Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, Did anyone in September apply for the Met Security Officer for Palace Of Westminster? If so, what recent news have you had, if you have had any?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Sonj_11
    Started by Sonj_11,

    Hi Just after some advice please. I applied to be a reg for Durham earlier this year and made it to final interview. When I got my feedback they advised they will be recruiting again next summer and encouraged me to apply again. They've opened up applications for specials now. My question is should I go for this? Will it help me when applying for the regs again? Thanks in advance.

  3. Jean1983
    Started by Jean1983 * ,

    I am starting in 2 weeks and wondered if there is anything that anyone can recommend to take to tulliallan that is not on the "list" ? I like to be organised and don't want to forget anything! Got all kit, pe stuff, shoe polish etc. but is there anything anyone thought "oh I wished I took that". I've even bought an iron (just in case), cereal bars etc (as food meant to be rotten). Thanks

  4. Keeps
    Started by Keeps,

    Hi, I have recently passed the assessment centre for the Police with a score of 61% and have been informed by the force that people who have scored higher marks than me at the centre have been taken to the fitness test, medical and vetting stages. I have been placed on a reserve list should any of these fail. I have emailed the recruitment department to ask what the lowest accepted score was, so I can judge how far away I was. I have also requested to find out my position on the reserve list. Does anyone have any experience of this sort of situation, or a recruitment perspective? Is the information that I have requested something that will be provided? What is the li…

  5. exrecon
    Started by exrecon,

    I'm lucky enough to still be waiting, any one else?

  6. BC68
    Started by BC68 * ,

    Does anyone have some for sale?

  7. Chris0984
    Started by Chris0984,

    Hello, I am currently working for the British Army and am living in an Army married quarter in Stafford. I am currently applying for a force in Scotland and was wondering if there is any accommodation which you are able to rent off the force if I was successful with my application, much the same way in which I currently do with the Army? Thanks Chris

  8. Fingers crossed
    Started by Fingers crossed,

    Hi all, any ex military out there who have recently been, or who are at Tulliallan ATM that can answer this question? Do I need to take my medals with me from day one, or are they only required for wearing at graduation? Thanks

    Fingers crossed
  9. Brutus-Is-Back
    Started by Brutus-Is-Back,

    I am a retired British bobby and I live in Sweden. The police force here is absolutely desperate to recruit trainee officers who are willing to work in Norbotten County, up in the north, including Swedish Lappland. I have no idea what the required qualifications are, whether you need a degree or whether you need fluency in Swedish or Sami, but I do know that the pay is excellent - at least as good as in the UK, and the training is at graduate level - policing here is a highly regarded profession. The north of Sweden is roughly the size of the whole British Isles - and has a population around the same as Birmingham. If anyone is interested, you could always drop them a …

  10. everton09
    Started by everton09,

    Hi , I'm currently a serving police officer in Cumbria. I'm desperate for a move to either Gwent or South Wales but there are no transfers at the moment. Is there anybody but there who is the opposite to me ?? if so maybe we could try and organise a straight swap. let me know if interested cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 495 views
  11. rye12
    Started by rye12,

    Hey All Just wondered if anyone on here is off to Ipswich on the 20th for AC with Norfolk. Be nice to hear from you and to find out how you are preparing, I'm starting to get quite nervous now!! Cheers Rye

    Christopher Stevens *
  12. Becky505
    Started by Becky505 * ,

    6 years ago I was a victim of an assault - I was also witness to an assault of my friend (by the same person who assaulted me). I gave a witness statement and photos of my injury were taken. I didn't put this on my application form but I'm now worried that I should have! What do you think?

  13. Brum1546620863

    Hello, I am afraid to say that I have failed to find up-to-date information regarding the Specials Assessment Centre. I am attending the centre within a few weeks, however, I am yet to receive a programme for the day. I have stumbled upon many different accounts of what is involved in the day. I am unsure whether this varies from force to force. I have previously completed the Assessment Centre for PC, however, I failed by 1 percent over all. I understand that this AC is completely different, but I am unaware of what is going to happen or how to prepare. If anybody has any useful information, or can redirect me to another thread (or website), please respond. Bru…

  14. akc21011546620832
    Started by akc21011546620832,

    Anyone having their final interviews this week?

  15. Ayefno
    Started by Ayefno,

    Hi Anyone with insider knowledge aware of any proposed future Transferee recruitment to Durham from another England Home Office force? Cheers GG

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.