Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mark.1546620627
    Started by Mark.1546620627,

    Just got a few brief questions, that I can not find anywhere else on the Internet. * The Push / Pull test. What Exactly is it? Is it a Machine, or Just a Big Huge Weight? If anybody could shed any light on that it would be helpful. * Whats Strathclyde's Minimum to pass the Push / Pull (That is if they conduct this test) * How do they conduct the test? And another question, to save another thread being made. *At Tulliallan, where does the 1.5 Mile run take place? I can not for the life of me find any of this Info, So will appreciate if anybody can help! :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy:

    • 5 replies
    • 432 views
  2. Arhang
    Started by Arhang * ,

    Hi, As far as I am aware, the Police Services do not recruit at this time... but when they will, I would like to increase my chance to get choosen so can you guys answer two of my questions? :) what licences should I have before asking for application? I already have - Driving Licence and First Aid I do speak other language (fluent) - do you think It will increase my chance to get in? Thanks :)

    • 1 reply
    • 585 views
    SniperInTheTrees
  3. DODave
    Started by DODave,

    Hello All... Brand new here as you can see :) Ive recently been researching CNC, i seen that they are recruiting which is a massive in my eyes.. i seen some of the really old posts on here slating the CNC and how they operate. Has anything changed and has everyones opinons stayed the same or changed?? I currently work as a Custody Detention Officer.. i seen everything from the inside of the force and i would love to get out there and see the outside!!!! :) Thanks all

    morrisjoiner
  4. A.D.Green
    Started by A.D.Green * ,

    Hi there i'm 16 and really wanted to get into the Police Force for along time. the things is I don't really know what to do i'm doing my GCSE's now and I have got into level 3 in Uniformed Public Services at college. I want to maximize my chance of becoming a police officer or training to become one as quickly as I can. I was thinking of doing security guards or bouncing to gain experience when i leave college but can I train to become a police officer at the same time? thanks to any replies Adam Green

  5. carolinekate
    Started by carolinekate,

    Hi I am currently waiting on a date for an interview for the speacials with Strathclyde. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on the scottish specials interview format? What type of questions they will ask and where is the best place to start my research? Thanks for any help Caroline :smiley_notworthy:

    • 3 replies
    • 298 views
    hightower1546620715
  6. tagzy
    Started by tagzy,

    EDIT: post removed. Mods?

    • 0 replies
    • 460 views
  7. byflops
    Started by byflops,

    Hi all, My dads company take these tests and he said that they only get marked on what is answered, so any unanswered are not marked as incorrect. Is the met one like this or should i take a guess at the remaining questions? Im sooooo bad at maths (think 3 year old lol!) but am doing my best to prepare. In reality, do most people finish them all? This is my worst nightmare but you dont know unless you try!

    • 0 replies
    • 183 views
  8. rogers1546080891
    Started by rogers1546080891,

    Hi does anybody know if the CNC use the The Westshire Centre pack in the a/c thanks Paul

    • 0 replies
    • 278 views
    rogers1546080891
  9. ulllas
    Started by ulllas * ,

    would a police officer ever need to wear shorts? thinking about getting a tattoo on my leg, thinking that it will be ok because it wont be shown.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Derek89
    Started by Derek89,

    Hi there, I'm due to start up at Jackton on 18th may for my 3 day induction. I'm just wondering when you find out where you will be based? I live in the Lanarkshire area is it likely they put you onto the isles of arran, islay etc? And if they do what is the situation with accomodation and stuff. Hope you can help out, Thanks again, Derek

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  11. Andrew1546620720
    Started by Andrew1546620720 * ,

    Hello, got a question that I hope someone could try answer for me. For sometime I have been considering joining the police force as a constable. However there is an underlying issue that has me concerned. I'm currently 23, however at the age of 17 my best friend was killed in a car crash and I watched him die over 2 weeks, obviously it had quite the harsh affect on me, at 18 I was placed on anti-depressants and anti psychotics (the latter for several month before coming off them.) I stopped these at the age of 19/20 and have been clear ever since. A year ago I applied to the army, and due to the history of mental health on my medical record, I was told I was not ap…

    • 4 replies
    • 412 views
    sykes1545925530
  12. oakes6560
    Started by oakes6560 * ,

    I have my AC tomorrow and i have been looking at all the posts on here. Does anyone actually know what the current state of play is regarding CNC recruiting??? I hope that they will be taking on more officers rather than putting us all through the prosess just to 'freeze' recruitment. Any thoughts? Cheers, Adam

    • 3 replies
    • 340 views
  13. Tourist
    Started by Tourist,

    Any current Humberside officers. Any info on the current chance of transferee recruitment would be appreciated. Tourist.

    • 0 replies
    • 423 views
  14. chris360
    Started by chris360,

    Check here for prices on ebay- http://shop.ebay.co.uk/chrisvans90/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

    • 0 replies
    • 181 views
  15. pottheed9593
    Started by pottheed9593,

    This may sound like a stupid question, but.....I can run 1.5 miles in 9 and a half mins but about half way through I have to slow to a walk for 20 paces then I carry on to complete it one of my friends say you are not allowed to slow to a walk and it is an instant fail in police fitness tests.... is this true?

    • 9 replies
    • 427 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.