Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Evening All, Can anyone explain the safeguards relating to the application and execution of search warrants under Section 15 and Section 16 of PACE 1984. Thanks in advance..
-
- 0 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Found out yesterday that I failed my final interview for Durham :-( I know the next intake is scheduled for autumn some time and was wondering if it's worth me asking if I can have a 2nd chance at the interview. The intake in autumn is from the same batch of people that I was in for my AC, they're just splitting the intakes. I was thinking of asking when they call me next week with feedback and also writing a letter. Is this a pointless task or worth a shot?
-
-
- 28 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I just wanted to start a new thread for all of those who are applying for greater manchester police this time round. Not as a place to moan or slag off the force but to offer some support for all of us applying and hoping to make the "CHOSEN" 50 places. I know last time many moons ago when i applied to the doomed recruitment of 2009 reading and seeing other peoples progress helped me through it and its nice to know your not alone in the process. Having submitted my app not too long after the opening date my fingers and toes are crossed and i will update on here of any correspondence good or bad and i hope some of the others in the same boat do aswel. Being a special serge…
-
Hello guys, I am going to be filling in my first application form to be a police officer in the next few weeks, and I was just wondering about my employment history. I am currently finishing my MA in social work and as part of this I have been out on placement. Does a placement count as full-time/part-time employment or not as I was not paid? Or does it belong in the section where it asks about other skills that we have? Hope this makes sense! Thank you :) Emma
-
- 6 replies
- 662 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Durham Constabulary will commence police officer recruitment with effect from 20th February, 2012. Further details re the application process will be issued from this date. Those details will include where and how to access the application form, the ideal number of new recruits we are looking for, along with the eligibility criteria that needs to be met in order for an application form to be included in the process. The recruitment process will include an assessment centre, which will take place in April with a view to appointing successful candidates in July 2012. All applicants must take part in this Search assessment centre. Those individuals who have already unde…
-
-
- 181 replies
- 7.7k views
- 16 followers
-
-
Hi All, BTP has opened up a vacancy for DDOs if anyone is interested? The location is central London. I have a lack of knowledge with regards to DDOs, so can someone help me answer the following questions. It will be very much appreciated. 1) Does being a DDO give you valuable experiance? Valuable enough to help you in the recruitment process for the position of Police Constable. 2) What is better PCSO or a DDO? 3) If you had to choose between a PCSO or a DDO, what would you choose? And why would you choose that job position? 4) Do many DDOs apply to become a PC? If so are they more likely to be successful than their counterparts, PCSOs?
-
- 17 replies
- 2.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi all, Does anyone know if having previously dislocated my shoulder and having it successfully repaired in surgery will cause me any issues with my forthcoming medical for the Special Constabulary? Cheers,
-
- 1 reply
- 273 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Had anyone that failed the final interview had their feedback yet? Still waiting on mine, just desperately want to know where it went wrong :-(
-
- 4 replies
- 316 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Have many others passed the paper sift? Also any tips as this will be my first A/C and the sticky. topic in the forums is about 5 years old!
-
- 0 replies
- 170 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, On the vetting form I put down any debts I have that I am paying off monthly. My question is that I use 2 credit cards every month for my online purchases as you get more protection on credit cards for things like fraud and disputes, but I pay them off in full every month (it's only about £150 a month). Should I mention this to the recruitment team as I'm concerned when they view a snapshot of my credit file they will see two credit cards with small balances on them at that time! Suppose I have answered my own question really but any inputs are appreciated :-)
-
Hi folks, I'm new here and am wanting to submit my application form to the Police - it's all I have wanted to do for ever but I'm worried about recent events that may ruin my chances. Well, I am currently finishing my degree and as part of that we have to do some practice learning or "shadowing" of council workers. During my 2nd practice learning experience problems arose with me and my assessor who constantly belittled me and ground me down over the period of time to the point where I got a rash all over my body and was signed off with stress. The doctor wrote "stress" on my form as originally he was going to cite bullying but I wanted to try and deal with things prof…
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, all! I had my A/C for Cambs on 11th May - only a week has gone by but the wait is excruciating!! Anyone else in the same boat? Was thinking, if they're going for the ACC/DCC interview in the last week of May, the results are gonna have to be out next week, really, in order for people to gain time off work, etc.... Anyone else sick to the stomach with nerves about this whole thing?!?!?! Cheers, Adler.
-
- 1 reply
- 188 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I was just hoping to bag some last min. tips before my interview on Tuesday. I'm applying to Lancashire constabularly as a special, I've got some knowlage about the force sorted, Cheif Constables, Divisions, Focus areas etc. As well as getting my head around the core competencies, despite finding how to structure my answers for 'Respect for Race and Diversity' and 'Community Focus'. Can anyone give me an idea what to expect? Thanks, Mark
-
-
- 4 replies
- 473 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Looking for a bit of advise and reassurance really! Ive got an interview next monday for Surrey Police as a PCSO and to put it bluntly, I'm absolutley bricking it. Im nearly 23 and Ive been trying to get into the police since I was 18/19 years old - even went down the route of trying to join RAF Police but had no luck there either. Im extremely nervous obviously because I want this so bad, I dont have much "life experience" which is what's knocked me back with previous applications. Ive only ever worked in an office environment with a bit of bar work here and there. I've sort of gathered the type of questions they're going to ask me and ive got a feeling they're…
-
-
- 4 replies
- 630 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi part time Irish Garda looking to Join Uk Police any advice ? when is the next recruitment ?
-
- 2 replies
- 784 views
- 1 follower
-