Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. steveb83
    Started by steveb83,

    Hi Has anybody sat a transfer board/interview recently? Any hints/tips, what were you asked etc. Any advice to give me a heads up would be very much appreciated, I have a tranfer interview coming up soon with the met. I have searched online and can only find posts relating to transfers into the met a few years ago. Many thanks in advance Steve

    • 1 reply
    • 408 views
  2. jmon999
    Started by jmon999,

    I just wanted to ask this as i'm interested in joining the police and my fitness level is the only thing i'm slightly concerned about. Though i've never imagined it's all that difficult as you see loads of police officers who are either fat, unfit or just plain bad runners. However, I want to know if i'm just being naive. So how difficult, on a scale of 1 to 10, would you say the fitness test is?

    • 11 replies
    • 707 views
  3. Embot
    Started by Embot,

    Hi, all I'm new here and have a little question for anyone who's interested Before anyone gets huffy/indignant, etc, this is just a query from someone who doesn't know a whole lot on the subject and I'm after a little enlightenment. So, as is no doubt the case for most people on this part of this forum, I am desperate to become a police officer. When I heard that NWP is recruiting, I was over the moon and headed straight to the site for more info. However, once there, I discovered that despite NWP saying they're committed to equal opportunities, there'll be a Welsh test as part of the recruitment process. The point to my waffle is: How can NWP effectivly exclu…

    • 2 replies
    • 935 views
  4. Kilm

    Hi guys, I've got my application in and am making progress through the process. I'm down south whilst I'm applying for Strathclyde, so it's hard for me to get back to speak to Probationers, etc. I've spent a long time talking with a guy I work with who's also in the Met as TSG and he's given me a lot of good headsup on things I need to know such as: Betaris box Hutton Inquiry Windsor Report Conflict resolution model Priorities Statistics Policies SOP's Pension Current stories National Intelligence Model National Policy Model Human Rights act Use of Force Common law Sect 3 Criminal Law act 1967 Sec 117 PACE Now, I've started working through chunks of …

    • 6 replies
    • 967 views
  5. barber
    Started by barber,

    After 2 and a half years of waiting I now have a date, looks like february 2012!!! got to take another fitness test and final interview at start of december, have to go through vetting process and fill in medical forms again. Anyone else got similar dates?? fitness test and interview 6th december.

  6. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi all, Next week North Wales Police Constabulary will be recruiting new Police Constables. Also Tayside Police Constabulary is Recruiting at the moment new police officer untill the 30th of November. I hope this is good news for many other police constabularies - to start recruiting new Constables in the next couple of weeks or early next year. Does anyone know who else may start recruiting new Police Constables in the next coming weeks or early next year? Who is applying to North Wales or Tayside police constabularies?

  7. louise1546620616
    Started by louise1546620616,

    Hi everyone, I have my a/c this Saturday, and have to say I am quite nervous as don't really know what to expect. Can anyone shed any light at all, as what the day will consist of etc, I don't want to know specific questions, just a brief as what is to happen on the day, many thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 381 views
    louise1546620616
  8. cwmeinion
    Started by cwmeinion,

    Hi everyone, Just a quick question. The rule - you can only apply to one force at a time... I know the clue is in the title but does anyone know the official position with this/consequences if you do not comply? I have always taken it to mean the literal myself. However I have heard others say you can apply on paper sift to more than one force but then must withdraw the outstanding one if you pass the paper sift with the other. I also know of at least two people who have done this (only the paper sift stage) and in fact one even asked recruitment about it and was told the above! I'm sure if the rule stands literally you could risk being rejected from both applicatio…

  9. Donks37
    Started by Donks37,

    We will be accepting new applications for the role of Police Constable from Monday 21st November 2011 until 12 noon on Monday 5th December 2011. If your application form is successful you will be required to attend an Assessment Centre at Ryton, Coventry week commencing 16th January 2012 and, following this, an interview and welsh test in North Wales from week commencing 30th January 2012. Just in case anyone is interested, and can speak a bit of welsh or learn it fast!!! Donks

    • 2 replies
    • 863 views
    jp2uk1546620308
  10. LMN
    Started by LMN,

    Haven't been on for awhile due to rapidly losing interest in the CNC recruitment process. Thought to let anyone who may be interested that the CNC have now changed the bleep test pass requirement from the standard English force to 9.4, apparently to bring your average gate guard in line with other forces AFO's. This is due to come into affect in February 2011, coincidently exactly when my test is scheduled. Awesome. On a side note, CNC have said the entire 2011 recruitment drive will be for Sellafield, so if you were thinking of anywhere else save your time and effort and apply for a force with a working HR department. Bitter? Not me.

    • 2 replies
    • 773 views
    Damien1546620764
  11. Volunteer south
    Started by Volunteer south,

    Hi Im in the process of filling my medical questionnaire and have a worry about being on antidepressant, I ve been on them since december, gps will give you antidepressants in a 5 minute consultation! i was never afected seriously by depression and was mostly feeling down, i still hold a full time job and university and never missed a day at work or classes! Im on the lowest dose, and will come off them this month. Will this be disqualifying to become a volunteer at the front desk? I wanted to try here before being forced to call and ask..

    Damien1546620764
  12. pk850
    Started by pk850,

    Hi, I understand most forces have a BMI check, i just wanted to know how tight they are on it. I'm a 29 year old forces lad looking to join the police. My BMI is a little high 33/34 and i've always been quite a big lad, I love my weight training and general gym stuff and i can get to about 8.5 on a 20M bleep test so i don't know how i'll fair on the 15M bleep test hopefully aroung the 9/10 mark.

    • 6 replies
    • 804 views
    Damien1546620764
  13. BlueLightsUK1546620740
    Started by BlueLightsUK1546620740,

    Evening all, I've recently just had my appointment confirmed and will be starting up at Tulliallan in November. I understand that I will receive all the lecture notes and reading materials up there but I'm quite keen on doing a bit of reading on the Law just to get into the swing of things. I was in Watersones today and saw 'Blackstone's police operational handbook 2011' advertised. I had a little neb inside and saw it was written by someone from ACPO. Now obviously, ACPO being south of the border does this make this book irrelevant in Scotland? Don't want to turn up at Tulli with a headfull of English law!!

    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
  14. Q127
    Started by Q127,

    I wondered if there are any useful websites that have any regular police news and recruitment opportunities (mostly for new PCs, PCSOs and SCs)? I've found one so far: UKPolicing.info which has regularly updated news? Any other good ones out there?

  15. scots_lass
    Started by scots_lass,

    Hi folks, I experienced shoulder pain a few months back for no real reason, went to the docs, got some anti-inflams and advised to rest it (possible tendon sprain/frozen shoulder). The pain is still there albeit not quite as bad, so re-visited today and was told it may take 24mths to heal? I am due to start in a few weeks, will it go against me in any way? Things always seem to happen at the wrong time *sigh* Thanks,

    sykes1545925530

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.