Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. marcdarep
    Started by marcdarep,

    its a long story basically my mothers ex partner was arrested for assaulting my mother back in 2009, he knew I wanted to join the police for few years so to make sure i would not get in he made loads of lies up ,I dont know what else to do as I have been trying to get this sorted for over a year. I have seen my file and I have no convictions just all this stuff he says I have apparently done does anyone know how you can get this taken off and be able to apply once this is gone. I am running out of options and I dont want to lose any chances I may have.... Hope someone could help me There must be a PC or someone who may be able to assist ?

    • 1 reply
    • 713 views
  2. marcdarep
    Started by marcdarep,

    its a long story basically my mothers ex partner was arrested for assaulting my mother back in 2009, he knew I wanted to join the police for few years so to make sure i would not get in he made loads of lies up ,I dont know what else to do as I have been trying to get this sorted for over a year. I have seen my file and I have no convictions just all this stuff he says I have apparently done does anyone know how you can get this taken off and be able to apply once this is gone. I am running out of options and I dont want to lose any chances I may have.... Hope someone could help me There must be a PC or someone who may be able to assist ?

  3. deebee
    Started by deebee,

    Hi, I heard yesterday that Hampshire have now imposed a freeze on recruitment. Anybody else heard this?.

    Paulio1546620683
  4. Paulio1546620683
    Started by Paulio1546620683,

    Hi, is anyone else waiting to join hampshire police as a police officer? I have completed everything but couldnt get onto an intake... gutted! I have been told i will have to complete another medicalas this is out of date now and i am to await further information after all this spending review. Has anyone else been told similar? Paul

    Paulio1546620683
  5. gaLcH
    Started by gaLcH,

    Hi, I currently have an application on going for the specials in Derby, the question I have relates to my parents history. They have both had there fair share of issues with the law, and my dad has spent time in prison. I know this possibly means rejection of my application during vetting check, but is there any chance I may get through? I have been totally honnest throughout, and I don't live with either of them. Has anybody else had this dilema and managed to get in?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all just checked www.allpolicejobs.co.uk today and it says that a police force is recruiting for constables transfers, and new recruits- any ideas who this force is? Cheers Jonny

    • 10 replies
    • 2.3k views
  7. afcbournemouth
    Started by afcbournemouth,

    Hi, I am due to start as a Police Officer for Dorset Police in March 2011 (As long as the budget doesn't get cut any further adn they cancel the intake) I have a pretty poor credit score and have missed a few payments on loans/credit cards and I am considering doing a DMP (Debt Management Plan) but am concerned that this could effect me. Can anyone advise me if this would be the case.

    • 1 reply
    • 780 views
    Vicarinauniform
  8. EnglishMatthew
    Started by EnglishMatthew * ,

    I've been interested in joining the Police Force for quite some time. But I have a tattoo which may minimise my chances of getting in. Here's the image - http://i56.tinypic.com/9hn9zq.jpg Ignore the text, this picture was originally shown to friends for cover-up ideas. (I'm planning on covering it up very soon, just little short on the funds.) But yeah, if anyone could give me a little insight, that would be great. Thanks.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Tim in the South
  9. theamazinglisa
    Started by theamazinglisa * ,

    ok, i have a friend who would be an EXELLENT wpc, its what she is born to be, i think she'd be loved by cops and crims alike, she is cool, calm, and confident, and can make you laugh too. She would like to join, she is strong mentally and physically, her problem is, as a child leg muscles and tendons grew at different rates, meaning that though she can run, she says , the next day she may limp a little, (i dont think anyone would dare run away from her,)and she could probably outrun them anyway, then, they would regret it ! Also, it does not show! I believe she is wasted in what she is doing now, was born to do police work, and everyone has the right, and the duty, to …

    • 5 replies
    • 292 views
  10. Mickl84
    Started by Mickl84,

    Are you allowed in the force if you have suffered a tib/fib fracture and have metalwork in place? Ta.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    Hey guys, bit of a randon question here, but does anybody know what the parking situation is at Maidstone Police College? Id hate to drive all the way there and not find anywhere to park!!!!! Thanks Nik

  12. christian1546620682
    Started by christian1546620682 * ,

    Hi In 2006 i got a caution on my record for petty theft. i was in a bad place at the time and regret it deeply. Since then i've turned my life around and i'm doing a sports coaching degree. I want to become a p.e teacher and im worried that this caution will affect this happening. it will be a couple years before i can apply for this but i just want some advice really thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 603 views
  13. Finton123
    Started by Finton123 * ,

    Hi, I am fairly new to this forum however, having wanted to be a police officer for as long as I can remember. I intended on joining 5 years ago, but was advised to get some more life experience. I decided to go to university where I got my degree in Criminology, and during my time studying I held down a job in security- as I wanted as much related experience as possible. I am aware that recruiting is non-existent at the moment and may well be this way for a long time. So as it stands I have a degree, 6 years worth of security experience aswell as experience in customer service jobs, and I have applied to join the specials, does anyone have any advice as to anything else…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 585 views
  14. DBRG
    Started by DBRG,

    Hiya - has anyone else got a date up at Ryton ? My PLC group (all five of us!) are scheduled around 5th/6th October. It all seems very real now...

  15. mmmbop
    Started by mmmbop,

    Hi All, I passed the assessment centre for Cleveland Police in October 2008, and I received a letter back in February saying that they will be conducting a Final Interview sometime in March. I was wondering if anyone else has received this letter and has heard anything since? Also, I'm not really sure what to expect in this Final Interview, so if anyone has experienced it I'd very much appreciate a head's-up on what to expect. Thanks in advance, Peter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.