Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I was wondering if anyone could help me on a few issues? As an undergraduate about to start my final year in September is it wise to apply (if the opportunity arises) whilst still at university asI don't know how long the application process takes? Also what does the whole application process involve? I've seen on people's signatures things like paper shift etc and I've no idea what they involve! Thanks!
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I have been reading through a few topics on the board and now I'm feeling much more nervous than I was originally. I start next month and whilst I was quietly comfortable about what is it to come, after reading a few posts it's hightened my fear! Now am wondering if I really will be able to cut the mustard. I'm already worried about the fitness - having been ill for a few months my fitness isn't as great as it should be. I was ill when I took the fitness test but didn't realise - just wondered why the room was spinning and I scraped through at 5.4 :smiley_vomit: I can job 3 miles quite comfortably but it's a struggle. This was my only concern but now I am r…
-
-
- 4 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've just turned 18 recently and I am in the early stages of getting my health and fitness levels to a high standard as I wish to join the Police Service at some-point during my near future. (Was thinking around my early to mid 20's) I was wondering if you think my tattoo on my right upper arm would effect my application process? The tattoo is around 1 inch above my elbow line, and is around 7/8 inches tall and 4 inches wide. The tattoo reads "Where words fail, Music speaks". (See image bellow) Thanks for your time. Samuel. x
-
Hi everyone, I'm due to start with BTP in September and I was wondering if anybody took blank notepads & pens on their first day? I asked my Dad (Met PC for 14 years) and he said not to as they will give you everything on the day. He training at Hendon when back when you lived there, have things changed? Many thanks, Dan
-
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/3920
-
So guys, why are you an aspiring officer or if already lucky enough to be one, why did you join? For me, since graduation I have learnt a lot in the commercial world but I know that sitting behind a desk for the rest of my career is not enough for me. I want to make a difference and I want to do a job that I'm proud to wake up and do. I know it will be hard and dark at times but my best attributes have always been my personality and character, two fundamentals to successful policing.
-
-
- 6 replies
- 958 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2010/09/30/west-midlands-police-to-axe-more-than-2000-jobs/
-
Hey all, I'm 20. I've been interested in joining the Police for years now - though with all the budget cuts and what not I don't see me joining any time soon. I had previously applied as a Special when I turned 18 but didn't even get past the application phase. I have previously been a Police Cadet for Merseyside Police and I also had my work experience with the Police. Since leaving Sixthform I didn't go to University and instead opted for full time working experience - I've been working as a domicillary care worker for adults for exactly a year now and whilst it's nice helping people I seriously need to get out of it and do somthing else. I also done a little bar wor…
-
Currently in module 3 and I recently sat a pre-requisite test to gain entry to module 4 but failed, so they are delaying my acceptance to module 4, meaning I wont be going back up to the college with the rest of my intake. I failed by 1 mark so thought they would still grant acceptance to module 4. I feel I let myself down with preparing for the test and didn't study as much as I could have. I generally cram for tests and was intending on doing this for the actual tests at Tulliallan, where as I prob misjudged my knowledge and thought I could pass the pre module 4 test comfortably. As a result and Im being moved to monthly reports. Has anyone been in a similar situatio…
-
Hi there, I wanted to ask if anyone here submitted an app for BTP after the 3rd July which has still been processed? Obviously mine isn't, but i wanted to know if there were any precedents set elsewhere which could give me grounds to challenge. If there are applicants whose late apps are being processed - i can assure you that i will not mention the forum or profile names in my comms. Feel free to PM me too if you'd rather not have anything noted publicly. I know i'm clutching at straws - but nothing ventured and all that! Thanks all Heardy
-
Hi All, I start at Tullialan on 1st August and I am trying to locate ladies Parade shoes. So far all I can really find are male ones unless I want to pay a lot of money. Does naybody know if I should go ahead and buy the male shoes. I am a size 7 and they would fit no problem but I don't want to turn up in mens parade shoes and look stupid. From what I can see there is not a lot of difference anyway. Does anybody who has been for their training no if thats what the females wear anyway Any help
-
Hello new to the forum :) I have a quick question. Im planning on applying for the police in the next couple of days. I spoke to a friend and he said i can go to a police station and request a "DPA" and it would cost around £9.95. This "DPA" would give me all the details the police have about me ie if i ever got a warning in the past etc. Is this true? Reason i ask is when i fill the application out i dont want to miss anything out that i cant remember that happened when i was a kid (really cant think i have ever been spoken to by the police!). Thank you
-
Hello all, Im new to this forum and i am currently applying to the CNC. Is anyone else at this stage at the moment? I was suprised not to find any topics for the CNC in here, so started this one...
-
- 5 replies
- 2.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Has anyone applied to the BTP PCSO roles? The other thread is dominated by the PO roles.. so if anyone has it would be good to pool our stories.
-
Hi all, Im interessted in joining the civil nuclear constabulary from reliance, and have a few questions. 1. How is a prisoner custody officer viewed within the CNC? I joined reliance mainly to bolster my CV as i have been turned down by a ho force as i was caught peeing in an alleyway august 07. Will this be a big issue, i was told by a ho recruitment officer that probation is 2 years. 2. My auntie was arrested but not charged at a CND protest in the 80's. Is this likely to be brought up? (im for nuclear btw) 3. Do the CNC expect every new applicant to be a gun nut? 4. Is being fire arms trained an open door to ARU in the ho force i hope to end up in? Cheers