Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi peeps Just a quick question am I able to apply for specials and then apply for the regulars 6 months later with the same force? thanks
-
-
- 6 replies
- 457 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I currently have an assessment score that is due to expire in mid September as I have been on hold due to the cuts for almost two years. I just wondered if anyone else is in the same situation, and has any ideas if there's any saving grace to being in this situation? I have phoned the recruitment team at this force a few times however they have just said "when it expires, that's it, you will need to re-apply all over again". Fun times.....
-
- 2 replies
- 690 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Whose all on this intake, only 4 weeks to go ;-)
-
-
- 24 replies
- 2.4k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I have just applied for a transfer to Hampshire to be nearer my family - however, my knowledge of the area is minimal. Can any serving officers in this force give me the lowdown on policing in this area?
-
-
- 5 replies
- 527 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, im having a bit of bother with one question on my application. it is the question " give an example of when i have shown respect for the lifestyle, culture or beliefs of someone, even though the differed significantly from your own and you might have even disagreed with them" i have served in the royal navy for 6 years. but i am finding it hard to answer this. could anyone help me with some examples to give me some inspiration on what i can write about. many thanks James
-
- 8 replies
- 291 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Northern Constabulary (Police Force that covers the largest geographical area in the UK - Highlands and Islands) has announced that recruitment is open and it closes 5pm 14th September. Reading through the press release this stuck out most, "This is a unique opportunity to become part of the Police Service of Scotland as the current Forces amalgamate on 1st April 2013.” Pre-Empting the recruitment drive do you think?
-
- 3 replies
- 584 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen I have my "local" interview tomorrow, and I was just wondering if anyone has any good relaxation technics and methods to soak up abit more knowledge? I believe I am studying the right things, but you know how it is, the big day approaches and suddenly the paranoia sets in and time starts speeding up. Seeing the blind panic setting in my ever faithful missus says the old "you'll be fine".........If only! This not a thread to see what I should be swatting up on because it's too late for that, but any advice on the previously mentioned topic would be very much apprieciated.
-
- 3 replies
- 690 views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have already undone a lot of research and understand there are 8 divisions and also subdivisions - I cannot seem to find a breakdown of these or even a list showing each division etc.... Can anyone point me in the right direction? ... Also any other words of wisdom would much appreciated...! What I should be learning, any keys points I should focus on, what to expect etc...!!!
-
- 4 replies
- 966 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi All, Did anyone who applied in May for the position of BTP Communication Officer, heard anything in relation to passing or failing their application? Who did apply for the position?
-
Has anyone else got an application in for the August intake of regulars to Cambridgeshire? I submitted mine about a week ago, think the deadline was 22nd July
-
- 38 replies
- 2.5k views
- 8 followers
-
-
Hey guys, got my initial interview with strathclyde police next week and really just looking to find out as much as possible... Any of you been through it? Currently probationer or just got in? Can you maybe get in touch and give me a hand with what to expect, any tips/advice etc?
-
- 3 replies
- 699 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey everyone, ive seen a few people on here who are in the same position as me having to work hundreds of miles away from home because they cant get a transfer to another force, i just wanted to see how many people who are actively using the forums are in this position. I know it might not achieve anything but im seriously considering drafting a letter to the home office asking if in the current climate a mutual force swap system could be assessed for serving officers. thoughts and views everyone......
-
-
- 21 replies
- 1.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello everyone, I have a question about joining the police servive in the UK, and I know it sounds silly but here goes: Can you join if you tried to commit suicide back when I was19? I was never charged or anything, but it was an overdose and I had to be resuscitated in hospital. I also don't have any conditions/medications/therapy or anything of the kind (Nor did I ever after that incident) Thanks for any advice you can give!
-
-
- 16 replies
- 710 views
- 4 followers
-
-
I know there are probably strands of this on this forum but can anyone recommend any websites paid/free that are good for assisting you passing SET's. Thanks
-
- 0 replies
- 302 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Saw this on IG's blog; http://www.norfolk.police.uk/joinus/policeofficer.aspx