Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Daveb123999
    Started by Daveb123999,

    Hello Just seeing if anyon else on here is starting on the 20th feb ? Anyone else looking forward to it ? Anyone nervous ? Lol

    • 0 replies
    • 147 views
  2. Harry 1821
    Started by Harry 1821 * ,

    I've been thinking about joining the police for a while now and was just wondering what degrees would look good on paper? :)

  3. johndoc27
    Started by johndoc27 * ,

    Hi everyone, I need some advice please, Im sure your heard all this before but thought I would ask anyway. Ok so obviously I really want to join the police, thats why im here but I got a caution for theft of a magazine when I was 16 (yes I know, biggest mistake of my life!!!!) now it was 11 years ago now. It was the first and last time I got in trouble with the police. Anyway my question is will I stand any chance of getting into the police?? im actually going to apply for the specials first. Thank you

  4. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    This morning I read a newspaper article from 2009 about forces being considered to turn away applicants who cannot swim. This is worrying me as I cannot swim to a good standard. I'd consider myself a rubbish swimmer. So I'm asking the question: Is it important as a police officer/PCSO/Special, that you can swim?

    • 3 replies
    • 356 views
  5. Emma5263
    Started by Emma5263,

    Hi, does anyone know if the application forms for this year are the same as last (cnc/btp were recruiting). I need to be as prepared as possible, thanks for the help!

    • 1 reply
    • 374 views
  6. Heardy
    Started by Heardy,

    Now that the new year rumour mills are getting into full swing regarding this years potential recruitment initiatives, i thought i'd ask a question! Do external applicants still have something to offer the modern police force? With many forces now looking to recruit internally from serving PCSO's and Specials, or requiring pre-course completion, it can often be hard for people unable to fulfil these requirements from even getting near an application form. Should this matter? Should Forces still offer recruitment opportunities externally? Personally i think they should. I made and decision to commit my free time to my young family rather than spending numerous weekends …

    • 7 replies
    • 363 views
  7. maria_alice
    Started by maria_alice * ,

    hello! im a nurse and i am looking to volunteer with the metropolitan police. i would like to do something where i can use some of my skills and hopefully learn something that i can take back to my job. looking at the application form i like the idea of witness/victim liaison... however i am not sure what the volunteers are expected to do. i had a look at the met website and read some info, but im still now sure! does anyone work in this service, and does anyone know what this service actually entitles? many thanks :)

  8. m155ejh
    Started by m155ejh,

    where do North Wales police (potential officers) do their basic training and how long does it last??? How long till you get your results after completing the assessment centre, interview and fitness tests??

  9. trifella

    Hi Has anyone responded to lastest Port Of Liverpool Police Campaign, on this website, asking for people who have passed NPIA since May 2008. I responded on the web e-form, and to my suprise they sent me an application form, which I have completed and returned. Has anyone applied and heard back from them yet? Ta.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. Rob_SRi
    Started by Rob_SRi,

    Hey guys & gals, :) Some advice for a newbie to these forums :) I am 22 years old currently a SC in West Midlands Police and been in for the past 2 years.. over that time i have consistently kept up around 70-100 hours a month service... not just because im extremely sad and love it... that's part of it maybe but because I eventually have aspirations of joining as a PC and i think the experience will hopefully help me to hit the ground running! I also have been pushed by my D.O to go for a promotion to section officer and i am trying to vary my duties with different parts of the force.. example being tomorrow im going on duty with FSI to see how they operate.. I th…

  11. blondey

    Hi all, I'm just filling out my application form for regular officer and they ask whether you are interested in applying for the Higher Potential Graduate Entry Scheme. I always thought it was the Higher Potential Development Scheme and being a graduate played no part in it? Is this a new initiative that they have recently changed or have is it an old form? (As far as I am aware, the HPDS used to be based on whether you had a degree) It's now worries to me as I have a degree anyway, but I was just curious as to whether they have changed it? Also it seems they have changed the competency based questions from those listed on the sticky Application form thread on here. …

    • 2 replies
    • 753 views
  12. Rosie89
    Started by Rosie89,

    Hello, I have my medical on wednesday, and all going well I have been told I will be in the March intake. Anyone else starting then too?

    • 0 replies
    • 573 views
  13. Azz
    Started by Azz,

    Hi, I've used the search button but I'm still unsure about when to apply to join Lancashire police force. I currently reside in Birmingham and will be moving to Lancaster around late September for university. I would love to be a part time police officer - unlike many other students, clubbing really isn't my thing and I feel it would be nice to give something to the local community in my spare time. I've been revising on how to fill in the application form, however, I have not requested one as of yet. The reason being that if I get called in for an interview in the next few weeks, I would be unable to attend as I don't live locally. My question is, that if I fill out an a…

  14. SmokeyH
    Started by SmokeyH,

    Does anyone else have an interview coming up with TVP this week? I was one of many that ended up with the recruitment freeze letter back in 2010 and now have my interview as the next step as prep goes in for 2012. Little bit nervous even witht he prep I have done.

  15. Zaac
    Started by Zaac * ,

    First and foremost, hello! down to business... 1 x Simple Caution for an altercation between another male 1 x Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence... These are the only 2 things going against me applying for the Police force... There is nothing i want more than to be a Police officer and the recruitment is going to open up again in April for us... As soon as they see these 2 things on my record will i get an automatic rejection? Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.