Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Beanyman
    Started by Beanyman,

    Hi, Wondered if anyone in the know could answer this, via the forum or PM ... I'm currently waiting a start date (like most of us) if at all and I have passed all stages to date and sucessfully cleared the vetting stage. My current employer needs me to reach a specific security clearance for my current role and I have to declare any previous government clearance applications. The question is, to what level is the Police vetting (SC/CTC/etc) ? I have asked recruitment and they couldn't tell me. This form is going to let the cat out of the bag seeing I haven't told my current employer I applied to join the Police 2 years ago !

    • 3 replies
    • 702 views
  2. robbocop1546620065
    Started by robbocop1546620065,

    To all those in TVP. Reluctantly, for the purposes of family reasons I'm having to look at transferring away from my force to TVP as a compromise to Dorset or Hampshire - both not currently accepting transferees nor appear to in the near future. I have some questions for anyone who can give me some realistic ideas of what I can expect in TVP & would appreciate honest feedback either on forum or in confidence via PM. My current circumstances are: 1) Self managed response officer in a rural substation covering 150ish square miles solo. 2) Intermediate driving standard 3) Non AFO taser officer 4) PSU qualified 5) Carry a relatively light workload - normally 10 cr…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.8k views
    robbocop1546620065
  3. jb88
    Started by jb88 * ,

    I've been trying to find information on transferring from vicpol (Australian state police) to the met or similar but haven't found much information on the process or wether in fact it is possible. From what I can see I would be eligible - being part of the c/wealth, the main issue seems to be a work visa. Does anyone know of any sponsorship programs or similar?? Or perhaps eligibility under skilled working visa??

  4. emma1
    Started by emma1 * ,

    I was just wondering does any one know what the elements of the assessment centre for the central scottish force are? the SET takes place prior to it and i know it envolves fitness and an interview other than that i'm in the dark. I'd love if someone could enlighten me on what exactly will happen Thanks in advance

    • 0 replies
    • 687 views
  5. Loaf1546620690
    Started by Loaf1546620690,

    I'm starting my Fdsc in policing at the University of Central Lancashire in September, and I'm rather excited about getting stuck in. I was wondering if any of you old sweats could recommend any books i could be reading, legislation i could be studying, and anything in general that i can be swotting up on to give myself a solid foundation to learn from before i start the course? I know I'll be given all the instruction and materials needed to pass the course, but I don't want to be a passable policeman, I intend to be an exceptional one. Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated. :smiley_notworthy:

    • 2 replies
    • 487 views
    Dell1546620702
  6. SpecialConstableAlex1546620718
    Started by SpecialConstableAlex1546620718,

    Hi all, Im currently doing my specials training at hendon almost finished my 2nd week. Anyone here doing it to?

    • 0 replies
    • 741 views
    SpecialConstableAlex1546620718
  7. NornIron1546620716
    Started by NornIron1546620716,

    Hi guys, i'm completely new to this, and i'm just wondering, what exactly is a student officer, what does it entail, and how do you go about becoming one ? I'm trying to exercise all my options these days, and trying to get as much information as possible :) Thanks in advance ! EDIT: I do apologize to people if they have answered this one before, i'm just trying to get as much info as i can, and what better to do, than ask a bunch of experienced people :)

    • 11 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    So, 8 months on and the situation has changed again!!! Few questions i have if anyone can help? - Will recruitment for constables be done from the pool of specials? - Will those who were rejected be eligable to pick up where they left off i.e. just waiting for vetting or start date - Anyone actually know what the crack is now??? Stu

  9. rav1546620716
    Started by rav1546620716 * ,

    Hi, I'm new here, I have been thinking of joining the Met Police. I am currently working in a profesional job but I haven't enjoyed it and am thinking of applying for PCSO this year with view of joining force in 2012 hopefully should they decide to recruit next year. Would the best route to keep option open be to apply to become PCSO in summer time? I am currently not as fit as I would like to be therefore plan on hitting the gym before I apply for PCSO. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  10. buzzing

    I heard that you have to join the specials to get in to the Metropolitan police as an officer, can you join the specials in Hampshire or somewhere and use that as a stepping stone to being a Met police officer or do you have to be a special in London. I just live over two hrs from London and would rather do my special duty more locally. Also, do Hampshire require you to have been in the specials?

    • 1 reply
    • 465 views
  11. SpecialConstableAlex1546620718
    Started by SpecialConstableAlex1546620718,

    Hi everyone, Ive started my training to be a special constable and have just completed my first week. I have exams coming up soon, does anybody know if there is a website were i could get some mock tests with multiple choice questions? topics included: robbery, theft , burglary etc.. any help would be much appreciated

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  12. thedonkey
    Started by thedonkey * ,

    Hi Guys, Really want some help here, I've always wanted to be a copper but came out of school and went down the route of mechanics and became a rally car builder for MG Rover and then later total control racing. Three years ago my heart stopped working and I was subsequently fitted with an implanted pacemaker. This does have certain restrictions within life, one being that I can no longer be a mechanic as cannot be around welding or plasma cutting. I just wanted to know if anyone has a firm answer on whether or not this would automatically exclude me from applying. oh and btw im male 24 yrs old in west mids if that helps.

    sykes1545925530
  13. Rob92
    Started by Rob92 * ,

    Hi, My ambition for the past 3 years has been to join my local force and I applied within months of turning 18 only to find they were only taking a small intake. I then spoke with some of the local Policemen/ women and they advised me the best way forward would be to apply as a Special so I did. I passed my Written Exam, Interview, Medical and Fitness test. The same day I passed my Fitness I was given a timetable of my week's Training and spent the two weeks up to my induction course studying the books i was given and I even have a letter confirming my acceptance within the force. I was then written to on the Friday before I was due to start my training advising due t…

    sykes1545925530
  14. Emerald1546620707
    Started by Emerald1546620707,

    Hello to whoever reads this, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I passed the application stage (I was actually really shocked, I had to check the e-mail several times) and I have been invited to attend the interview and assessment day. One of the strangest things I'm worried about it what to wear, I'm female and I was planning to wear black trousers black heeled boots/shoes and a blouse, but I'm not sure if I should get a suit jacket to go with it or if the trousers and blouse would be enough? I don't want to be too overdressed if I go wearing a suit jacket as well, or if I seem under dressed if I don't. Also should I wear a long sleeved blouse or a short sleeved one?…

    • 3 replies
    • 350 views
  15. Petar

    I was born in Poland, and at the age of 16 was charged with domestic violence for having fight with my 15 year old sister. It wasn't that serious, we had a fight over TV remote control... The court fine was to see social worker for 6 months. After that, it's been permanently deleted from my record, and under the laws of Poland, I am considered unconvicted. Few years after, I came to UK to study, and finished both, undergraduate and master studies at University of Edinburgh. Now I hold UK citizenship, and intend to join police forces. 1. Should I disclose the information above at the time of application? 2. How will it affect my chances to join police forces? 3. Is …

    • 4 replies
    • 765 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.