Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dov21
    Started by dov21,

    Hi I am looking to submit an application to Fife Constabulary and have a slight concern about the vetting process. My girlfriend's sister, who we have absolutely no contact with and havent had for a number of years now, has a criminal record. As far as I am aware, her record involves benefit fraud but I dont know what else. I know its a difficult one to answer, but in peoples opinions, do you think this will have an impact on my application? Maqny Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 432 views
    Scotia1546081133
  2. znra251
    Started by znra251,

    I'm thinking of transfering to Herts and had a look at the website where it describes travel concessions on First Capital Connect trains between Bedford/Luton and London. This would be quite useful to me and wondered if any Herts officers can give me some more details. Is it a free concession on this line, a discount, membership card or another form of concession? Any advice much appreciated

    • 0 replies
    • 575 views
  3. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Just a question for anyone who has gone through the medical with dyfed-powys, was wondering how the day goes and what is involved, any advise would be appreciated :)

  4. kikipot
    Started by kikipot,

    How do you approach the Police as an interpreter or to become one?

    • 2 replies
    • 580 views
  5. Gaoler12
    Started by Gaoler12,

    Hello everyone, Can anyone help ?????? Ive just started my Vetting with the BTP and I'm a little worried about my Financial side of things ??? I have two Defaulted Credit Agreements and i pay them back Monthly ? Do you think this will be a problem ??? Please can anyone help because I'm worried i can't even sleep thinking about it !!! I know that is states on the website that it will review this by case by case but has anyone had this problem ? :smiley_vomit: Thanks Tank12

  6. Rocky1546081496
    Started by Rocky1546081496,

    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd start up a post for those of you, like me, whose Police Constable application has been frozen 'until further notice' so we can update each other if we get any news on any possible progress. I applied to Merseyside Police in 2009 and after full completion got a start date for June 2010 until boom!- the budget slightly messed things up for me, and Im sure many of you are in the same boat and feeling just as frustrated and uncertain as to what the future holds. Anyways, If anyone has any info on what the next year may or may not bring or to just vent out ur feelings too, then please do so.... Good luck to everyone in the s…

    • 0 replies
    • 547 views
    Rocky1546081496
  7. Maverickfb
    Started by Maverickfb * ,

    I have passed everything (MSC) but waiting for vetting whilst the rest of the co-candidates have also passed vetting, I have called the vetting team today they said they are waiting for one more thing without detailing what is was exactly,it is to take another two weeks for result, despite being heard the words "two weeks "every time I phone them, I have checked my credit file today which indicates that they did a search (association of chiefs) three weeks ago so would suggest that they are not clearly waiting for my financial history can't think what else it could be. I have left the military few months ago with exemplary service record and having SC clearance with the…

    Volunteer south
  8. Volunteer south
    Started by Volunteer south,

    Im just wondering if it might become a problem for me the fact that i have no family members in the uk? The form does not ask me to name them but i wonder if this will be an issue? I came here alone (from south america) and never any of my relatives lived here. I have now a british citizenship in case someone will ask. Thax :-)

    Volunteer south
  9. onurlevent

    Hi guys! I have an interview coming up for a Met Volunteer, I was wondering what to wear, Would a suit be too much? What do you think? Is the volunteer process difficult to get through and does a volunteer (office) have to wear some form of uniform? Just general questions, Thank you. Oz :wink:

    Volunteer south
  10. streetsweeper
    Started by streetsweeper * ,

    I'm hoping that someone on here could help me! I'm a copper in canada. I've been working over here for five years and have two and a half years as a Police Tactical Officer (S.W.A.T). I'm a British Citizen and ex Squaddie. I've been throwing around the idea of moving back to Blighty and I want to get all of my ducks in a row before I make any rash desicions. I have a couple of questions about joining the Police Service in the UK. 1) I have never served as a Police Officer in the UK and therefore hold no Home Office qualifications. Is there any chance I could get hired as an experienced officer or would my experience not count for anything in the UK? 2)How many ye…

  11. Eoinf

    just a quick question. can you still join the police after being medically discharged from the army due to hearing problems.

    • 2 replies
    • 991 views
  12. Sam-E
    Started by Sam-E +,

    Hey, Just wanted to know if having a degree will guarantee you to be accepted when you mention it in the application process for the regulars? Or if studying a degree whilst applying to the Specials guarantee you an interview? i.e Say if there's 3,000 going for 250 special constable places and about 150 are studying degrees/have decent experience, could that guarantee a place for an interview? Just a brief question, thanks.

    Tim in the South
  13. churchill Cardiff
    Started by churchill Cardiff,

    I have just recieved a letter stating that i have failed my vetting process without stating any reason. i have no previous convictions or cautions, as well as no family memebers i am aware have. i have been out of contact with my parents for the last 2 -3 yrs as they live abroad and due to disputes not knowing where they are exactly apart from the country. i feel at moment like this letter has really put back my whole career and ambitions of joining the force. could someone please advise on how exactly to start the appeal, how can i appeal of i dont have the slightest of ideas of why it is i have been declined. any help would be appreciated as i do plan to appeal but just…

  14. jdholt1976
    Started by jdholt1976,

    Evening all! Just thought I would set up another thread for people who have passed AC and had medical. Well done and good luck! The wait starts again!!. What areas/stations have you applied for?. I've applied for NE at Leeds and Doncaster.

  15. jess4958
    Started by jess4958,

    Hi Everybody, just wondering if anybody is in the same boat as me and waiting on start dates for the College? I'm becoming increasingly worried that the go ahead of the reform will result in a recruitment freeze or certainly a delay! (Paranoid i know!). Any opinions/knowledge on the subject will be greatly appreciated! Thanks Jess.

    • 22 replies
    • 2.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.