accepted and have now been given a date to attend an assessment centre for the Avon and Somerset Constabulary. I have around 3 weeks to prepare for this, and the joys of my initial success are now being overshadowed by nerves about the next stage. I have read through all the information given, and tried to gather as much information on this as possible, yet haven't quite found all the answers and advice that I am looking for yet. I think the areas that I will struggle most with are the competency based interview, and the role play. This is mainly due to the fact …

    • 5 replies
    • 682 views
  3. marcdarep1546081229
    Started by marcdarep1546081229,

    Hello fellow readers, I applied a few months ago for Surrey Police I did the written assesment for the new role of Police Support officer, however when I did my assesment it was based upon a missing individual who had never gone missing before. It stated that when arrived at the property the family were distressed and as I went into the property I noticed torn clothing by the bin of the kitchen ? Now does anyone know of any advise from these previous, as I failed and any advise would be a better result. is there any websites to help with senarios like this ? Cheers, Marc

    marcdarep1546081229
  4. Beatnik
    Started by Beatnik,

    Hi All, Hope we're well. I was just wondering if anyone else has recently applied to Dorset Police? How did you get on with the application form? Thanks to the good folks at the Royal mail I didnt receive mine until 2 weeks after it was initially sent out by HR, managed to get it back on time but had many a late night. I guess it's now the waiting game.....

  5. Gazz
    Started by Gazz,

    Has anyone had a date yet confirming the second interview for Gwent Police Officer recruitment?

  6. afcbournemouth
    Started by afcbournemouth,

    Does anybody know of any Police Forces that are currently recruiting? I am desperate to become an officer and am willing to move to do it!!

  7. paulie1546620618
    Started by paulie1546620618,

    Hello everyone, So, I commence training in TVP starting at the end of this month, and a quick question, as the topic suggests, surrounding salary and its deductions. I am initially taking quite a drop, but can still survive, hopefully, off the £24680 starting salary. (I confirmed with the resource department that we get our £2000 local allowance on top of the base £22680) According to www.listentotaxman.com, it works out at around £1500 with my tax code. Can anyone confirm, through current experience, that this is around the real take home pay? Pension is, from what I have read on the info I was sent out, 9.5% and then other deductions such as the federation. W…

  8. thetinman
    Started by thetinman,

    Hey! I've got an assessment center for central scotland and was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice or tips to divulge? I'm not sure what to expect really, I know there is a fitness test, any help would be greatly appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 299 views
  9. Inside-Out Forehand
    Started by Inside-Out Forehand,

    In preparation for my application, I've been looking at buying one or two general texts. 'Blackstone's Preparing for Police Duty' and 'Blackstone's Handbook for the Special Constabulary' are well recommended, but they are focused around English and Welsh law. Does anybody know if there is a loose equivalent of these texts for the police in Scotland? Thanks in advance for any help.

  10. policeman1995
    Started by policeman1995,

    hi i was just woundering what qualifications do you need to get ajob in a cyber crimes unit thank you

  11. the_gould
    Started by the_gould * ,

    Just thought i would start a post for people like myself that have just posted their application for Special Constables within Strathclyde police or any force. So we can all share info and experiences. I have applied and the form is in the post so i cant wait to hear back. anyone going through the process. get in touch look forward to hearing from you all Davie

    • 0 replies
    • 417 views
  12. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    I was just wandering what peoples opinion were on whether specials should have to do the A/C before becoming a regular. I am not saying there is a yes or no answer to this and i'm sure its more complicated then this but personally i believe if you have been serving as a special and have gained independent patrol then surely you are deemed ready to be a police officer. I do realise you wouldn't be as well trained as a regular and there has already been talk about how some forces are thinking of taking on specials and then just doing the extra training that is needed i just personally believe that surely if have gained independent patrol then surely you have proved that you…

    • 0 replies
    • 532 views
  13. autopilot
    Started by autopilot +,

    I am currently in the vetting process of becoming a special. The vetting department have asked for 3 testimonials to support/verify my time self employed 4 years ago. I ran a franchise and have requested the parent company provide a testimonial. I have also given them a copy of an inland revenue tax statement and a letter from my accountant. However, they are asking me to ask previous customers for a reference/testimonial. I am having issues with this and also feel very uncomfortable doing so. I only met each customer very briefly once years ago. As well as people not remembering me etc, i'm not convinced its a good idea to let random strangers, who i don't know, who t…

  14. footyfan1546620613
    Started by footyfan1546620613,

    Hi Guys, Just wondering if anybody out there would have any idea about when Tayside Police might start to recruit again. I have spotted that Central, Strathclyde and Lothian and Borders are recruiting but numbers are small. Tayside still say due to finances they are not recruiting at the moment. I am just hoping the situation will change soon as I am desperate to get my application started again. I am hoping somebody out there may have some idea even if it is just that it will be this year. Hope someone can help. PS I have looked into specials and know they are looking to recruit in the spring but unfortunately due to work commitments at the moment I cannot apply.…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  15. janinnegibson
    Started by janinnegibson,

    Hi guys, :smiley_vomit: I just thought that i'd start a new thread due to the fact that some of you lucky ones who attended the assessment on the 18/19th have received their letters already - while some of us are still waiting for ours I hope those of you who have received theirs made it and well done - for those of you who didn't make it, chin up and don't give up!!!! I honestly feel like i am going to throw up, i can't eat or bloody sleep - i have gone though all kinds of emotions and keep thinking that they must have sent the acceptance letters out first and the rejections later! Anyway, what will be will be and if the bad news comes then it just wasn't meant to …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.