Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. johnb87
    Started by johnb87 * ,

    I am filling in an application for tayside constabulary, about 2 years ago i got a fixed penalty notice for breach of the peace, I wasnt arrested or refered to the procurator fiscal or anything it was a fine from the fife constabulary, does this need to go on the application form, and do you think this cause me to fail the vetting.

    Alpha Victor 11546620647
  2. Hebuckl
    Started by Hebuckl * ,

    I had my initial interview yesterday, I'd learnt all about Strathclyde, the area, the divisions, population, square miles, divisional commander, I couldn't find the nine strands of diversity but I'd learnt the six I could find. I got asked a lot about the Scottish police college and think I came across unprepared. They said things like well you'll need to know this for your final interview. I also got asked about conflict and think I dealt ok with some of the questions, slight confusion with equality and diversity question but think it was ok. I didn't have my discharge papers, but I'll sort that. I guess I'm just worried that if I didn't know enough about the police…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 627 views
  3. weeme
    Started by weeme * ,

    I am in my later 20's and would like to apply to GMP in 2013. I have been reading through this forum for the last 2 days and have enjoyed reading about the job, even though some of it is a bit grim but I'm not naive so was expecting it. Anyway, I have in the past suffered from depression and self-harm and was on medication for 3/4 years but have been good for the past 2 years. I am guessing this needs to be declared on my application and will be discussed and they are looking for people who are mentally stable as the job is stressful, I am, I wouldn't ever put myself in the position of getting back to that dark place ever. My cousin applied and got refused because of her…

    • 6 replies
    • 935 views
  4. LittleBird99

    Hello I failed to get into a Scottish force and was told would have to wait 12 months to re-apply. If I wanted to apply to English force do I still need to wait 12 months or can I just apply any time? Thanks

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 398 views
    Tim in the South
  5. County_homeboy
    Started by County_homeboy,

    Hey guys has anybody heard anything about any of the following taking on transferring officers in the near future? im interested in Staffordshire Greater Manchester west mercia Btp Derbyshire any gossip greatly received

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. gst_999
    Started by gst_999,

    Does anyone have any ideas on when transfer opportunities are likely to open up in Wales - particularly for Sergeants or PC's. My wife has recently got a job near Cardiff and I need to transfer up as soon as humanly possible as commuting to Sussex is getting quite annoying. Thanks for any help or updates!

  7. Burty1546620745
    Started by Burty1546620745 * ,

    Hi, Not to sure how to word this without seeming stupid, I have just done my 3rd week at hendon doing the PLC course. Now i have managed to get ahead with the work books but am finding it hard on what to revise from! Can anyone help please

  8. Smithy12345
    Started by Smithy12345 * ,

    i am in the process of applying for a call handler role, Its something i have wanted to do for many years & i am having a complete mental block when completing the form. I want to get this right the first time so i am just looking for some help/advice on what i need to mention on the form etc. Thanks in advance.

    sykes1545925530
  9. Aaronreaction
    Started by Aaronreaction,

    Hello, Apologies if this is a silly question - i have only very recently decided that a life in the police force is for me. I'm being told there is a recruitment freeze yet i see many posts talking about training and becoming student officers! Any help? Also, i just need this clearing up - how long will i have to wait before i can apply? Am i wasting my time? Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. x Lou x
    Started by x Lou x,

    Any suggestions of where to buy parade shoes for Tulliallan, reasonably priced?

  11. miller2552
    Started by miller2552,

    due to start PC training in January 2011, can anyone suggest any pre-read books to help me begin to digest what I am going to learn in my first 26 weeks, thanks.

    sykes1545925530
  12. Sgt suburb
    Started by Sgt suburb,

    Hello all Is anybody aware of any plans to reopen transfers to met firearms after the olympics? The Met TST recruited a while ago and wondering if the ARV's or heathrow would be looking to replace officers retiring after the olympics Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 660 views
  13. fcklm38
    Started by fcklm38,

    Passed the fitness but failed the paper test. Do I need to do the fitness test again when i resit the SET in the future? Probably next month hopefully.

    • 2 replies
    • 235 views
  14. imaginarydanny1546620760
    Started by imaginarydanny1546620760 * ,

    hi all. i have just been booked in for the medical examination at the end of november. i was under the impression it only lasted 3 months but have got information about a start date being in march. is this right? thanks all oh ive just registered so hello to everyone.

    imaginarydanny1546620760 *
  15. louise1546620616
    Started by louise1546620616,

    Hi, was wondering if anyone could offer any advice? I applied to become a PCSO 2 months ago to a force, and failed at application stage, I couldn't understand why as passed with the same application 1 year ago to become a police officer. Am I allowed to apply to another force, or do I have to wait 6 months. Just I have applied to another force, as a PCSO, but completely forgot if I should have or not. Many thanks for any response given. (missed out the 'c', in application in the title at top)

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.