Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mark.
    Started by Mark.,

    So, after getting a letter through a few days ago, saying Can you attend your SET's on Friday (15th) It all went hectic... swapping shifts at work and other stuff! Anyway my latest problem is, I have to call Jackton to confirm my attendance of the SET's however... no matter what direct line I call, or how long I let it ring... NOBODY ANSWERS! Is there opening times? Surely not, I've been calling usually 2:30 - 3:30 each time since I got the letter and its beginning to agitate me now! Should I just contact Glasgow HQ or Tulliallan for them to put me through... or is there another number for them, which is not on the top of the letter that they sent out! Much appreciated…

    • 2 replies
    • 335 views
  2. roverfan
    Started by roverfan,

    hi all, Ive had a look around the forum with regard to footwear and a lot of people tend to suggest, magnums,lowa and such like. however are these suitable for initial training (ie 1st 6 months) or are you required to wear something more formal at this stage, as i cant seem to find a definitive answer and dont want to go ahead and pay a large sum on boots when they wouldnt be suitable whilst im in training thanks

    Smiler1546620840
  3. samold55
    Started by samold55,

    Hello just wondering if anybody knows any details on when Merseyside, Cheshire and Greater Manchester are recruiting either police officers or PCSO's ? Sam

  4. jacko6686

    Hey guys, just a quick question. I am filling out my application form and theres a question asking if I have ever attended a SEARCH assessment. Though I have applied to the police before I have only been to a Specials assessment centre. I know you do similar tests to the regulars but you do not do the role plays. So my question is, does the specials assessment centre count as a SEARCH centre?

  5. Nykad21
    Started by Nykad21,

    Does anyone have any experience of a transferee interview? I'm not sure exactly what to expect. I have an interview next week and would appreciate people's thoughts and experiences.

    • 6 replies
    • 571 views
  6. scotty23
    Started by scotty23,

    Just wondering if anyone else is due to start in July? Thought it would be good to have a topic which brings everyone together with thoughts on preperation they're doing etc... :)

  7. laura_hughes_87
    Started by laura_hughes_87,

    I currently work as police staff and I am applying for another role as police staff but however vetting is required again. It asks to list existing partners and here is where i'd like some honest and confidential advise. My boyfriend who I life with in the past was a bit silly when he was younger and got in trouble with the police, mainly driving bans and motoring offences but he did have a very short spell in prison (2 weeks) for breach of community order. He regrets this deeply and hasn't been in trouble since and is a new person today. Would this affect my chances of getting this new job? I would really appreciate any advise or knowledge in this area. Thank you very …

    • 1 reply
    • 319 views
  8. eliatkinson

    Hi, currently a PC in Hampshire about to apply to transfer to Cheshire now they are accepting. I was just after a few bits of information I can't get from the website if anyone can help...... What does the basic fitness test consist of? Not sure if it is the same as Hants. What are the usual shift patterns? Driving qualifications - in Hants we have basic, low performance, standard and advanced. The application form only mentions basic, standard and advanced. Are these the only three levels? Just need to work out which one I am equivalent to. Any other tips or insights greatly appreciated!!

  9. southeast1546620837
    Started by southeast1546620837 * ,

    Hello there, Are police officers allowed to eat and drink in public houses / licenced premesis while on duty (obviously not alcoholic drinks)..??

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  10. gaz_524
    Started by gaz_524,

    Hi all, I am due to start with Norfolk next month and was checking to see if i need to purchase anything before starting and any recommendations would be grateful! Gareth

  11. Ttomes
    Started by Ttomes * ,

    I am currently a school teacher but really want to join the force as a reg, sooner rather than later. My local constabulary would be west mercia or gloucestershire but neither are recruiting at the moment. When will they be recruiting again? Is it worth working as a PCSO or a special in the meantime? Will it help me get into regs? Which is better to do PCSO or specials?

  12. RachBeer88
    Started by RachBeer88,

    Hi, I am waiting for my assesment centre in 3 weeks, if i am successful i will be called for final interview and a welsh tests, can anybody who may have sat them earlier in the year possibly advise on what to expect from the welsh and how the tests are formulated? It says on the application to be of level 2 standard, but from what i can gather in correspondance they seem to be requiring level 3, i am self teaching so was hoping for some advise? Thanks!

  13. mkr83
    Started by mkr83,

    Hi Folks, Been on and off this site since I applied to Fife Constabulary in January. It's been a great source of information and help. Anyway, I got through the selection assessment in one piece and have been invited back for panel interview. I'm doing as much research as I can, putting together a wee portfolio and trying to arrange meetings with current officers. However I am looking for hints and tips from as many sources as possible. I really don't want to leave anything to chance. So obviously I am looking at the competencies and the policing plan etc but do you have examples of the sorts of things I should expect to be asked? Any help is much appreciated. Th…

    • 0 replies
    • 838 views
  14. Leedsboy
    Started by Leedsboy,

    Did mine last month and scored 57% for entry into the CNC. They said there would be New Recruits Entrants Courses every two months as they are taking lots of new faces on. Would I be correct in thinking that this year's intake is from last year's Assessment Centre (AC)passes? Yes I passed the AC but it's no guarantee of a job. Depends on scores, vacancies etc. But it sounds like the CNC have had their big recruitment drive for the year (no more vacancies yet). There will be a medical further along the line which for me will be easy. So I'm just wondering if my score was good enough or not?

  15. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    I am just curious to know who has applied for BTP Communication Officer job position? If you have applied, have you worked in the past as a dispatcher and have a high level of IT? Why have you applied?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 318 views
    Future_officer

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.