Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. buzzing
    Started by buzzing,

    I am trying to get the example ten questions in the police application form, i was given the Surrey application form PDF before but can't find it now. The Q1- Q10 are you answering about your personal feelings in a situation. I figured they would be quite similar in the next application form when it comes out in the future when the recruit again

    • 1 reply
    • 667 views
    SniperInTheTrees
  2. BluewoodFox
    Started by BluewoodFox * ,

    Hi guys I am a PCSO in the MET and have just put my application in for PC (FINALLY!!) I am pretty confident that I will pass through, but I am a little concerned about the numeracy test. I am not bad at maths but 25 questions in 12minutes isn't as easy as I thought. I have my test books and i'm finding it hard to finish all questions in the time scale. Sometimes questions are impossible to work out. I heard on the grapevine that it doesn't matter if you don't finish all the questions, as long as you get a large percentage of the ones you do complete, right. Can anyone shed some light on what to expect from the numeracy test. A few fellow officers I know said they bombe…

    • 3 replies
    • 654 views
  3. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    hello - i am wondering if anyone knows anything that could help assist my application form - for example duke of Edinburgh and cadets. ( seen as police forces wont be recruiting soon i thought i might use the time wisely and do something that i can put on my application form in the future )

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. NornIron1546620716
    Started by NornIron1546620716,

    Hi guys, i'm Dan :) Completely new to this forum, and I am looking forward to getting to know some of you :) I know there is posts about the actual requirements to join the Force, but i'm just curious about peoples personal experiences. How did current serving and past officers find the tests and training? I'm 18 years old, looking at the possibility of joining, but there is no recruitment in my area at the moment i don't believe, i'm just thinking about the future really :) Hope to hear from some of you soon ! Dan.

    • 1 reply
    • 357 views
  5. dundee bloke
    Started by dundee bloke,

    Hey guys, Just looking for a confirmation that I'm doing the correct bleep test, and doing it the correct way! I've downloaded the one here [ http://www.acpos.police.uk/Policies_FitnessStnd.html ] and hit the required 9.2 (Scotland) on my first go there. The thing is - I'm NOT very fit, and only started training 2/3 weeks ago. So, to check; * Am I ok to just touch one toe over the line and start pivoting as I do? * I was on wet grass - would the indoor "real" setting of the test trim a significant time off? (less cushion etc) * I've re-listened to the recording - it seems the end of 9.2 falls at around 6:45 - can someone confirm please? I'll keep training until my…

    • 0 replies
    • 250 views
  6. Silverwillow1546620257
    Started by Silverwillow1546620257,

    Hello, Having just received my induction pack, I'm wondering if the white t-shirts I already own will be suffice. I was hoping someone would be able to advise if the following would be ok under the college's description of 'white t-shirt' or if slightly fitted will be frowned upon. Many thanks SW

    • 12 replies
    • 1.7k views
  7. pedmond
    Started by pedmond,

    http://www.strathclyde.police.uk/recruitment/Police_Staff/Police_Custody_and_Security_Officer_(Male)/ The safe custody, care, welfare and feeding of prisoners is your priority. So you'll look after the custody, process and reception area – dealing with the public, processing prisoner information and taking samples, and where needed, supporting officers with difficult prisoners. We'll give you all the training, support and certification you'll need to do this job professionally, safely and confidently. But you'll need Standard Grades or equivalent, and experience dealing with the public and supervising the welfare of others – significant experience if you don'…

    • 0 replies
    • 617 views
  8. WannabeCopper1546620715
    Started by WannabeCopper1546620715 * ,

    I have had three dealings with the Police before as a minor. One was for cycling on the pavement, a PCSO took my details and allowed me on my way. The second was for sitting on top of an derelict building, stupid I know, someone called the Police as they thought I might jump (I wasn't going to) The PC took my details did checks etc. which all came back clear and took me home as requested by his Inspector. And the third time was when I once ran away from home. Would these dealings ever show up on a CRB check or a PNC/Background check if an officer ever did stop me again? And could these hinder my chances of joining as a special? I have put in a subject access requ…

    • 3 replies
    • 612 views
  9. BluewoodFox
    Started by BluewoodFox * ,

    Sorry if this has been asked in the past, does anyone know what the pass mark is for the MET and also the breakdown of what each area of day one is worth. I heard the Maths test is only 2.5% but not sure what the others are. Regards

    • 0 replies
    • 183 views
    BluewoodFox *
  10. DanWun
    Started by DanWun,

    Hello all, <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> Today i walked into Netley and put my transfer application on the desk and asked the MET to send my file back to Hampshire. I originally applied to Hampshire but transferred to the MET when the big freeze hit almost 2 years ago, well I’m back and waiting for Hampshire to contact me to continue the process. *Fingers crossed* So who else is applying/applied, Transferred? What stage are you at and what’s your time line on getting there? Mines... Very long! Jan 2008- Hampshire application Feb 2009- Transferred application …

  11. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, Does anyone know when exactly MDP(Ministry Of Defense Police)& BTP(British Transport Police)will begin to recruit again for Police Constables? I would appreciate responses from people who work in the MDP & BTP. Thank you.

    • 1 reply
    • 992 views
    sykes1545925530
  12. arand
    Started by arand * ,

    Hi, just wondering if there is any further news on when the above force may be opening up recruitment again?

    • 0 replies
    • 684 views
  13. mrcrazyman
    Started by mrcrazyman * ,

    hi im a special constable and have been for 3 years i was recently going to apply for full time but like others i have a trust deed as at the time it seemed to be the safest and best way to sort my debt out and now i go to fill out the form to see that it says you "should not be considered " so im in a pickle here do i stil try and see what happens or could i possible end up losing my position as a special constable too , i love my wee job and have infact managed to recruit more specials for my local force and now ..... im just lost can someone plase help me on this situation. basicy im not too fussed if i have to wait 5 years to apply but im more worried that i will have…

  14. f1slikki
    Started by f1slikki * ,

    Hi there this is my first post on here, hoping you guys can help answer some questions I have.. I have applied to strathclyde police for the position of 999 call handler, I have passed the paper sift & been informed that I have past the assessment centre test and that my file is now with the division who will contact me in due course regards the interview. Does anyone know what this interview will consist of, ie, competency based interview & role play or other??? also do you have any idea how long it normally takes to hear back reagrds interview date?? I have read a lot of posts on this site where people have passed all initial stages and failed at the vetting…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. stealth1546620711
    Started by stealth1546620711 * ,

    Hi all, I currently work in comms as a radio operator but have just seen an advertisement for vacancies in firearms.. I have 7 days to submit my application form but only 2 weeks until the fitness test.. I haven't done much fitness for a while and the level required to pass for firearms is 9.5 ! Is this possible and if so, how ? Thanks in advance

    • 1 reply
    • 316 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.