Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all could anybody tell me abit more about civilian detention officers?? what is the job like etc? Also what questions you could be asked at an interview for this job? cheers Jonny boy!

    • 6 replies
    • 3.7k views
  2. ArranMinshell
    Started by ArranMinshell,

    Hey Guys ! Just a quick question really but one that will be really important for us all to know, what experience would help you gain entery to the police ? I am currently doing a Uniformed Public Services course which i know Police Forces look for. Soon i would like to get a job as a bouncer/door staff for a nightclub or something along the lines of that. I presume this would be good experience as would working with Young people with the rise of Anti Social Behaviour caused by youths. Many Thanks Kind Regards Arran

    tubbymonster1545925594
  3. JeffaCake
    Started by JeffaCake,

    Hi, I'm new on here but been following the website recently and people seem to be very helpful and hope you can help. Over a year ago I applied as a PC for MET police and achieved a score of 50%, 5% short of the pass mark. I was initially gutted at how close but pleased in the fact it was close and they kept my on file and said it was a possibility of filling a PCSO role instead. Then the cuts. Heard nothing so have decided to enrol for a PLC course at Merrist wood due to start in September. My question is if I was to pass the course 60% or above would it be enough to field a strong application for surrey? I'm hearing many of the students are already officers or specia…

    • 3 replies
    • 628 views
  4. Donks37
    Started by Donks37,

    Just in case anyone wanted to know Surrey(again!) and Wiltshire are recruiting PCSO's for a limited time!!!!

    • 0 replies
    • 545 views
  5. gymrat123

    Just a thought, before the Olympics, these horrible gang culture (diverse) youths now know the Police are stretched, and can not keep order, would be very easy for them to kick off when school is out next summer during the Olympics and trash London. The Met could do with releasing that extra money Boris has now, and recruiting some specials to become PC'S now, drop the PLC for a while and push us through training very quick. Or we could go for the over idea, the one the governement is siding with.....force another 2000 Met officers to resign next year!

    • 7 replies
    • 808 views
  6. Jamie76
    Started by Jamie76,

    Hi Folks This query is related to the Scottish Police Fitness Test. I have read numerous reviews about potential recruits dreading the 1.5 mile run, and frequently wishing for bad weather so they can do the bleep test instead. My question is: Why does nearly everybody want to do the bleep test instead? For info the fitness requirements are 1.5 mile in 12 mins or level 9.2 on the Bleep Test. Cheers J

    • 6 replies
    • 2.5k views
  7. The Baron1546620741
    Started by The Baron1546620741 * ,

    Hello all, After 3 years in the process I finally have a date for my medical and fitness with Thames Valley. I absolutely cant wait for this but recently fell foul to a knee injury which required an arthroscopy and I am still doing physio for recovery. I have been advised by the consultant and physio's I will be fine and it actually feels much stronger than before and pain free, however I am concerned about how this will be seen on the day. The operation was 29th June and my fitness is on 5th Sept. This also stopped me from immediate training which I am hoping to resume soon. Should I get a letter from my GP or the consultant to say its ok? Also I see notes on her…

  8. Fred5612
    Started by Fred5612 * ,

    Hello, I am an Italian citizen and will be moving to the UK in September. I will study criminology for one year at a university within the UK, complete one year of military service in my country and then go back to the UK to finish the two remaining years on my course. Now, I have observed that all police constabularies in the UK ask for three years of residency in the UK in order to be eligible to apply. How many days/months/years is the max a person is allowed to leave the UK before said residency period expires? Furthermore, the Avon and Somerset Constabulary requires that "All applicants and their family are required to have 3 years residency in the UK prior to appl…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. bobbyonbeat
    Started by bobbyonbeat,

    Hi all, just a quick question, if I have previously applied to be a police constable with a force and submitted my application, but withdrew it (on my own accord due to personal factors) before it was even processed and passed/failed the application form stage; will I have to declare this on any future applications to a force? I can understand if I got to an a/c then withdrew but the form hadnt even ben processed... Thanks

    sykes1545925530
  10. martin84
    Started by martin84,

    Hi i am seriously considering a transfer to TVP and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the force is like to work for......ideally from a PC working on shift/response and i think id be looking to work around the slough area. Cheers

  11. BlueLightsUK1546620740
    Started by BlueLightsUK1546620740,

    Good afternoon all, I have currently just passed my recruitment fitness test and have now been given a date for my Assessment Centre. If all goes well and I pass I would move onto the Vetting stage of the application. But something has me worried. All in all I come from a good family with no 'run ins' with the police and that respect and adhere to the law. Both my parents are very enthusiastic about me applying. However, I have just found out that a cousin of mine (somewhat considered the black sheep of the family!)who I have never been close to and have had no contact with in the last 5 years or so has got a criminal record. Apparently she was done with GBH. Now …

    • 4 replies
    • 782 views
  12. paulie1546620618
    Started by paulie1546620618,

    Hey guys, Ive been side walled by a rather irritating situation and I was wondering if anyone had some lil pearls of wisdom for me. Recently, I have been hit by a spate of a lack of confidence within the job. No idea where it has come from, never suffered from it before, and although I am new to the job, I have been in stressful jobs before. I am doing the job as expected, to the required standard, my sarge is very happy with me, I absolutely LOVE it and look forward to going in every shift, but I have now kinda started second guessing myself on certain things like custody and arrests and feel myself asking for advice more than I used to. Maybe its a pride thing.... c…

  13. craigo45
    Started by craigo45 * ,

    Hi, In May 2009 I attended my rugby presentation. When it finished my friend and I started walking home and we were both a little drunk. There was a car parked up along the road we were walking along and we foolishly decided that we would kick it and damage it. Two policeman heard the noise and came over to us, arrested us both and took us to the station. We were 18 so we had to deal with it all by ourselves at the time. We hired a solicitor and the next morning the policeman in charge gave us an option. We either took a fixed penalty notice or a caution. Now being that a caution is much more serious, we decided to pay the penalty fine. This was our first run in with the…

    • 3 replies
    • 695 views
  14. AJP
    Started by AJP,

    Hi everyone, What is everyone doing to keep themselves busy through the nightmare that is police recruitment? I'm currently on hold with a scottish force after passing everything last july. I phoned up the HR people today as it was the year to the day that I had my interview/medical to find that absolutely nothing had changed and that they have no info whatsoever. I'm coming to the point now where I am that frustrated with it all that I might just move on to something else. What? I have no idea. I have always wanted to be a police officer and once I had got fed up with being in the military then that's what I wanted to do. I know this is just a rant but…

    • 4 replies
    • 840 views
  15. County_homeboy
    Started by County_homeboy,

    Hi guys, well its tough times ahead i feel, i was personally binned by west midlands in the latest transferee cuts having been kept in the system for well over a year, now im at a cross road were the future is going. Im giving it 12 months and if i can get a transfer from the met to the midlands somewhere im gonna have to seriously look at leaving the job, i cant cope for more than 12 months commuting and being away from my family for periods of time while i work, so my question is anyone else facing the same position as me? what would u do if u left the job? i wanted to become a train driver but guess what......no jobs lol

    • 18 replies
    • 2.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.