Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. BlueLightsUK1546620740
    Started by BlueLightsUK1546620740,

    Good evening folks, I've got my Force Panel Interview this Tuesday (13th ominously!)and have a question about one of the core competencies and my example for it. I'm sure most people on this site will know the core competencies but the one I am on about is that of 'Resilience'. I have good examples for the the other 6 - and for all I know this could be quite adequate for Resilience - but wanted to run this past other recruit candidates/serving officers. I work in the administration department of a local supermarket, which gives me good grounds in paper work, prioritisng and dealing with the public through phone calls/charities etc. However, as I am one of the bigger …

    • 2 replies
    • 421 views
    BlueLightsUK1546620740
  2. gymrat123
    Started by gymrat123,

    So instead of waiting for the met to maybe let me do a PLC, once I get IPS, im going to look at just paying to do it myself, have it, and use my old day 1 results from 2 yrs ago which they have kept valid because I was one of the 2000. Anyone who has done it either with a constabulary, or at one of the 3 colleges that do it, could you please give me some advise. Money isnt really a problem, but I would prefer not to have to drive up to some rubbish college a number of times a week.....anyone got some usefull advise? I have a flexible career, that would allow me to spend the time to study for it etc

    • 5 replies
    • 735 views
  3. dundeerower
    Started by dundeerower * ,

    Accidentally put the wrong flat number for my university halls, but i had nothing registered there and still lived at my family home for most of the year, and it was two years ago and i have lived in two other places since. I have absolutely nothing else that could come up on my vetting, no criminal records in family or myself, and no financial problems. Will it even be looked into?

    • 1 reply
    • 481 views
  4. James-m
    Started by James-m,

    Hey, I'm progressing through recruitment with Central Scotland at the moment and if all goes well will hopefully be starting Tulliallan in December. Just wondering what happens with the college over Christmas. Does it stay open or is it closed over Xmas and New Year? If so, what happens to the students? Surely we wouldn't have learned enough in a few weeks to help out with beat duties as some other posts have suggested happens when the college has a summer break. Do we get the time off using annual leave? Thanks Jim

  5. jess4958
    Started by jess4958,

    Hi everybody. I have just passed my interview for Central Scotland and i'm waiting on training start dates!! I'm just after any recommendations for law/procedure books anybody has used and found helpful. I'm aware they are out there but want to choose the right ones!! Any help will be hugely appreciated. Thanks :) Jess

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  6. Craig4381
    Started by Craig4381,

    If a person were to receive a formal warning for cannabis when would that person be able to receive a second or is there a time frame ?

    Jaydee1546620346
  7. AJP
    Started by AJP,

    Hello everyone, With the immenent announcement that Scotland's eight police forces being combined into one force I thought I'd start a thread to hear people's views on what they think of the idea. For myself who is waiting for Northern to open up recruitment again(in the pool of successful applicants), my concern is that when they go to a single force, what will happen to all the people who are in the recruitment process with their respective force. Do you think they will start again with one centralised recruitment process. I hope not as I've been waiting for nearly two years and I think if they asked me to do it again I'd tell them to poke it!! There w…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. jen14
    Started by jen14,

    < ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><> Help! I need to move to Warwick or the West Midlands area as my husband works there. I currently have 4 years service at Greater Manchester Police and live in North Manchester. I was in the process of transferring to West Midlands Police but after 7 months of waiting and being allocated a station they pulled the plug on all transfers. I have tried Warwickshire Police (where I want to live) and the 6, YES 6, forces that border it, none were accepting transfe…

  9. Mariakeep
    Started by Mariakeep,

    Where so I start.......I was investigated as a detention officer as a collegue gave the wrong detainee medication.I thought he had reported this and spoke to the Doctor as he went in to the cupboard and got new medication out.A few weeks later I told a collegue about this,who then spoke to the custody manager who then started in the investigation. Alll happened when I was very new and my collegue had been there for years.My collegue resigned straight away and as I did nothing wrong I stuck in there and was happy to get investigated. I got a final warning from The company I was working with but the police authority that the company was working for wanted me of the cust…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 638 views
  10. mshep10
    Started by mshep10,

    North Yorkshire are starting recruiting Monday 8th Feb The hotline will be open for a maximum 5 days from Monday 8th February between the hours of 5pm and 8pm only 1000 applications tho

  11. binx1310
    Started by binx1310,

    Hi everyone I am 23 and been out of uni for 18 months having gained a masters degree in chemistry. I have always been interested in the police and am keen to join up. I am currently in a pretty stable job that I hate. Basically my question is: does anyone know when suffolk r surrounding forces (or even BTP) will be recruiting again? Is there anything I can do in the meantime to help my chances of acceptance? Working on my fitness is a major thing. Would being a special help my chances into the force proper? Or is there any work experience kind of stuff that would help? Thanks for any responses Will

    • 1 reply
    • 591 views
  12. kraggy1546620736
    Started by kraggy1546620736,

    As per title. Just looking for people's thoughts on this. Do you reckon it helps one's application if they serve as a Special for a while before applying?

    • 4 replies
    • 801 views
  13. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Who is recruiting now? I know the CNC are, is anybody else? Cheers

  14. pk850
    Started by pk850,

    As the description says, what actually happens there? i know they do some role play things and that but i'm not to sure what the actually do.

    • 1 reply
    • 341 views
    Griffin1546081308
  15. btp__officer
    Started by btp__officer,

    BTP are recruiting for those that are interested https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94176B1320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.