Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Stevencx
    Started by Stevencx,

    Hi all, I'm applying for Strathcyde and was just wondering if recruitment or vetting checks all of your previous employment? The reason I ask is that I had a falling out with a manager a couple of jobs ago and am unsure as to what he might say if asked to provide a reference. Wasn't sure if they check it all, or just the two references you provide on the application form. Thanks.

  2. boempie
    Started by boempie,

    Hi I have recently applied to Lothian and Borders Police, but was unsuccessful at their Standard entrance test (SET). Lothian and Borders Police require me to wait 12 months before applying again. Am I eligible to apply to other scottish police forces stainght away, as some of them are recruiting? Thanks in advance

  3. PaulK
    Started by PaulK,

    Hey guys, new to the forum! Just looking for a bit of advice as I've rang the recruitment department but getting hazy answers! Basically, I received a Reprimand in March 08, for 5 years. I was told at the time of the arrest I would not have to disclose this on job applications (which is somewhat true, I didn't have to disclose it for my current job) but when I've tried to apply for a Special in the past I've been knocked back. They didn't even look at it, as soon as I pressed submit, I got an email saying, "We don't accept applications from people with convictions, force policy". So I emailed them and appealed, asking if they vetted candidates and what not, and basicall…

    Tim in the South
  4. SDM
    Started by SDM * ,

    Got my fitness test next week and went over on my ankle during the week at fives, it's really swollen just now and i'm not sure if i will be able to get round the 1.5 miles. I won't be able to go out running for the next week and will just need to hope i get round on time on the day withouht injuring myself even more. If i phoned recruitment do you think i would get another date in the future or is that something they would look down at. I don't want them to think i am making excuses for not going.

  5. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    Hi, In the next few years I would like to join Nottinghamshire Police as a regular Police Officer, but it looks like until the end of 2015, (when the police budget cuts are over), that any police officer recruitment will be done internally from PCSO's and specials. Nottinghamshire Police are currently recruiting specials and I am stuck on whether I should go for it and apply, or whether I should wait until the PCSO recruitment opens. So it is that reason why I am asking you for your opinions: Should I apply as a special or should I apply as a PCSO?? What would give you more of a chance of getting in as a regular police officer in the future??

  6. MairiAitken
    Started by MairiAitken,

    Hi Everyone, I'm currently in the recruitment process for BTP PCSO. My employers have recieved reference requests (which have now been sent back), does this mean I've passed vetting or could this still be going on? I'm having to sit on my hands to not phone recruitment and play the waiting game. Will I be called or recieve a letter if I'm through?

  7. Derek89
    Started by Derek89,

    Once you go out to division after initial training are you expected to keep the bull on your boots when operational? Derek N.

  8. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    Hey guys, just wondering. Has anyone managed to get their application form checked by "talking blues"? I must have tried 4 or 5 times and I keep getting my money refunded, with a message saying they're sorry but they are busy and will not be accepting new forms. Which is fine, But I've been trying to get it marked for 8 weeks. Like I said, has anyone got theirs marked?

    • 0 replies
    • 212 views
  9. welshrarebit
    Started by welshrarebit,

    Hi Guys I'm looking for tips, I'm at the gym nearly every evening, losing weight and increasing my fitness. HOWEVER, I'm really struggling with my running. I've been doing it for 7 weeks now and still struggling to run continually for 20 mins. If any of you have any guidance on what I can do that would be great I'm so wanting to pass everything. Thanks in advance. SJ

  10. icadet78
    Started by icadet78,

    Hi all, Just transferring my AC results to Suffolk is any one else out there in the same position as me, or have any info on Suffolk. -I'm living in london but preparing to take a huge step to move closer if I am successful. Thanks,

  11. Adler
    Started by Adler,

    Hello. I sent my application off last week, having attended the recruitment info evening - NERVOUS!! Anyhoo, at the info eve, the HR boss said they're looking to have A/C w/c 07.05.12 and he felt that it would definitely be this date. So, I've been thinking - say it takes 4 weeks from today to turn around the papersift, that is already taking us to 30.04.12. Just wondering how they'd fit in the pre-selection in between end of 30.04.12 - 07.05.12....considering they have to spend time telling people, have the pre-selection, tell people results of that and then giving dates for A/C. Just a thought, would be interested to hear your thoughts :wink: Cheers, Adler :…

  12. jan80808
    Started by jan80808,

    Hi I need some advice. I have a labral tear in my hip through sports. Is this injury a instant rejection? I'm really worried. I'm still able to play sport without a problem and I feel 100%. In general

    • 0 replies
    • 206 views
  13. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, Who has applied for the BTP position of DDO? Has anyone had a phone call since the closing date of the application for an assessment date? Does anyone know how many people have applied for the position?

    • 4 replies
    • 291 views
    Future_officer
  14. copperblue
    Started by copperblue,

    Would like to hear from tayside people who are waiting to start like myself, not many people on here compared to other forces.

    Squirrel1546620738
  15. Fiji888
    Started by Fiji888 +,

    Just to give people to heads up Surrey Police are currently recruiting. They are after 200 officers but appear to working along the PL&C Course recruitment model. Also they are seeking people from ethnic backgrounds and seem to only accept applications from people with a strong link to the county. The below is quoted directly off the Surrey Police Recruitment website: Bold in our actions innovative in our thinking, Surrey Police is seeking to hear from like minded individuals who are interested in a police career. As pioneers of pre-employment and committed to putting the 'Surrey Public First', we are looking for the people who share our commitment to fill future…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.