Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. reflex4
    Started by reflex4,

    Did anyone manage to get through on the phone lines today to get a police officer application form?

  2. Police89

    Does anyone know for 100% certain if the police vetting department (for the Met) check BOTH your experian and equifax credit records, or do they ONLY check your experian but not your equifax too? Thanks

  3. t0m669
    Started by t0m669,

    Hi everyone, This is my first post and it's because I really do need help. I have got my date for my final local force interview which is with Durham Constabulary. It's the biggest thing i've ever had to do and i'm looking for any advice/tips or even possible questions that may come up. Any help would be gratefully appreciated

  4. Qwerty101
    Started by Qwerty101,

    Unusual but sure it's happened somewhere. Has anyone left the police for various reasons during their probation but then returned to do it again. I'm presuming you will have to do the whole recruitment procedure again?

    Danny1546619913
  5. Traffic Rat

    The following is taken from Cheshire police's INTERNAL Intranet system, as the external page shows a different story Police Officer Recruitment Campaign The recruitment window for Student Police Officer applications will be open between 08:30 and 16:30 on Monday 23rd April 2012. The Constabulary is making 500 application forms available during this time. Prospective applicants are required to ring telephone number 01606 362211 providing your name, full address email and contact telephone number. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS NUMBER WILL ONLY BE OPERATIONAL BETWEEN 08:30 and 16:30 ON MONDAY 23 APRIL. It is exp…

    Mr So Special
  6. TopLoader1546620233
    Started by TopLoader1546620233,

    Just posting to find out if any other forum users are starting as a Probationary Constable on 28th May for South Yorkshire force Sent from Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

    TopLoader1546620233
  7. claire688
    Started by claire688,

    Hi everyone, Thing's seem to have taken a turn for the good (finally)!!! I have got my fitness test this Monday at Sulhamstead, anyone one else going? if so are you wearing smart clothes and changing or just wearing gym clothes there? Also have dates for pre joining weekend's, medical and a start date in July It has been a very long three year wait!! Yay!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

    • 0 replies
    • 393 views
  8. babe7466
    Started by babe7466,

    Anyone else waiting on a response?

  9. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Some police forces in the UK are implementing a new recruitment policy which is if you want to become a full time police officer you would have to be first a PCSO, Special or a DDO. I have recently heard Scottish Police Forces won't anymore recruit police officers externally, recruitment will be done through internal process. The Metropolitan police force has implemented this new policy. What other forces have done so or will do so? Do you all think it is a good idea?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 662 views
  10. oldgoldbuttons
    Started by oldgoldbuttons,

    I see that Essex Police are currently inviting applications from officers wishing to transfer. A variety of posts are available. Anyone tempted or currently going through the application process? Does anyone in Essex have any strong views (either way) about joining Essex Police?

    • 3 replies
    • 929 views
  11. Carver87
    Started by Carver87,

    Afternoon all, I am fairly new to this forum so please be gentle with me! Just a couple of questions really. I have just completed my IPLDP 16 week induction training and this week will embark on my 10 weeks with my tutor. Previously to this I spent 2.5-3 years as a SC but as the previous 16 weeks demonstrated, the roles are worlds apart, despite having the same uniform and powers. Now whilst it is not a complete culture shock to me I still have the stomach full of knots and butterflies before I do my first shift! I've think I've got a good tutor with a great rep and hopefully going to be in one of the best nicks in my force. I have 101 million questions but really I'm …

    Dell1546620702
  12. phlopip
    Started by phlopip,

    Hi all. I am due to have my uniform fitting for my role as a Special. Can anyone advise what actually happens with this session. May seem a daft question as I can guess what it'll probably entail, but just want a bit of info from others who have done it? Many thanks

  13. grace17
    Started by grace17,

    Hello. Can someone tell me what the initial training hours arelike? Is it mon-fri 9-5? Or is evening/weekend work involved? Many thanks

  14. peterwalker007
    Started by peterwalker007,

    I'm starting in September for L&B and wondered who else is.

    peterwalker007
  15. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, If anyone is interested, the Metropolitan Police are recruiting PCSOs until the 26th March. For futher information visit http://www.metpolice...staff/pcso.html Who is going to apply or who has already applied?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.