Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Loaf1546620690
    Started by Loaf1546620690,

    i have recently become interested in becoming a police officer after i finish my degree. i dont think ill have much trouble with the application process, interviews, scenario role play etc. (though i will need to hit the gym if i want to be any use at the fitness test,) the main worry i have is regarding my tattoos. i have a tattoo on each forearm, neither are small and both are obvious, but i cant see how anyone could find either offensive. one is a wheel, and the other is a lotus flower with a spanner growing from it. policecouldyou.co.uk says "Tattoos are not acceptable if they are particularly prominent, garish, offensive or undermine the dignity and authority of…

    • 4 replies
    • 697 views
  2. theduke
    Started by theduke,

    Hi there, I was just wandering if anyone would be able to shed some light on a subject of careless driving. The other day I seized a young gentlemans car after yet another S59 offence. The thing is that I have just been handed some CCTV footage of the same person doing do-nuts in a public car park 4 weeks ago.(He's been shown the CCTV and admitted that it was him). Is this still classed as careless driving, and would he be able go get prosecuted for it as the car park is a public place, and his driving would fall below what would be expected of a competent and careful driver?

  3. Derek89
    Started by Derek89,

    Hi guys, I have my medical exam in the early new year for strathclyde police force. looking on the strathclyde police webite it says about a drug test and thats all. is there anything else i should expect? Also i have a slipped disc in my back but i was able to complete the fitness test of a mile and a half no bother. and get hardly any pain with it. Should this cause me any hassle in getting in? thanks Derek :)

    • 0 replies
    • 342 views
  4. emily1546620682
    Started by emily1546620682 * ,

    I'm in my 3rd year at uni, studying for a degree in Sociology and Criminology. I've recently been thinking about careers in the police, and realised I need to find out more about it! I've been told I'd have to do two years on the beat then could specialise? I'm thinking about CID/investigation/sexual crimes. How would I go about finding more info on this? (there doesn't seem to be much online!) Any help would be much appreciated :) x

  5. MidlandLass
    Started by MidlandLass,

    Hi, all. So, lots of us have had our applications (that we all worked very hard on!) binned recently. I know the forces of Great Britain have virtually no money for recruitment and, therfore, recruitment processes are unlikely to start until April 2011 AT THE VERY EARLIEST. However, I thought it might be useful to get this topic going to help each other. As soon as anyone hears the tiniest noise about a force recruiting, why not put it on here and then there is one place to come to look?? What do you reckon? From looking on their site, I know that Cambridge are considering looking at recruitment in April. It is only an "At the earliest", but worth knowing when to l…

  6. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all I've got my set on wed night with central Scotland police I havent had much time to revise so I want to know what happens if I fail? Which I probably will!!! I read somewhere you get 3 attempts at it, I take it you have to wait 6 month before you get another try? Do u have to re submit application form again if u fail?? Cheers J.

  7. lola1546620688
    Started by lola1546620688 * ,

    hello :) im not sure if any of you can help me, but i found this forum and thought i would ask. i qualify as a nurse in a couple of months and ive been thinking about looking into jobs as a forensic/custody nurse. i know that the met (i live in london) recruits custody nurses (although i would need experience), but i would never go for a job in the police without knowing what its like to work for the police. i am now filling in a volunteer application as i thought this would be a good place to start, but i dont see many roles where my skills could be useful so maybe they wont even consider me!! im applying for the victim/witness liaison role, but the question is... even…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
    lola1546620688 *
  8. britgirl1982
    Started by britgirl1982 * ,

    I realised when completeing my application form for the specials that I had provided too many previous address than what was required. I went back and removed them. I submitted my application form this morning. I have gone back to check on it and seen that the other previous addresses had not been removed. This will mean that I have provided too many previous addresses and will look like I didn't pay attention to the instructions. Is there anything I can do about this now? Will this count against me and decrease my chances of getting through to the next stage?

  9. pat89
    Started by pat89,

    I recently had a lesson on disclosure and if I'm honest its confused me. This is because the files that I completed on my 1st PDU phase we didn't complete all of the MG6 i.e. BCDE. How much involvement do we have in the material we disclose? And how do you know what to disclose? I've been reading that cases can be lost because of material not being disclosed. Also is there material that is typically left out that shouldn't be?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Tim in the South
  10. karlosswan
    Started by karlosswan,

    Morning folks More of a curiousity rather than a real question At what stage during training did you have your attestation ceremonies for your respective forces? We were set to have ours in the 2nd week of training but ive just had a call saying its been changed to to the last week of training instead. Did anyone have theirs late on? Did it mean you didnt get your warrant card until later on? Cheers Karl

  11. doncon
    Started by doncon,

    Ive got my medical soon (Wish me luck) Im a bit confused on what i should wear though, should you dress smartly and take loose fitting clothes ie shorts and Tshirt or should i go in Sports wear and take my shorts? Ive never had a medical so i am i but confused? Ive tried to call recruitment but they are not answering at the mo, Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 427 views
  12. mdeer
    Started by mdeer,

    I posted this in the Special Constables section and then realised it would probably be better to post it in this section, so apologies for the double post. Let me preface this by saying I have tried to contact the relevant people at the relevant force but I am not getting a reponse, however I have been told they were off sick last week so at least there's a reason so a reply should be forthcoming. I'm currently going through the training for SCs with the City Police, we get attested at the end of January and start patrols in February. I am however, for family reasons moving to Middlesbrough, Cleveland (my entire family lives there). I'm going to complete the training…

    • 4 replies
    • 759 views
    sykes1545925530
  13. YorkshireLaura
    Started by YorkshireLaura * ,

    I am considering a career with the Police because my current life path doesn't appear to be suiting me and it never makes me happy. I graduated top of my law degree, then went to do a prestigious masters that is targeted a barristers (achieved it not with best results). I note that I was depressed throughout this. I decided to switch to criminology with a view to research career and did a 6 month research assistant job in Public Protection (articles published). I then did a masters in criminology (research) which I struggled to finish due to depression (completing from home). A similar thing happened with a barrister course I won a prestigious scholarship for. Whe…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
  14. Pumpkin83
    Started by Pumpkin83,

    ... and I feel totally useless!!! Its one thing trying to remember the law but then its a completely different kettle of fish trying to speak/listen to the radio and be aware of whats going on around you, talk to people in a 'relaxed' manner and not say 'erm' every 5 seconds, do paperwork and remember what happens to it, how to use the different searches and computer systems, fill out paperwork, impress your pdo with your supposed potential etc...!! I'm trying to console myself and how crap I feel with the fact that I can't be the only person who feels/has felt like this once actually going out with their tutor... I have a great tutor and she gives good advice and knows…

  15. Cobretti
    Started by Cobretti,

    Hi guys, I'm getting very anxious as I have my assessment centre next month and I was wandering whether any of you have assist any of these courses that simulates the day 1 and provides help with role plays and so on.If so, would you recommend it? Cheers!! By the way, I meant 'What do you think' excuse my poor English, I wish I new how to edit the head line....

    • 6 replies
    • 916 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.