Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. suzi1875

    Hi all, I bought a new car last week and the salesman told me I'd be given 7 days complementary insurance. A few days later and several failed attempts at changing my policy from my old car to my new car online and I get pulled by the traffic cops as the car has flagged itself as having no insurance - the salesmans patter had included a white lie which he will now not confirm he said this, although my partner was witness to when he mentioned the 7 days insurance this will obviously not stand up in court. 6 points and £200 fine. I know, I know, I know I should have asked for insurance paperwork from the garage, this is a lesson in not taking things for face value (as the…

  2. PaloAlto
    Started by PaloAlto,

    **Note: I hope I've put this in the right forum, Mod please move to 'Cambridgeshire Constabulary' if needed!!** See this link: http://www.cambs.police.uk/recruitment/officer It has been there for a little while now, it states that the 'recruitment information evenings' are due to take place in Spring 2011 "at the earliest" However I contacted Cambs recruitment via email yesterday and got the reply today that the evenings will not take place until 2012. So don't get your hopes up if you stumble across this.

    • 0 replies
    • 482 views
  3. Caspa83
    Started by Caspa83,

    Hi all, I am ready to start with SYP but have been told that they do not know when they are next doing intakes. Is anyone is the same position as me or has anyone heard anything about what is happening? I can't get much from HR so I am resorting to coming on here to try and find something out. Hope someone can help! Casp.

  4. aaronmcrfc
    Started by aaronmcrfc * ,

    hi there i am going into my final year at school i am looking forwad at being in the police force i am going to hopefully get my 5 highers that i am studing and i was wondering what is the best way into the police. i am also going to do the speicals but i still have to find out more as i dont no the age that i can do the spiecals but i am also mayby going to go and do a HND sport coaching with development of sport and then mayby a BSc sport and fitness which will fit my short term till while i wait till i am 18.5 or 21. but i was wondering is entering as a graduate a good idea i am interested in the dogs and the armed so can you please give me some help or information c…

    • 2 replies
    • 735 views
    Iceman_gooner
  5. Tourist
    Started by Tourist,

    Hi, has any "mainland" UK police officer transferred to either Jersey or Guernsey police service. Tourist.

    chillidog1546620611
  6. barber
    Started by barber,

    Received an email last week saying my assessment day results have been extended again for another 9 months but the process will involve a interview stage as well, anyone else received this??? what do you make of it??? would have surely been easier to cut me and force me to reapply??

  7. pat89
    Started by pat89,

    Can anyone tell me how to take a witness statement quickly and correctly? Or just tips on how to get enough info from the victim/witness. Also how do you structure it because the amount of info they give its hard to keep up with the writing lol surely there must be an easier way?

    • 17 replies
    • 25.4k views
  8. asmith88
    Started by asmith88 * ,

    Alrite guys, found out yesterday i passed my final interview, :biggrin: just my medical and final checks to go. not to worried about the medical but just wondering what exactly happends?, and what to expect. will i have to do another fitness test? and if so how long should i expect to be there? thanks Alan

    • 4 replies
    • 2.6k views
  9. Firefly_777
    Started by Firefly_777 * ,

    Hi there Hopefully somebody can help... I'm thinking of applying to the Civil Nuclear Constabulary... but I have a few questions, I've sent an email to recruitment (no response) and tried phoning but keep getting the machine... My questions are... 1) I can't drive yet, I intend to take my practical test in the summer, does this mean I can't apply until I've passed my test? Or do I just say I can in hope that I will be able to when I start? 2) I suffer from anxiety (got medication from the doctor). I don't believe it will affect me as much in a few months time, as it is mainly related to me being at university (I am in my last year), let's just say I haven't had a good…

    • 1 reply
    • 607 views
  10. Emerald1546620707
    Started by Emerald1546620707,

    For the Competency questions I'm only given four lines to write each answer on. I've done a test answer but drawing the lines and then writing my answer on to see if it fits and I'm going well over with even the basic of answers. How am I supposed to go into detail with only this limited space available? The form also states that I cannot add extra sheets, write outside the box or in between the lines. So how am I supposed to give a sufficient answer? Ive all ready made my handwriting tiny. All the examples I've seen online have been long and detailed but if you put them in the space I've got they surely would not fit! I'm really angry about this!

    • 3 replies
    • 743 views
  11. lucy2010
    Started by lucy2010,

    Hi all, I wonder if you could all help me. I have been sent some questions and answers from my assesor that i need to complete asap. I have answered most of them now but was wondering if i could have some input from you all to a) make sure i have got them all right and b) make sure i have not missed any important information from any of them. Please please could you answer any of them that you can and send them to me in a message or reply to this post. Many thanks for your time, Lucy 1) How do you prevent loss of evidence/personal property and cross contamination of evidence, during escort to custody and whilst booking into custody? 2) How to you deal with special con…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.2k views
  12. peckerhead
    Started by peckerhead,

    Hey All My final interview for TVP is fast approaching. I would be very greatful if anyone who has been through the process could let me know what they might ask in the interview. I am transferring from Northern Ireland and I am busting to get back to Engalnd. Any help at all would be very much appreciated. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  13. martin84
    Started by martin84,

    Hi just wondering if anyone knows which if any forces are currently accepting transferees or will be soon? I know in this current climate its unlikely anyone will be for some time!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    does anyone no if the police will start recruiting again in 2015 after the budget cuts?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. pc_samsam

    does anyone no anything about when the police might recruit again??????

    • 5 replies
    • 2.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.