Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hello all, I`m looking to rejoin the police having served for 3 years. Does anyone know what my salary would be if successful? Thanks.
-
Hi guys, Any advice on what the met transferee interview is like? Is it competency based? Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers,
-
Hi. I applied for dyfed powys the other week and failed to pass application stage..again..5th time lol. Doesn't half take a lot of applying to become a police officer. Ah well will keep trying. However, i was told in an email from them that although i did not make it again, i could apply for special constable. But, i have to wait another 6 months before applying again for full time officer, but can i apply straight away for special or will i have to wait 6 months for any position?
-
Hi all, During my AC in December, we were told that those of us with the highest scores would be offered a place on the March intake, subject to vetting and references. I had my medical this week - which I think went well - but am yet to hear anything from Recruitment. Has anyone else from the December AC heard anything further? Cheers
-
- 0 replies
- 421 views
- 1 follower
-
-
So you complete your 2 years probationary period, wait for a vacancy and apply, but what can you do during the time between starting the probationary period and applying for a vacancy? I very much doubt I would apply straight after 2 years, closer to 5 years or more to get more experience and feel more confident. During these years, what can you do to help strengthen your future application as an AFO? Are there certain areas you should try and get experience in? Should you join a shooting club in your free time? I know for certain this is the specialisation I want to go for and understand it's a highly competitive area. Would military experience be beneficial? Are there…
-
-
- 9 replies
- 854 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am looking at Police careers and pay. Whats the take home say after training and at 5 yrs? I see MET get 31k inc the 6k amount. Apart form overtime is there any other additions? I tried some calculations but just wanted to see if someone would tell me their own figures and if I will earn less or more.
-
-
- 60 replies
- 2.6k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi Does anyone know if Strathclyde are doing the SET & fitness test on the same day? Thanks Sheila
-
- 5 replies
- 831 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Just a quick question this one, I've got epilepsy, but it's been well over a year since I've had one. (When I was much younger I'd have one every 6months) The medication I'm on controls it brilliantly! I know that it's very hard to get in if you have epilepsy, but due to my circumstances do you think I have a chance?
-
- 1 reply
- 362 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am currently going through the many stages of the recruitment process. I have passed the Assessment Centre and have been sent a letter stating that the next stage is the Final Board Interview...naturally I'm a little nervous!! I was just wondering if anyone has recently been through the same thing and could offer any tips/advice or if anyone has any general information on the what to expect or what preparation to undertake?? Any help would be much appreciated!! Cheers
-
HI everyone, I joined the Police in 1997 in TVP, completed 7 years there and had the oportunity to emigrate to Canada with my wife and joined Toronto Police in 2004. In the last 15 years I have gained vast amounts of experience, quite a few specialist skills, including Tactical, negotiator, HRT etc. I only stopped being an officer for around 2 weeks leave in 2004 when I left UK and moved to Toronto. I started 2 weeks later. I understand the Home office rules with regards leaving service and rejoining, but common sense must prevail?? surely or am I being so stupid as to expect the Police to have common sense?? Id understand if I had left the job and changed trades ie wo…
-
- 3 replies
- 673 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Does anyone know can you apply for specials and regular officer at same time? I understand you cannot apply for 2 special posts or 2 regular officer posts at once.
-
- 1 reply
- 307 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, I have a start date for the CNC of Feb 11th (training) but I got a call from Thames Valley vetting saying I had a caution as a 15 year old which I had not declared on my application. I had totally forgotten the incident, it was 17 years ago but I've checked with my mum who was obviously present at the time and she is certain I was not cautioned just given a good kick up the a*£e to knock some sense into me. The incident relates to a group of mates at the time stealing car badges and I was lumped in with them even though I took no part in it myself. The person from Thames Valley says it is recorded as a caution but I'm 100% sure there has been a mistake. Is there…
-
- 4 replies
- 536 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi I have seen on the intranet that the met will be recruiting officers again next year internally from pcso and Msc, does anyone know if they will be recruiting from DDOs?
-
Just starting this off to see who else out there is in the recruitment process for the specials ? or who has started their training already ?
-
- 3 replies
- 469 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Kind of stuck with this one. I have been told that when filling out the application form to "paint the picture and be specific examples and not to go into it in theory" when doing compitencies however the relivant training I have to meet some of the compitencies is through charity orginisations that keep all circimstances when dealing with those they assist under the strictest confidence. Ive signed paperwork garenteeing that I will not breach this. Can anyone advise on how to deal with this?
-
-
- 4 replies
- 617 views
- 2 followers
-