Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. wee_squaw1546620736
    Started by wee_squaw1546620736 * ,

    Hi I am new here. Am due to attend an Assessment centre this Friday in Stirling for Central. I've been fast-tracked and so have not had by far anywhere near as much time as I would like to prepare and research. If I am successful in joining the force it will be a complete career change for me - joining the police hasn't been a life-long ambition as it were and has only recently presented itself to me. So pehaps I am not as clued up as many who frequent this forum. I have very little idea at the moment what is involve in the assessment centre and as such am looking for as much help/advice as poss from you guys on the forum. The only thing that Central sent me is a pp pr…

  2. Newbie26
    Started by Newbie26,

    Its terrible times a head, More than 34,000 police jobs will be lost by 2015 as part of Government cuts, Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary has said. Please read the below link - http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Police-Jobs-More-Than-34000-To-Go-As-Part-Of-Government-Cutbacks/Article/201107316034721?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_16034721_Police_Jobs%3A_More_Than_34%2C000_To_Go_As_Part_Of_Government_Cutbacks :whistle2:

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. kraggy1546620736
    Started by kraggy1546620736,

    Hi there, I am planning on applying for the police in the UK. I'm from the Republic of Ireland and while I know that I qualify to work in the UK, I was wondering if there is anyone here that would know if the rule about having to have lived in the UK for the 3 years leading up to the time of application applies to us Irish as well as other European nationalities? Also, I realise that there is no height restriction officially, but are there (m)any police officers (male) who are 5 feet 8 or under? Thanks.

    • 7 replies
    • 870 views
  4. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I thought I'd start a thread to discuss any applications to Notinghamshire police this year. I spoke to recruitment today and they said they were probably opening for applicants early next month. I also asked vetting about my debt issues that GMP failed me on last year and they seemed pretty positive so hopefully things will work out. Anyone else planning to apply next month?

  5. Deb
    Started by Deb,

    Hi Guys I have my initial interview coming up soon for Strathclyde police, any useful tips??? I am extremely nervous!!!!! Thanks everyone!

    • 0 replies
    • 321 views
  6. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all, British Transport Police are currently recruiting for Transferees and Re-joiners.... https://www.btprecruitment.com/Vacancies.asp

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all as anybody ever applied for the Police in USA or Canada before? If so how did you go about it and how did you get on with your application? Cheers.

    • 5 replies
    • 739 views
  8. xJoJox
    Started by xJoJox * ,

    Got my Day 1 tomorrow! Anyone else so i don't feel as nervous as i do right now?!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 136 views
  9. Elise26
    Started by Elise26,

    Does anyone know if you can still pass the medical if you have an epipen? does it vary between forces or is it just a 'no' across the board?

    • 4 replies
    • 574 views
  10. jro14
    Started by jro14,

    Couple of queries which maybe others on the assessment this weekend could help me out with.... The presentation - As it says no visual aids or notes, is everyone else just planning on standing up and speaking for 10 minutes? Just wondered if people were producing handouts or anything else to make it more "presentation" like. Seeing as power point or handouts probably count as visual aids I have not, and have just been just practising memorising my speech in front of the mirror each night! Numeric Computation - Will we be allowed paper to work out our answers on? I have only ever sat the SET's for a scottish force so if someone could clue me up please, I just want to be …

  11. 6Baz
    Started by 6Baz * ,

    How do all, I'm a serving West Mids officer with 4 yrs in, I'm seriously considering transferring over for a better quality of life etc... as I already live in Telford the journey into Brum each day slowly gets on your nerves after a while Can anyone give me an idea of the shifts, where does response operate from, general hours of working, handovers/overtime/staying on, whats its actually like? I'd rather the truth than someone just saying "yeah its ok" Do you work single crewed or is there enough on the shift to be double crewed all/most of the time Lastly, whats the corsa's about? how the hell do you get a fighter into custody in the back of a 3 door corsa?? Hopefu…

    • 22 replies
    • 5.1k views
  12. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi all Another day passes with no email nor phone call. I applied on Sunday the 19th of June for London Underground and 2 stations for London North. If people don't hear anything by the 17th of July it means you have likely failed as I have read on this forum. I will wait till the 17th of July but if I hear nothing till then, than I'm sure I have failed. I hope I have passed. Who has applied on the 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th or 21st of June and have not got a call nor email to say they have passed? Who believes this is possible they sent my application with others that where sent on the 20th and 21st and they just have not recieved the results yet from marking? I hope th…

    • 4 replies
    • 711 views
  13. Etta
    Started by Etta * ,

    I initially had problems accessing the Application Form, however, these have now been rectified. However, there is some confusion over whether the application should be typed or handwritten? The guidance on the website advises to save the Form and upload to the site when completed, however, later section of the form refer to handwriting and grammar. is anyone able to confirm if it should typed or handwritten???? thanks

  14. gaznos1546620070
    Started by gaznos1546620070,

    Hi all, anyone else got an interview with cheshire next week, would be interested to know the order you have been through the process....i passed my papersift with gmp, did the assessment with gmp but failed by 1% however i was allowed to transfer my application to cheshire....they then proceeded straight to the in depth background checks and next is the interview before fitness etc....anu thoughts welcome thank you.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.3k views
    mrngorickets *
  15. LittleBird99
    Started by LittleBird99,

    Hello are you able to apply to more than once force at a time if one of them is in England and the other in Scotland? This would be short term situation until a situation is resolved regarding my husband's employment. Then one of the applications would be withdrawn. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 680 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.